PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get an STD from doing this?

RobertKin
01-25-11, 16:09
Just curious as to the likelihood of getting an STD from all of this.

Wild Walleye
01-25-11, 16:17
Just curious as to the likelihood of getting an STD from all of this.There have been a number of threads on similar subjects, although I don't recall any recently, nor do I recall lost of mongers claim to have ever had an STD. The likely route that this discussion will take, ends with the covered vs. Uncovered argument. To which I respond 'to each his own. ' That said, I consider myself to be fortunate to have avoided any and all STDs, my entire life.

El Perro
01-25-11, 16:40
Just curious as to the likelihood of getting an STD from all of this.From all of what?

Gandolf50
01-25-11, 19:28
Over the past 35 years of mongering I've gotten the crabs twice. Not a STD but I guess you could call it a STB? B for bug or bicho.

AllIWantIsLove
01-25-11, 21:16
I know a guy who got crabs (not in BA) and another who got scabies (in BA).

Bob

Gandolf50
01-26-11, 08:02
The truth is the more you play in this game the chances of you catching something become greater. A friend of mine died from a STD and he claimed he always used protection except for BJ's.

Wild Walleye
01-26-11, 13:57
The truth is the more you play in this game the chances of you catching something become greater. A friend of mine died from a STD and he claimed he always used protection except for BJ's.
The truth is the more you play in this game the chances of you catching something become greater. A friend of mine died from a STD and he claimed he always used protection except for BJ's.Sorry to hear about your friend. I am only aware of two potentially fatal STDs (one viral the other bacterial) , neither of which is likely to be transmitted via BBBJ.

You would think that this would be a pretty straight forward risk calculation, but it isn't.

There are only a couple of scenarios where the chances of contracting an STD through sexual activity are the statistical equivalent to zero:

-two disease-free people in a mutually exclusive, monogamous relationship.

-disease-free individual chooses celibacy or is involuntarily celibate.

Once you start dipping your wick outside of the above-mentioned scenarios, your chances 'improve. ' You can't get them from a toilet seat, whacking off or other passive encounters. In order to get an STD, you need two things: first you have to be exposed to one and second, the conditions have to be right for it to be transmitted from the host (hopefully hostess, in this case) to you.

Straight forward variables in the equation that can affect the likelihood of potential exposure include:

- Number of partners

- Selection of the type of partner chosen by you (female, male, IV drug user, etc)

- Selection of the type of partner chosen by your partners (IV drug user, bi-sexual male, donkey, etc)

- Local factors influencing the prevalence or lack of particular STDs in certain locales.

Straight forward variables in the equation that can affect the likelihood of potential transmission include:

- Prophylactic measures taken against transmission (rubbers, praying, etc)

- Proper use of aforementioned prophylaxes.

- Selection of sex acts (I. E. Acts that are more or less likely to result in tearing or perforating mucous membranes or otherwise facilitating infected fluid entering your blood stream)

- Individual resistance or susceptibility to disease (weakened immune system, open cuts, lesions, sores, etc)

However, individual behavior is hugely affected by attitudes which may cause counter intuitive results. These "wild card" factors can impact both categories above. Most notably, these biases often leave one without all of the pertinent facts, when deciding whether or not to wrap the Whopper. Preconceived notions about one's partners and the likelihood that a partner is or is not infected:

- "She's a really nice girl, she couldn't have an STD."

- "She's not a pro, therefore she probably doesn't have one"

- 'It's not going to happen to me'

- "I'll just take a look down there and give it a sniff. It all seems good, I'm in the clear."

- "She always uses rubbers with other guys and only does BB with me."

Other 'wild cards' include:

- Protection failure (I. E. The rubber breaks)

- The little head does the thinking.

- Poor decision making under the influence of drugs and / or alcohol

- Accidents

One might think that having intercourse with a professional sex-worker if more risky than with a civilian. The reasoning seems logical: due to having lots of partners, one would expect the sex workers would have a higher incidence of infection than the sexually-active, general public, due to the increased likelihood of exposure to an infected partner. However, I don't know if that is in fact the case. Consider that in many cases, sex-workers are far better practitioners of safe sex than civilians which would lower the probability of transmission. Does the decreased probability of transmission make up for the higher likelihood of exposure? I don't know (and don't feel like doing the research).

Interestingly, of all of my friends who have had STD's, almost everyone of them got it from a civilian (I. E. Not a pro).

Also, the relevance of the above factors varies enormously between run-of-the-mill STDs and HIV. For example you can almost completely eliminate your chances of contracting HIV, via sex, if you don't have sex with men or IV drug users.

At the end of the day, I think that for most the big issue isn't so much the inconvenience, discomfort and stigma that comes with a run-of-the-mill STD, rather it is the potential disruption of one's life if one's significant other either finds out you have an STD or worse, gets it from you (in which case she will likely find out that you have one).

Schmoj
01-26-11, 21:09
The truth is the more you play in this game the chances of you catching something become greater. A friend of mine died from a STD and he claimed he always used protection except for BJ's.Just curious which STD? Some of the more frightful STDs are also transmitted through needles, blood transfusions, etc.

I have a very hetero friend who has been HIV positive for years. No blood transfusions, no needles. But lots of unprotected straight sex. Also have two siblings who have Hep C. Definitely due to IV drug use.

Then we have the disease free anecdotes mentioned in this thread. Condoms break and people lie, but I guess in the end it just depends on if your number is up. Plenty of disease free people get hit by buses.

AllIWantIsLove
01-27-11, 00:26
Also, the relevance of the above factors varies enormously between run-of-the-mill STDs and HIV. For example you can almost completely eliminate your chances of contracting HIV, via sex, if you don't have sex with men or IV drug users.I get the impression that while that is true in the US it is not true in Africa. Why would it vary between the two continents? Is South America more like the US or more like Africa?

Bob

Big Travel Guy
01-27-11, 01:15
Sorry to hear about your friend. I am only aware of two potentially fatal STDs (one viral the other bacterial) , neither of which is likely to be transmitted via BBBJ.You know, when a lot of people post with an apparently serious question about disease or discomfort, they get a lot of flaming, discourteous responses. I really appreciate you taking time to answer this with a serious, thoughtful response.

I appreciate all of your posts on everything, WW, over the years, by the way.

Gandolf50
01-27-11, 08:44
The disease my friend caught might not be considered a STD. I don't remember the name because it was something extremely rare. It took the doctors months to fiqure it out. He assumed he caught it from BBBJ's. For all I know he caught it from kissing one the "ladies". We both assumed he caught it in Thailand. But in reality who knows? I do know that HIV and other diseases are rampant in Thailand.

Rev BS
01-27-11, 23:33
A big danger moment in mongering, is when too often, the girl relaxes and enjoys / wants to enjoy sex with you, that she will decide that she will forgo the use of protection voluntarily. It has happen far too many times and I am quite sure many of you have similar experiences. The fear of HIV has weaken over the years and many of us have gotten quite blase about this.

Time to stiffen up! I mean your resolve to stay healthy.

Zephyr
01-28-11, 03:43
Just curious as to the likelihood of getting an STD from all of this.I got Chlamydia going down on a pro, I got checked out and took the pills right away. What a * I called to inform her that she should go to the doctor and she got pissed at me, screaming and making accusations. Timing was such that I knew it was her.

Wild Walleye
01-31-11, 15:06
Gandolf: was it Bechet's Disease (aka Silk Road)?

General HIV stats:

The CDC says that 73% of Americans with HIV are men who acquired the disease via gay sex ( 50%) , hetero sex (30%) and IV drug use (10%). I didn't see information regarding how many of the 30, who contracted it via hetero sex, were lying. In 2008, there were approximately 8, 963 new, female, HIV infections, attributed to high-risk heterosexual activities. New, male HIV infections attributed to high-risk heterosexual activities were 4, 677.

AllIwant:

One scholarly article that I read stated that 95% of new HIV infections occur in developing nations. I assume that much of this is due to lack of access to fact-based education, condoms and medicine, such as antiretroviral drugs. Furthermore, in many of these places (particularly Africa) , large portions of the populace are poorly educated (on all subjects) and have been misguided and exploited on this subject, which contributes to the spread of the disease. Since HIV / Aids came from Africa (most likely a mutation of SIV) , it is likely that it has been in the bloodstream of the populace there, and spreading, longer than other places. Therefore, one would expect higher rates of mother-to-child transmissions.

I understand that the number of infected people is higher in Africa but, I am not sure why the rate of HIV transmission via heterosexual activity would be higher in Africa than say Western Europe and the US. That is to say, while there are likely more infected people that are fucking, I don't know of any reason why sex acts in Africa would be more likely to result in seroconversion.

I would guess that the greater rate of infection has a lot to do with the number of infected men having unprotected sex and other behavioral practices rather than genetic predisposition to infection (I. E. Native American susceptibility to diseases transmitted from Europeans). In both Africa and the rest of the world, some things are static: male circumcision has been shown to reduce the risk of HIV transmission while IV drug use and sex with men seems to increase one's risk profile.

The legend of SIV-to-HIV-to-AIDS travels along the Kinshasa Highway from the remote jungles to the rest of the world. SIV started with simians (Esten, that means monkeys) and mutated into something that could infect humans. It spread to humans as they were exposed to infected monkey blood (eating buffalo monkey wings is so messy!) including truckers who evidently passed it on to prostitutes along the Kinshasa Highway and the rest is history (sort of).

The materials one can read on the subject make claims ranging from one extreme to the other. One study I looked at stated that only 25-29% of infected women and 30-35% of infected men, were infected through sexual transmission. That would leave a vast majority of cases transmitted by something other than sex. While I would certainly expect significant mother-to-child transmission and a greater occurrence of nosocomial infection, I find it hard to believe that sexual transmission accounts for only a minority of infections. Other reports have heterosexual activity as the transmission route for 80% or more of infections.

I would guess that somewhere in between, lies the truth. While wrapping the Whopper ought to protect hetero men, I might stick to jacking off, while in sub-saharan Africa.

BTG: Thanks. I think that this type of discussion is helpful. Like any activity, it helps to understand your likelihood of getting hurt.

TejanoLibre
04-04-11, 20:59
Gandolf: was it Bechet's Disease (aka Silk Road)?General HIV stats:

The CDC says that 73% of Americans with HIV are men who acquired the disease via gay sex (50%) , hetero sex (30%) and IV drug use (10%). I didn't see information regarding how many of the 30, who contracted it via hetero sex, were lying. In 2008, there were approximately 8,963 new, female, HIV infections, attributed to high-risk heterosexual activities. New, male HIV infections attributed to high-risk heterosexual activities were 4,677.

Anyway, It's like this when it comes to Homosexuals :

Half of them are born that way and the other half are sort of Sucked into it!

TL

Jackson
04-05-11, 22:09
Greetings Everyone,

I recently cleaned up this thread by deleting a repeated, unsubstantiated STD allegation, as well as a number responses made by other forum members to these deleted posts.

I do not allow unsubstantiated STD allegations in any of my forums, largely because a disappointingly large number of these types of accusations are posted by former / current customers or boyfriends in an attempt to embarrass the target of said allegations.

FYI, the standard for substantiating an STD allegation is a link to an online arrest report with that includes the results of a government-sponsored STD test. Swearing on a stack of bibles in a public forum that the allegations are true does NOT qualify under this standard.

This cleanup process is not perfect, and it's possible that I may have inadvertently deleted a few otherwise legitimate posts. If you find that your own report was also deleted, please don't take it personally.

Thanks,

Jackson

AllIWantIsLove
04-06-11, 12:59
I hesitate to post this because I am not sure what specific conclusion to draw from it. But since there is some information here and since some information is better than no information I am making this post.

What I gather is that there is statistical evidence associating oral sex with oral cancer. And I think that I will have a frank discussion with my MD during my next visit about whether I should get the HPV vaccine.

There's this popular press article: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1619814,00.html

And this article in the New England Journal of Medicine (for those who have the statistical chops to understand it) :

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa065497

Bob