PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds Properties

Bundalover1
11-04-10, 23:41
The following is actual communication sent Nov 04 2010. More to follow.

Hey Paul,

Are you going to have an intensive breakfast today? Maybe cook an egg in a frying pan? Do you have a frying pan in your house?

Does your wife use intensive cooking techniques like perhaps. Making coffee? Why do you rent apartments without these 'exotic' imported items (a single frying pan and coffee maker)?

I have not received a response from anyone at your agency today. Everybody went home without even acknowledging there is an issue. You and your company have a great reputation. It would be nice to continue with the great reviews on the various consumer based web sites.

When do you intend to respond?

Thanks xxx.

-Original Message-

To: paulatrealestate. Com. Ar;

Sent: Thu, Nov 4,2010 8:58 am.

Subject: Fwd: Reynolds Propiedades.

Dear Maria and Paul,

"Definitely not for intensive cooking during a 2 week stay."

There is not a pot to boil water!

What is a point of a kitchen?

The apartment cost 150,000USD and the owner does not want to spend 150USD to make it useful?

Would you be able to make breakfast with the items listed? How could you cook an egg?

Xxx.

-Original Message-

To:xxx.

Sent: Thu, Nov 4,2010 4:33 am.

Subject: RE: Reynolds Propiedades.

Hello, xxx,

We have spoken to the owner of Uriarte, regarding your last request of kitchen utensils.

She has declined the request, as the property is a 40 m2. Studio with a basic kitchen set-up, only divided from the rest of the apartment by a sliding door. Definitely not for intensive cooking during a 2 week stay.

She has asked us to return your VISA reservation for this apartment. We can use the money of the reserve (123 USD) to other apartment or give it back to you. Please, let me know.

I look forward t your reply.

Bests.

Xxx.

Sent: Wed, 11/3/2010 3:52pm.

To: "xxx atreynoldspropiedades. Com

Subject: Re: Reynolds Propiedades.

Hi Jxxx,

The kitchen has almost nothing. How can we make pasta with sauce and a side dish of vegtables?

I will send more complete comments. But there are no pots. How can I make an omelet? Plastic dishes?

Not acceptable. What do we put in the microwave?

Where is the cutting board?

Where are the knives to cook with?

Where is the coffee machine?

How do we broil fish? What do we put it in?

Where is the pasta strainer?

Where are the utensil? Large spoons, spatulas etc?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

This is unacceptable. You know there is almost nothing in the kitchen.

Please resolve this so that the kitchen is fully ready for cooking.

Thanks xxx.

-Original Message-

To: xxx.

Sent: Wed, Nov 3,2010 10:25 am.

Subject: RE: Reynolds Propiedades.

Hello, xxx,

Thank you for the info.

Regarding your questions:

* We will meet you in the apartment on December 21st to sign the contract. The owner will be there too.

* I am sending the inventory attached. Bear in mind that can be some diferences.

* I am sending a "master contract" attached too. I will have it prepared the day before you arrive (Dec 20.

* Check in 10.00 am. Ok.

* 2 sets of keys. Ok.

* The voltage is 220 in Argentina. You can buy a universal adaptor.

Bests.

Xxx.

Sent: Wed, 11/3/2010 1:35pm.

To:xx atreynoldspropiedades. Com

Subject: Re: Reynolds Propiedades.

Gracias xxx,

I will be arriving in BsAs on Dec 14th and staying with a friend who rented a very expensive house in Palermo. I will be able to visit you at your office on either Dec 16th or 17th to complete the deposit.

My complete name is xxx.

My US passport number is xxx.

My address is xxx EUA.

Now a few questions.

1) When we do the check in process is the owner going to be there or just a Reynolds representative?

2) Can you email me the check-in list (list of all items in the apartment) now please?

I need to see the list of linens and kitchen items so I can bring missing items.

3) SInce you are setting up the contract now can you email it to me when you finish?

4) Check in will be the morning of the 21st. Is 10:00 acceptable? I will be coming from Palermo Soho (via walking.

5) I would like 2 sets of keys.

6) Is the voltage 120 vac or 220 vac? What does the shape of the plug / receptacle look like? Can you photograph one at your office for me to see?

Thank you,

-Original Message-

To:

Sent: Wed, Nov 3,2010 9:20 am.

Subject: Reynolds Propiedades.

Hello, xxx,

Thank you for your payment. The apartment was blocked for your stay. The following is the property's info:

Address: Uriarte 2393 9ºF.

Telephone: 4775-2160.

We need your personal info (complete name, address and passport number) to set up the contract and your flight info to coordinate the check in time (airline, flight number and arrival time.

I look forward to your reply.

Bests.

Xxx

BadMan
11-05-10, 15:08
LOL. Who is that douche bag?

Props to Reynolds for reserving the right to refuse service to anyone.

Bundalover1
11-09-10, 17:40
Update. I contacted a manager at Reynolds last Friday who was pleasant and receptive to discuss this. Even though she was not on my email "send to' she had been copied. I think this is a very good thing. She agreed to meet with the apartment owner on my behalf. She did. Today is Tuesday and I just got off the phone and we have an agreement to proceed to rent and supply some missing items. Whatever they do not supply I will bring from the states. So compared to some other agencies I think this is decent. They worked with me. However it took days longer than it should have. It this were not a rental for Christmas and New Years then I would not rent without viewing apartments in person.

On my list of about 20 apartments from solid agencies exactly zero of them are available for this time frame.

So whatever the decrease in tourism in 2010 this time of year is looking like full occupancy (again.)

Some agencies refuse to send the inventory check in list. You only find out after you check in that there are one set of sheets and towels. Always ask.

Most of you could not care less about kitchen items but I like to cook and this unit has a beautiful kitchen with almost no useful items to cook.

Ok Bad- What exactly makes me a douche bag?

Miami Bob
11-10-10, 13:29
Probably have done 10 rentals over the years. Only had one problem with internet. The owner was very responsive, fixed the problem. I needed software installed to access low cost dsl line. Owner gave be a discount. I rceived an email from the owner Paul. The actual agent was missing in action. I refused to deal w / her on repeat rentals. I have rented directly from the owner after told that I had to deal with the listing agent. I generally will not cut out the rental agency unless they are being ridiculous. If the agency honors their contract and treats me well, I will try to keep my part of the bargain. If they try to play with me, I will play with them.