PDA

View Full Version : Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer, dead, Osamo Bin Laden, dead

Master J
05-02-11, 01:57
Quite a weekend for the glorious USA. Finally got this mu*fker. I was in New York about two week ago and was down where they are rebuilding at the wtc. There was an oh so eerie feeling as I stood there and recounted the horrific events that took place and all the sadness and sorrow brought to innocent Americans.

Not sure what to make of Libya as they got Momar's son and 3 grandchildren also over the weekends. I feel the emotions of that. WTF is going on in this world.

Used to be in 2003 you could just mosey down to BA and for 100 pesos relax and chill while the world was at a slow rotation. I would spend 5 strait day with my hot beautiful girl in bed, dinners, trip and nothing would matter not a care in the world.

This will certainly stir something up, no? What effect on expats living in BA?

I know the board is about getting laid, but if we can write about parillas and pizza in Palermo then this belongs.

Wild Walleye
05-02-11, 17:24
Quite a weekend for the glorious USA. Finally got this mu*fker. I was in New York about two week ago and was down where they are rebuilding at the wtc. There was an oh so eerie feeling as I stood there and recounted the horrific events that took place and all the sadness and sorrow brought to innocent Americans.

Not sure what to make of Libya as they got Momar's son and 3 grandchildren also over the weekends. I feel the emotions of that. WTF is going on in this world.

Used to be in 2003 you could just mosey down to BA and for 100 pesos relax and chill while the world was at a slow rotation. I would spend 5 strait day with my hot beautiful girl in bed, dinners, trip and nothing would matter not a care in the world.

This will certainly stir something up, no? What effect on expats living in BA?

I know the board is about getting laid, but if we can write about parillas and pizza in Palermo then this belongs. I think that the State Dept came out with a worldwide travel advisory regarding possible retributive actions stemming from the extermination of some subhuman pests in Pakistan. I would expect that for 99% of US citizens abroad there is no danger. As for who the 1% that might potentially be in danger, I suspect that it is a guessing game.

Smart and savvy American travelers have been more aware for a long time now. They are pretty much on their own as far as exercising prudence and trying to avoid potential trouble spots. If the State Department tells us where the treat is, that will be the day after the attack happens. That said, it is a complete guessing game as to where something might happen. I would suspect that any attack would be based on the relative ease of pulling it off. Therefore, downtown London might not be on the short list while areas known to be lax on security might move up the list. Also, an attack would likely be aimed at groups of Americans therefore, known locations where large numbers of expats congregate might be more likely than say the local mosque.

I would think that Argentina is far enough off the beaten track to be an area of concern. However, that was the conventional wisdom when the AMIA attack occurred. There are lots of lovely American expats in Bs As and I suspect that there might be a bad guy or two in the area, particularly given the known issues surrounding the tri-border region and terrorism.