PDA

View Full Version : Ezeiza

Amantelondres
11-06-10, 19:16
Ezeiza

Reading La Nacion online today it seems that Ezeiza is in a real mess and can't cope with the transfer of flights from Aeroparque. Many flights cancelled (Not really surprised as both airports handle about 600,000 pax per year and who was the idiot that imagined that Ezeiza could handle the extra load? A six year old could have told them that) Has anyone experienced any problems including access by car into and out of the airport?

Silver Star
11-07-10, 01:31
Ezeiza

Reading La Nacion online today it seems that Ezeiza is in a real mess and can't cope with the transfer of flights from Aeroparque. Many flights cancelled (Not really surprised as both airports handle about 600,000 pax per year and who was the idiot that imagined that Ezeiza could handle the extra load? A six year old could have told them that) Has anyone experienced any problems including access by car into and out of the airport? I was in the A terminal this morning, and it was very crowded, much more than normal. A lot of the chaos is from the Aerolineas / Austral strike, lots of stranded passengers and cancelled flights. There is a new terminal see that is handling Aerolineas domestic flights, and tons of new parking spaces. Some flights like Pluna are being diverted to El Palamar.

One thing to watch, it may take up to 15 minutes just to get your parking ticket to enter EZE, as there is the same amount of entrance lanes, but double the traffic coming in. Cab lines looked a lot longer than usual. It can also take a little bit longer to pay parking to exit as well, no extra lanes have been set up.

Also, beware flight times are changing all the time, especially on LAN and Aerolineas.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers in Buenos Aires

Amantelondres
11-07-10, 07:46
Thanks Fred, I feared that the entry and exit lanes were going to be the main problem. Good to know about Terminal see. Though arriving at international terminal so sounds like that will be fairly trouble free.

I was in the A terminal this morning, and it was very crowded, much more than normal. A lot of the chaos is from the Aerolineas / Austral strike, lots of stranded passengers and cancelled flights. There is a new terminal see that is handling Aerolineas domestic flights, and tons of new parking spaces. Some flights like Pluna are being diverted to El Palamar.

One thing to watch, it may take up to 15 minutes just to get your parking ticket to enter EZE, as there is the same amount of entrance lanes, but double the traffic coming in. Cab lines looked a lot longer than usual. It can also take a little bit longer to pay parking to exit as well, no extra lanes have been set up.

Also, beware flight times are changing all the time, especially on LAN and Aerolineas.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers in Buenos Aires

Punter 127
11-07-10, 10:32
Ezeiza

Reading La Nacion online today it seems that Ezeiza is in a real mess and can't cope with the transfer of flights from Aeroparque. Many flights cancelled (Not really surprised as both airports handle about 600,000 pax per year and who was the idiot that imagined that Ezeiza could handle the extra load? A six year old could have told them that) Has anyone experienced any problems including access by car into and out of the airport? I came in last Wednesday without any problems at all. However I had a 6 am arrival on AA, and I was in Business class and already had my entry fee paid which allowed me to clear immigrations and customs, exchanged money and get out of the terminal and in a taxi very fast. At that time of day I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I hope it goes as smoothly when I leave.

Damman
11-08-10, 13:40
I came in last Wednesday without any problems at all. However I had a 6 am arrival on AA, and I was in Business class and already had my entry fee paid which allowed me to clear immigrations and customs, exchanged money and get out of the terminal and in a taxi very fast. At that time of day I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I hope it goes as smoothly when I leave.Thanks Punt. The problems seem to be with AR domestic flights. Returning next week and have been monitoring International flights and they seem to be about normal. Did have my concerns when Aeroparque closed.

Joe 23
11-08-10, 15:47
I came in last Wednesday without any problems at all. However I had a 6 am arrival on AA, and I was in Business class and already had my entry fee paid which allowed me to clear immigrations and customs, exchanged money and get out of the terminal and in a taxi very fast. At that time of day I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I hope it goes as smoothly when I leave.Last Wednesday was the last day for Aeroparque before the temporary closure.

I was very lucky that my trip to Mendoza was on this day, not one day later.

The morning flight (LAN) was delayed by about 2 hours, and the return (Austral) by half an hour, but this is within what is considered as normal operation.

At night when I flew in, there was bit of confusion on the road to Aeroparque because of a fallen down tree that blocked Costanera going west, but here again I had the luck of my remises driver being clever enough to come from the opposite direction.

I don't know how the international flights in and out of Ezeiza are affected now, but it seems that the chaos of domestic flights still continues.

My assumption is that the domestic flight operations will NOT resume to full service until about a week after Aeroparque reopens in December.

Where do you think you are, boys? This is Argentina.

Silver Star
11-08-10, 18:37
Last Wednesday was the last day for Aeroparque before the temporary closure.

I was very lucky that my trip to Mendoza was on this day, not one day later.

The morning flight (LAN) was delayed by about 2 hours, and the return (Austral) by half an hour, but this is within what is considered as normal operation.

At night when I flew in, there was bit of confusion on the road to Aeroparque because of a fallen down tree that blocked Costanera going west, but here again I had the luck of my remises driver being clever enough to come from the opposite direction.

I don't know how the international flights in and out of Ezeiza are affected now, but it seems that the chaos of domestic flights still continues.

My assumption is that the domestic flight operations will NOT resume to full service until about a week after Aeroparque reopens in December.

Where do you think you are, boys? This is Argentina. I am a professional, American airport chauffeur here, and EZE is basically normal, but more crowded of course. Watch out for longer times to get in and out of the airport, and generally more traffic on the highway too. Terminal A was very crowded this morning, but all seems to be going fine. Remember, domestic flights on Austral and Aerolineas Argentinas are now in Terminal C, this make shift terminal is very crowded, I was scoping it out yesterday in between jobs. Taxi / Remis lines appeared a bit longer than normal, and it looked like LAN was on strike today. But all in all, things are more the same. Just be prepared for a 15 minute wait to get the parking ticket to enter EZE, there is double the car volume, but the same amount of booths.

Volume was heavier than normal on the highway coming in this morning.

(My fast toll pass shaved off at least 5 minutes of travel time)

FYI SilverStar has iPhone internet access to the airport website, so we will get you to the correct terminal.

Thanks,

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Executive Car Services in Buenos Aires

Damman
11-08-10, 21:23
Only in Argentina:

"BUENOS AIRES, Argentina — A fistfight between pilots in an airplane cockpit led to a weekend of chaos for thousands of travellers in Argentina, where authorities were still dealing with the backlog on Monday."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5i0YxVX0Ko2eyBLzLO_S7OjApUC6Q?docId=5071870

Wild Walleye
11-08-10, 22:43
Only in Argentina:

"BUENOS AIRES, Argentina — A fistfight between pilots in an airplane cockpit led to a weekend of chaos for thousands of travellers in Argentina, where authorities were still dealing with the backlog on Monday."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5i0YxVX0Ko2eyBLzLO_S7OjApUC6Q?docId=5071870Two pilots, from rival unions in the same cockpit. They brawl, the police have to come and physically remove them from the plane. Both Unions call a strike. Both unions demand the airline not sanction their respective pilot.

Tens of thousands of passengers inconvenienced, I am sure millions of additional costs to companies and individuals and these guys should get off scott free?

Like you said,"only in Argentina"

We need Borat to say "what a country!"

Silver Star
11-09-10, 14:42
Two pilots, from rival unions in the same cockpit. They brawl, the police have to come and physically remove them from the plane. Both Unions call a strike. Both unions demand the airline not sanction their respective pilot.

Tens of thousands of passengers inconvenienced, I am sure millions of additional costs to companies and individuals and these guys should get off scott free?

Like you said,"only in Argentina"

We need Borat to say "what a country!"Did a pickup in Terminal A today, things are more the same, it was crowded, and customs took forever, but I believe this is more due to the fact that we are in season now. Parking, and getting in and out of EZE takes just a little bit longer than normal.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com