PDA

View Full Version : Weather and apartment area locations

Shadowsme8
05-30-11, 21:45
Sorry Jackson sawmy error and should had started my own thread, so pasted my other report here, a.

Typical ba weather

Gents.

Planning my first trip to BA for 2012, and I have been following the monthly weather pattern for the time of year I want to come and was surprised that I was seeing the low's for the months of April and May dipping into the low 50's and even high 40's is this normal?

I always travel in low season which begins in BA in May correct?

For the long timers is the month of April typically warmer then May?

I know weather changes year to year but for people that have lived in BA for 5 years or more can you give me a idea?

I have gleaned excellent area and apartment info from this site, with my choice of apartment rental area being in the Recoleta area closest to the Av Pueyrredon and Palermo area.

High floors to escape the traffic and newer aparments to hopefully eliminate broken down equipment

My other questions

1) how important is a 24/7 doormen in BA? (I've rented condo's both with and without)

2) Since I enjoy walking for exercise the Palermo area no further then Soho would have more parks and it appears better balcony views is this correct?

3) After looking at numerous rental sites and prices it would seem that I could expect to spend for a comfortable 1 bedroom condo for a month with the perks (wifi, full kitchen, satellite TV, nice furnishings) somewhere between $1500. 00. $2500. 00, which I am ok with is this pretty accurate?

And yes I have looked at some sites that members have aparmtents but they all seem to be on lower floors, facing the street.

I appreciate anyone who could furnish any helpful information.

Thanks

Shadowsme8

Easy Go
05-31-11, 04:58
Sounds right for the weather. Early April is going to be warmer than late May. I like March and October but it all depends on your personal preference. If you view winter lows dipping into the 40's with alarm, February and November might be a better choice for you. December-February can be brutally hot and humid.

I've never seen much of a low season when it comes to renting apartments in BA. Places in the vacation areas outside of BA are significantly more expensive for Dec-Feb. To TL's point, the girls are much more fun to watch when the weather is warm. They break out the heavy coats and hats early.

A doorman is nice although it's not a big consideration for me.

If you want a quiet apartment, get one that faces the inside rather the street. Going high doesn't really reduce the traffic noise. Unless you get an apartment right on a park, the view is most likely to be of other apartments or the rooftops. It's going to be more particular to the specific apartment than the area. If you like to walk, know where you are going as an area can turn dodgy quickly. Palermo is a huge part of BA with a mix of nice and not so nice areas so you have to be more aware of specific locations than in Recoleta.

$1500-2500 will get you a nice place. I rented this unit one trip and it's currently $1200 for a month. As I recall, it was new and quiet but small like most city apartments.

http://www.argentinahomes.com/properties/?id_prop=11833

Don't forget that almost all the short-term rentals will require a large cash security deposit. In this case, for a month rental, a deposit equal to 70% of the rental is required. One of the advantages of renting from Jackson or Roxana.

Shadowsme8
05-31-11, 18:59
Sounds right for the weather. Early April is going to be warmer than late May. I like March and October but it all depends on your personal preference. If you view winter lows dipping into the 40's with alarm, February and November might be a better choice for you. December-February can be brutally hot and humid.

I've never seen much of a low season when it comes to renting apartments in BA. Places in the vacation areas outside of BA are significantly more expensive for Dec-Feb. To TL's point, the girls are much more fun to watch when the weather is warm. They break out the heavy coats and hats early.

A doorman is nice although it's not a big consideration for me.

If you want a quiet apartment, get one that faces the inside rather the street. Going high doesn't really reduce the traffic noise. Unless you get an apartment right on a park, the view is most likely to be of other apartments or the rooftops. It's going to be more particular to the specific apartment than the area. If you like to walk, know where you are going as an area can turn dodgy quickly. Palermo is a huge part of BA with a mix of nice and not so nice areas so you have to be more aware of specific locations than in Recoleta.

$1500-2500 will get you a nice place. I rented this unit one trip and it's currently $1200 for a month. As I recall, it was new and quiet but small like most city apartments.

http://www.argentinahomes.com/properties/?id_prop=11833

Don't forget that almost all the short-term rentals will require a large cash security deposit. In this case, for a month rental, a deposit equal to 70% of the rental is required. One of the advantages of renting from Jackson or Roxana. EG.

Thanks for the info.

This will be my first trip not only to BA, but to a destination that is not centered around a beach.

Been to Brazil, Colombia many times and thought I would do BA for my 50th birthday.

I'm looking at newer apartment units, with double paned windows they say for keeping some of the noise out, I always read all the reviews that come with the ads, and really pay attention to the ones by older couples that said they enjoyed the condo's for their location, safety and being quiet.

The pic's seem pretty accurate, and as you say most are looking into other people's apartment's, but in Palermo, I've seen more park settings, that is unless I want one in Recoleta over looking the famous grave yard, that wouldn't bother me, but I wonder about tour buses or lots of people making noise

As for the area's I'll line up a tour guide to show me the good and the bad, I want to do a day trip to Uraguay also

The deposit I have already budgeted in, I stay top end condo's, because I like to cook and entertain in the place I stay.

As TL mentioned Palermo isn't good for the chica's but as I have read on this board, they're not too hard to find.

So thanks again for the insight

SH8