PDA

View Full Version : Census. What to do?

RubDub
10-26-10, 17:01
So if its true that the whole city shuts down, at least until 8pm (supposedly, then are there any suggestions out there for any non-mongering activities?

Exon123
10-26-10, 18:15
So if its true that the whole city shuts down, at least until 8pm (supposedly, then are there any suggestions out there for any non-mongering activities?Have you thought about getting a Prostrate massage and a Handjob.

Exon

Wild Walleye
10-27-10, 19:02
This should be called "Forced fast 2010"

Other than a couple of kioskos selling to long lines through the fence (officially closed, there was no place to eat or get food. The one open Farmacity had garbage bags taped over the candy bars and water sections.

It wasn't until 21:00 that I found a cafe (Cafe Suarez on the corner of Lavalle and Esmerelda) that was just opening. I had probably covered about 10k of the city (Centro & Tribunales) on foot (sight seeing and exercise) and this was the only open cafe I saw. I saw one open parilla near Ramiro's place. I doubt that I would ever have stepped foot in this establishment were it not for the federal effort to starve me. Not that there is anything wrong with this place, it just looks like one of those run-of-the-mill tourist cafes.

I didn't think twice (I was in survival mode and needed sustenance before wrestling with one of Gysell's friends) and dashed inside. The place was empty having literally opened that minute. I was probably the fifth table to sit down. There was only one waiter who would be responsible for the establishment's twenty tables (not sure why that surprised me. Ordered up some coffee, water and sweets and started to nourish my emaciated self. The place almost immediately filled to capacity with a line of people coming in for take out. Apparently, I was not the only one who failed to prepare for this national blight by storing some nuts back in my nest. As tables became scarce (at least that was her excuse, a woman about thirty asked if she could share my table. Si como no?

Not surprisingly, she was checking me out. My rippling biceps poked provocatively out of my short sleeve shirt, my natural musk filled the air with animal lust. Sorry, I got confused and thought I was writing my romance novel. Anyhow, she barely noticed that I was there. But I noticed that she had her bag over her shoulder and clenched in a death grip. I thought to myself, "why not just put it on the empty chair between her and the window? "

Having been a little hungry, I finished quicker than usual. I tried to think about baseball but those mediaslunas tasted so good. As I was sated and basking in the afterglow, some cocksucker had to ruin the moment. About two tables over this woman quickly stood up, looked around frantically and burst into tears. Some a-hole had swiped her bag off the back of her chair. I had been looking in exactly that direction for some time, trying to get the waiter's attention for my check, and saw absolutely nothing of note. I am certain that I was probably looking right at the guy when he took it. So, the woman across the table quickly cinches up her bag a little tighter, thus answering my earlier question about why not put it on the chair.

It was an excellent reminder to be constantly vigilant. Don't leave you cell phone sitting on the table, if your date has a bag, have her keep it on or sit on it. If you carry a man-purse, well that is a whole different bag of worms. It was the perfect environment for the crime as the place was rapidly going from empty to packed, lots of commotion.

I departed and headed to Gysell's (to be continued on Gysell's thread)