PDA

View Full Version : In BA Dec 4. 7

Nugget
12-01-10, 00:51
I will be in BA Dec. 4 through the 7th. I've got the 4 and 5 completely free and have to work the night of the 6th and leave mid-day the 7th.

Would like a couple of good food suggestions for the weekend, as well as a couple of chica suggestions if someone wants to throw several out. I've done a lot of research on the boards and several look very tempting, but nothing does more than word of mouth recommendations. Things I look for are good BBJ (optional CIM) and cola. Good looking but no fake tits. This is more of the if you were new to mongering and had a very limited amount of time to monger during the weekend WHO would you do?

Also, any deep sea fishing (real fish) in AR during this time of year?

Anyway, I do appreciate everyone on the board and their general comments and information. I look forward to posting a review during / after the trip. I'm heading to Rio after the 7th for a few days if anyone wants to provide intel on who to do there. (In Uruguay immediately before also)

Stinger
12-01-10, 13:48
Nugget,

My three favorite places to eat in BA are all steakhouses, of course, and all have a different vibe.

I have gone to L'Alliance a few times and I will tell you that TL is a great guy to hang out with and he is very good with steak. It is a shame he has had so many troubles keeping it open, but you really should go see him. The meat and chicas are great.

My current favorite is La Brigada in San Telmo at 465 Estados Unidos. It used to be more of a local hangout and they have two sections to sit in because it has popped up on tourism screens now. Wherever you sit, walk around and look at the whole place. The beef is awesome. They will offer you the most expensive wine right off the bat, so don't fall for that unless you want to. There are plenty of reasonably priced bottles. After eating there, walk about 2 blocks west on Estados Unidos until you see Peru. Turn right. On your left, you will see Gibraltar, which is a British-style pub. Good place to go after dinner.

If expense is not an issue, go to Cabana Las Lilas, which is in Puerto Madero on 516 Alicia Moreau de Justo. Though it is overpriced, many consider this the top parrilla in BA. Besides the steaks being awesome, they load the table with breads, cheeses, olives, peppers, etc. They also have a dessert boat that is amazing. You will spend twice what you spend elsewhere, so this is your "I want to be a King" moment if you want it.

Stinger