PDA

View Full Version : Where do (insert city name) residents go for the weekend?

Further
12-13-10, 08:05
I'm looking for places to spend a month or two as a base for both exploring and hanging out. I will not live in a city, but I want some of the amenities that locals with enough cash to drive out of town for a weekend expect to find. I need cleanish air, so the town should have less than 150k population and not be sitting in a pollution trapping valley. Be nice if it was a local tourist destination only for one season of the year, I'd go there during the shoulder season.

I just need the names for now. I have other requirements for such a destination, but they're pretty easy to research once I know the town name. Doesn't matter if you think a foreign tourist would find it boring or lacking as my needs differ from them.

Not interested in anything near BA.

Thanks.

Gandolf50
12-15-10, 07:49
I'm looking for places to spend a month or two as a base for both exploring and hanging out. I will not live in a city, but I want some of the amenities that locals with enough cash to drive out of town for a weekend expect to find. I need cleanish air, so the town should have less than 150k population and not be sitting in a pollution trapping valley. Be nice if it was a local tourist destination only for one season of the year, I'd go there during the shoulder season.

I just need the names for now. I have other requirements for such a destination, but they're pretty easy to research once I know the town name. Doesn't matter if you think a foreign tourist would find it boring or lacking as my needs differ from them.

Not interested in anything near BA.

Thanks. I like the region in and around Cosquin in Cordoba. Small mountains' clean air, lots of small towns.

Trampa
12-15-10, 12:42
Tandil.

Victoria

Toymann
12-15-10, 13:36
I like the region in and around Cosquin in Cordoba. Small mountains' clean air, lots of small towns.If you like to fish, even better. Second city of corrienties. Nice town of about 75k I think. Good luck. Happy Mongering All. Toymann

Further
12-18-10, 13:06
Thanks for the info.