PDA

View Full Version : Nightlife in provincia

Trampa
10-04-10, 06:00
For most it might be a bit off the beaten track but I do enjoy going out in Provincia because it's different then anything that offers Capital.

I would like to know if anybody has ever been to miclub in Banfield, the times I went to Banfield (soccer games) I enjoyed it and it's actually a pretty nice area. Can anybody tell if there is a good bus line that takes you to the center of Banfield from Capital?

I prefer Retiro, Paseo Colon or Constucion (actually not) but it could be from anywhere in Capital. I know of course that I can take the last Roca train and one of the first Roca trains back but I am not that comfortable with that.

For what it's worth some reviews about well known places in provincia.

Bosque: Pretty well known night club in Quilmes. Quilmes is about 20-30 minutes from Capital. Cab fare is about 60-70 peso but I normally take the bus. One of the 159 lines takes you right to the place but I don't know which one. I normally take the first one to arrive and about 30 minutes I get off at a busy place (like a bingo) and get a cab there. That would probally cost you around 15 to 20 peso. On the way back you can take the 159 bus back and it takes you straight to paseo Colon and microcentro. Frequency after 4 is actually pretty good and if you do go on a Thursday or Sunday you can probally travel with people who go to Capital to work.

Entrance after 2 is about 30 peso and includes a drink. Drinks in general are about 20% cheaper then a similar place in Capital. The place is a huge place in woods (the name comes from that) and if you go on a Thursday or Sunday night they open up 2 sala's and it's not so big. Probally room for about 700 to 1000 people.

Especially before 2.30 there are many more girls / woman than men, probally because there is some special offer for girls to enter, afterwards it evens out a bit but I would think there are probally still more girls then men.

I have mostly been on Thursday and sundays, probally around 15 times or so and only one time on a Friday night and the place is a lot bigger then and they also have a huge outside seating area which must pretty nice during the summer. Fridaynight it's probally a younger crowd, Thursday and Sunday night it's more mixed with either young girls who are under 23 and woman over 35, not a lot in between.

I have never tried but I am sure you will get loads of attention if you speak English loud and clear. It's basically a place where hardly any foreigners go and it's definitly different then any place you can find in Capital. I would think it's worthwhile to check out.

Pinar de Rocha: Also a well known club just outside Capital. If I am not mistaken it's about at 12000 Rivadavia, just 10-15 blocks outside of the limit of Capital.

I never felt scared but it's a bit of a shady area. I have been there one time on a Thursday night and it's pretty well known for Argentines as a place where there are loads of strippers. I would think it's pretty similar to Sunset which I also don't like.

It's definitly a lot different again and for a night out you can probally enjoy yourself. My guess is that you need to take a cab back for your own security and don't get too drunk there. Linea A of the subte is pretty close so it might be an idea to take the cab there and continue your trip on the subte.

I have also known good things about going out in Quilmes centro, but I have yet to check that out

Exon123
10-04-10, 10:07
Yes, But can You Fuck.

Exon

Trampa
10-04-10, 14:50
So share your experience, some might be interested, I am sure are.

Exon123
10-04-10, 17:47
So share your experience, some might be interested, I am sure are.I have no experience in the provincia Fucking, thats why I asked.

Exon

Trampa
10-04-10, 18:23
I have no experience in the provincia Fucking, thats why I asked.

ExonI do, what do you want to know?

Gandolf50
10-06-10, 08:25
For those of you who want to explore. If you take the train from F. LaCroze (on the B subte) after a 35 min ride to station Sgt Barufaldi (in San Miquel, X ruta 8) the club Imagina is across the street and about 100 yards to the left. Hard to miss. Closed on Mondays. Things start happening around midnight. Attached hotel. If I remember correctly its around 170p a hour for chica and room. Clean and safe. I think there is a 10p cover charge. No english spoken. But years ago when I couldn't speak spanish I always got by. There are several others in this general area but this is the biggest and the only one with really nice rooms.

Exon123
10-06-10, 10:37
I do, what do you want to know?Everything.

Exon

Trampa
10-06-10, 14:30
For those of you who want to explore. If you take the train from F. LaCroze (on the B subte) after a 35 min ride to station Sgt Barufaldi (in San Miquel, X ruta 8) the club Imagina is across the street and about 100 yards to the left. Hard to miss. Closed on Mondays. Things start happening around midnight. Attached hotel. If I remember correctly its around 170p a hour for chica and room. Clean and safe. I think there is a 10p cover charge. No english spoken. But years ago when I couldn't speak spanish I always got by. There are several others in this general area but this is the biggest and the only one with really nice rooms.That's a pretty shady train by the way, I wouldn't suggest to go there late at night or come back drunk early in the morning.

I don't know the club your talking about but on a Friday and Saturday night there are about 2 blocks of clubs and bars which are PACKED with people. Pretty nice to check out some day. Crowd is all Argentine and in general pretty young, think 16 to 22, but there are some bars that cater for older people eventhough I would think that if you are over 35 you stand out.

If your personal safety is an issue your probally better off picking the Belgrano train to Don Turquato (pretty nice small town with loads of German influences) and from there you can take the bus to San Miguel (I don't know which but it should be easy to find out)

There is a club called Coyote (or whatever the name is now) which is pretty well known by Argentines, even the daughter of the president goes there sometimes for example

Trampa
10-06-10, 14:34
Everything.

ExonI would say similar, girls are more fun and less stuck-up in general

Dave132
10-11-10, 02:26
Be careful in the province. I live there but I mostly go out in the capital. If you go, better go in a group, preferably with some argentines.

It is not dangerous per se, but you have to know very well where it is safe and where it is not, and at which hour, etc.

I. E. The train can be perfect at early night until I. E.23:00 when lots of people go home from work, but a dangerous place later. Same thing is the case with some streets.

Generally, it seems safer on week-ends due to the quantity of people going out. Stick to the city centers. Don't get drunk! Only go if your spanish is sufficient to understand and express anything you want.

I don't want to unnecessarily scare anyone of you. And of course not all places are that bad. But unless you have any detailed knowledge, best by means of argentine friends, better be safe than sorry.

I can tell you that Quilmes, Lomas / Banfield, etc. Can be pretty nasty places. Mi Club is fine though, from what I have heard. Just make sure you know how to get there and how to get back. Avoid at all costs getting into brawls with the locals.

For going home to the capital, consider taking a Remis. There are lots of "kiosks" with a waiting room on the main streets and the first block of the side streets. They charge roughly 3 pesos per kilometer, so you can kiss like 50-80 pesos goodbye for going home to the capital, but I think it is worth it. Make sure to ask for the price right at the beginning when you tell them where you want to go. And don't forget to ask what the waiting time is, at weekends they are generally working at full capacity. Be prepared to discuss with the driver all the way home (roughly an hour) what you were thinking when you decided to go there and why it is too dangerous for foreigners. In accordance with that, capital taxi drivers may refuse to take you to province localities for various reasons ranging from business to security. Capital taxis are allowed to charge you double for all distance driven outside the capital.

Apart from that, you can expect province chicas to have at least on child. Don't know why most of them are like that, if it is lack of sex education, lack of consequence or simply a strong desire to get pregnant from their first boyfriend. Probably goes hand-in-hand with them being easier than porteņas.

PS: Don't mention football, they take it way more serious in the province.

Master J
10-11-10, 04:48
I can tell you that Quilmes, Lomas / Banfield, etc. Can be pretty nasty places.

My ex decided to stay with her ex in Banfield. She has family that I have visited in Almirante Brown, so I am a little familiar with that area, but not Banfield. Is it just a typical south side provincia neighborhood or is it rough and nice in different areas? Just curious to get a take on the neighborhood. Not for gringos? Thought there was a very nice cobblestone neighbord nearby, name escapes me.

I took a remis quiet often. An adventure through some very scary looking areas. Thought I would gone.

Trampa
10-11-10, 21:55
I don't Banfield very well and have been there like 5 times but the area that is close to the centre is really nice and comparable to places like San Isidro.

Trampa
10-11-10, 22:08
Dave,

Whats provincia for you: Zona Norte, Oeste and/or Sur?

Some points:

I must have taken atleast 50 trips with a cab to provincia and I have NEVER paid more then the ida, just ask the guy what his estimated price is, if he knows the place and let him leave if he wants to bullshit you, there are plenty of cab drivers who want to take you for what the reloj says. Some knowledge of Spanish helps you offcourse and it would be even better to go with a local and let him do the talking

I have taken maybe around 15 to 20 trips from provincia with Roca at night and I have felt scared or threathend in any way. I take my iPhone everywhere but never take it out when I don't know the place well. I would leave your golden watch and cc at home though. Just use common sense and stay where there are people and you will probally be fine. Look around will never hurt you though

Most boliches even have telos at there place or really close, just take a turno de noche, have fun and go back to cap during the day

I would think itīs common sense to donīt get drunk, get in fights and do crazy stuff like that. That is not a good idea in your home town nor in Capital

If you want out to check out a place like El Bosque I donīt really think there is a lot that can go wrong because the 159 bus really stops one block from the club and every single one takes you back to Capital. People that travel on that bus are mainly people who work in Capital but live in Provincia. I am not sure about the way there though, there is a 159 that takes you there but I donīt know which. I have basically start drinking in San Telmo(place like Gibraltar and red door are nice) and took a cab from there or taken a 159 blindly and wait untill I get near a bingo and get a cab there. That should work as well.

A place like Pinar de Rocha is about 20 to 30 blocks away from Capital(my guess) and there are cabs waiting for you to take home. If you dont want to spend money ask them drop you off like in Primera Junta and take a bus or subte from there.

Gandolf50
10-14-10, 08:24
For those of you who like loud, noisr, crowded "disco" type clubs there is one in Moreno that is easy to get to. The train from Once ends in Moreno (about 1 hour from Once) from the station follow the tracks and the crowds another 3 blocks in the same direction you have been traveling and its on the left. Lots of single women, all ages and all types. I don't care for the place but my boys who are in their thirty's love it. I doubt many people speak english but my boys don, t speak spanish but they always seem to drag a few girls back to the house when they are here.

Trampa
10-14-10, 11:52
For those of you who like loud, noisr, crowded "disco" type clubs there is one in Moreno that is easy to get to. The train from Once ends in Moreno (about 1 hour from Once) from the station follow the tracks and the crowds another 3 blocks in the same direction you have been traveling and its on the left. Lots of single women, all ages and all types. I don't care for the place but my boys who are in their thirty's love it. I doubt many people speak english but my boys don, t speak spanish but they always seem to drag a few girls back to the house when they are here.Thanks for the report, keep them coming.

Do your boys specially go to that club or do they (you?) live close?

Gandolf50
10-16-10, 07:43
Thanks for the report, keep them coming.

Do your boys specially go to that club or do they (you? Live close? I live about 8 miles to the west of Moreno. But for my kids who only visit once a year or once every two yeaars it is a easy place to find from my house by car or bus or even on foot (follow the train tracks! ) There are lots of places around but few that are easy to get to by bus or train frim the city. I am assuming most of the people in this forum stay or live in the city which is understandable. But for those of us who "live in the sticks" as my son puts it there are places much closer and cheaper then going all the way into the city.

Trampa
10-16-10, 12:39
I wild estimate for me is that going out in provincia is about 25 to 30 percent cheaper then in capital, especially THE expat barrios.

Tonight I am probally going to kamstaka or something like that, not ā really big place but enjoyable and about 3 blocks from the station acasusso

Trampa
10-31-10, 06:54
Another report:

Brako bar:

Close to the station in Ramos Mejia around Rivadavia 14000. Seems like it is for the area pretty much a upper class bar. Drinks were also not cheap. Crowds are similar to the crowd in capital. There were some nice girls but by Argentine standards I would say pretty average. Crowd was mainly from 20 to 40. The place was packed around 2 and I didn't like it, but its offcourse hit and miss.

Right across the tracks you have the boliche Vesuvius. Not a really big place about 500 people and there are some male and female strippers. The female strippers were definitly not cute. Crowd is basically 20 plus and some woman from basically every age. I personally think that almost girls are ugly but some might like it. For me the Crowd is pretty similar to pimar de rocha which I also didn't like.

Entrance for me was 35 peso but my guess the price is about 40 and didnt include a drink. Speed con wodka was cheap with ā full glass of wodka and another one to share. 20 peso which is cheap nowadays.

The area is dodgy at best and I would definitly Wander a lot around at night. Boliches seem safe. From I think around 5 the trains start running and that might be an option as well. Right at the door there is a bus that takes you to primer junta, from there on it's easy to take another bus, taxi or subte

I really don't like the area and Basically I went because my friends wanted to go but I doubt I Will be back

Lucas90
01-05-11, 22:07
Thought I'd re-open this one, as there's been recent interest in both the Black and Hippo threads, there's good info here, and it made me curious about the Provincia scene. Probably not for me when I'm here on vacation (the long commute is too much like what I do the other 48 weeks of the year, and I'm back serving sentence in SP anyway). But maybe an opportunity here for a small group of centro based guys, preferably with Madahos / Black / Hippo experience, to make a long night of it, visit some of these places and report back in detail on chica quality, availability, atmosphere, prices etc? TOFTT? Could be fun.

I used to visit a few of the non-pro boliches when I first started coming to Bs As in the 90s, but never got further than Palermo / Belgrano. There was one called Coyote (en Los Arcos) which had podium dancers and a decent buzz (don't know if it's still going). Even remember Hippo when it was a normal disco. I didn't find them good hunting grounds though. Although I'm ok with the loud music and the raw atmosphere, I gave up going, mainly because the decibel levels made chat-up conversation difficult and there were just too many younger better looking guys to compete with. The cigarette smoke was a killer too.

Playing the newbie card, the questions that come to mind after reading this thread are.

1. Are the Provincia boliches just about non-pro chicas (as the forum sub-title suggests) , or are there places that deal exclusively in pros (like Madahos etc). Or maybe a mixture of both, a bit like Cocodrilo and the old Help disco in Rio?

2. (the 64 dollar question). Short of taping a US $100 bill on your forehead, how do you get the message across to a non-pro chica in one of these places that you'd be up for some P4P action? I don't know about North America, but girls in Western Europe (even the ones in strip clubs) can get VERY angry when you try this on (not to mention their boyfriends, if you hadn't spotted them). Do you go out of your way to look and act like a gringo and then wait for some interest? If so, it's the reverse strategy to the centro pro scene.

Instinctively I'd guess that the better looking pros would all head for Recoleta or the triangle where they could make better money (the ones I meet often seem to travel in from miles away). But you guys with the knowledge might be able to put me right on this.

Trampa
01-06-11, 11:19
Are you refering to coyote in San Miguel? That one is still around and is pretty well known by Argentines. Getting there though is ā ***** because you need to go with linea san Martin and people tell me its pretty dangerous at night. Other option is maybe to take the belgrano untill Don turquato and take the bus from there, again ā *****.

The art about pulling girls from ā bolliche is getting drunk aproach as many girls as possible by dancing, pulling them toewards you, standing in there way and stuff like that. Argentine girl like it that way. Once you get her attention buy her ā drink and get her drunk. Your basically are guaranteed sex at that point.

If she is with ā big group try to get her alone for example to take her to ā quiet place like outside or ask her to go with her to the bar. Also don't be afraid to touce her hair or grab her waist Argentine girls in Boliches like you to be agressive and like to be touched

About p4p I am really not sure and I don't know why you would want that if you are in Boliche full of girls that want to get laid.

My guess is that 90 porcent is not interested and most would probally slap you in the face, Argentina is not Peru where this kind of thing is much more common.

Many of the bigger Boliches have some putas and travas looking for work, but they are easy to recognize but NEVER try that kind of stuff with normal girls.

If you are with ā big group I would suggest El Bosque in Quilmes its big safe and easy to reach.

If you are going with ā group of gringos you will get plenty of attention

Gandolf50
01-06-11, 21:57
As you pointed out the San Martin line is not a good idea. Don Torquato is closer to Tigre (another nice party area) the U train (urquiza?) from Federico LaCroze ends right in town at Gral Lemos. The train is safe and clean. Usually lots of cops and military on the train.

Trampa
01-06-11, 23:10
Ask a local if taking the San Martin line at night, if you don't believe me.

Belgrano is not perfecto but definitely safer.

Gandolf50
01-07-11, 06:48
Ask ā local if taking the san Martin line at night, if you don't believe me.

Belgrano is not perfecto but definitly saferMaybe you misunderstood. I agreed with you that the San Martin line is un safe at night. I was pointing out that the Urquiza line is much nicer. Its electric not diesel, and as a result its faster. There seems to be a nicer class of commuters and maybe because it passes alongside Campo de Mayo there usually are police and or MP's on the train at night. The best part (at least for me) is that it stops about 100 yards from my favorite puteria (Imagina).

Trampa
01-08-11, 15:33
Gandolfo, I didn't know about the Urquiza line but after some reading it might well be possible to take the B line, take the Urquiza line and get of in the centre of San Miguel. Takes you about 1 hour I guess.

The way back could be a ***** though I think (or maybe they start to run around 5 like Mitre) and it might be better to get a remis (especially if you are going with a group) that sets you back around 100 peso

I do think San Miguel is worth going but its a pretty young crowd. Coyote is pretty well known and has a bit older crowd. No foreigners though

Lucas90
01-09-11, 20:30
Thanks guys. You've answered my questions, and even told me the best way to get there! I've got a better picture now of the provincia scene. Looks like there might be a 'best of both worlds' option to try a non-pro boliche first, and then hit the puteria if you strike out. Now it just needs some intrepid mongers to plan it out, give it a go and report back. Suerte!

Gandolf50
01-11-11, 14:02
A note about leaving the San Miguel area in a remis to return to the city. From my experiance it will be difficult if not imposible. Most of the remis are not legal for one reason or another and they don't want to go far. But the 57 from Pilar passes for ruta 8 plus the 57 from Lujan passes through town (ruta 23) and these will drop you in plaza Italia. Again these buses are not very abundant in the early morning hours. It would be safer just to wait for the train. I think the first leaves around 5am. I will check next time I pass by the station. The 203 from Moreno to puente Saaverdra passes frequently but this leaves you up on the north end plus its slow.