PDA

View Full Version : Illegal ocupations in Soldati (Capital)

Trampa
12-13-10, 23:07
This is basically what happens in my opinion

Macri, the mayor of Capital and oposition candidate against K, decides that elections will be held in March 2011, so he can become a mayor and run for president in october

To get back at Macri the K. Clan decides to complicate life for him and send a couple of 100 Bolivian families to occupy a park in the Soldati barrio. The Macri police who has no power to evict those people and all hell breaks lose.

Macri asks the Federal police to help (which should kick those people out in the first place) them and they refuge to complicate the situation of Macri.

4 people die in 2 days of rioting and in the end the federal police (and prefectura and gendarmeria ) helps and closes down the area without evicting the people. Some of the rioters are barras (futbol hooligans) who all respond to the K. Clan.

The K. Clan offers all people there free housing in other parts of BA.

In various places in Gran BA there are people trying to occupy public terrority in the hope they are also getting free housing

This is my view in a nutshell but its developing

Trampa
12-13-10, 23:09
There are supposed to be living 13. 000 people living there, probally 99, 9% non Argentine

Argento
12-14-10, 00:18
This is basically what happens in my opinion

Macri, the mayor of Capital and oposition candidate against K, decides that elections will be held in March 2011, so he can become a mayor and run for president in October.

To get back at Macri the K. Clan decides to complicate life for him and send a couple of 100 Bolivian families to occupy a park in the Soldati barrio. The Macri police who has no power to evict those people and all hell breaks lose.

Macri asks the Federal police to help (which should kick those people out in the first place) them and they refuge to complicate the situation of Macri.

4 people die in 2 days of rioting and in the end the federal police (and prefectura and gendarmeria) helps and closes down the area without evicting the people. Some of the rioters are barras (futbol hooligans) who all respond to the K. Clan.

The K. Clan offers all people there free housing in other parts of BA.

In various places in Gran BA there are people trying to occupy public terrority in the hope they are also getting free housing

This is my view in a nutshell but its developingYou are right and you are wrong. These immigrants are mainly legitimate residents. The government policies may be illogical but their absolute lack of provision for these poor, poor people is reprehensible. In my business I travel throughout these barrios and the poverty is palpable. Forget all about Buenos Aires and the Paris of the Southern Hemisphere. This is a city of about 20 million people, never mind what the government may say and many not on the census, and this group has an unemployment rate of more than 30%, 5% more than the USA had in the Great Depression. The Micro Centre is not Buenos Aires. The Federal Capital has about 2.5 million people and there are 17 or so million in the Province of Buenos Aires that are part of Greater Buenos Aires. So all up 50% of Argentina live in Greater Buenos Aires and there is just no work for the uneducated, many illiterate and unskilled, because there is no industry here. The rural poor of Argentina have been making their way here for 30 years and now the poor of Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay are coming as well. 20% of the Uruguay population lives here, ditto for Paraguay and slightly less for Bolivia. So they are homeless, pennyless, uneducated but desperate to change their circumstances and improve the lot of their children. Argentina offers free education, free health and a modest social support cash payment and they qualify. I know if I was in the same circumstance, I'd be on the next bus. Argentina's policies on immigration are typical of this country with no vision or provision for poorly considered decisions. The Federal and Capital police shemozzle over the eviction is part of this continueing saga of bad policy and even shittier politics. After more than 20 years exposure, all I can do is shake my head in disbelief at their failure to see the consequences of their decisions. Don't have a wash and wear anwer.

Argento

Trampa
12-14-10, 08:36
I never said they are ilegal inmigrants, just that they illegally occupy public spaces. I also said they are 99,9 % Non-Argentine which is probally not true because all children born in Argentina are Argentine by law, most if not all the people there are of imigrant stock.

Even if there is a lack in state policy or the policy is wrong and misguided it does not give you the right to extort the state. The people who suffer are the people who Live closeby and mainly are working to pay for the rent or there homes

By the way a social worker who runs a comunity kitchen in de area saya that 80 procent do have a home but they still go there because they see a oportunity to become a free-loader. They probally sell or rent out there actual property once they recive a new one.

Its clear that this is not a legamite claim but all politics. My guess the k clan is behind it and it went wrong like it also went wrong with Mariano Fereyra and now they are in damage control mode

Trampa
12-14-10, 09:16
He is still a funny guy.

http://www.clarin.com/mundo/Evo_Morales-Villa_Soldati-predios_tomados_0_389361262.html

There are 4 places where people are illegally occupying land, in Barracas and Soldati in Capital and Bernal and La Matanza in provincia. I won't be surprised if there are more then 20 within a week.

The census of the state says that 95% of the people who are living in the parc are living in Villas nearby