PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Pellegrini and Cordoba "BAR" BUYER BEWARE

Gringucho
07-04-11, 21:51
Please watch out for thIs "Bar". I was casually meanderin' And mongerin' about town when I caught a young ho's eye. Well I wish I didn't, this chick told me if "I was interested" in a "drink card" where I could come back later to their locale and get a 2x1. Well I was only hoping for the card as I had to be well on my way to meet some friends. They try to get me to sit down and I said "no estoy bien asi parado, solo vine por la tarjeta para venir mas tarde". Basically "I knew something was up and wanted to leave quick. Then a guy comes out brings an Orange Juice in a fancy tapered glass and I tell him no I'm not staying in Spanish. Well then this chick never comes back with the card and they're trying to make me pay for what was a trap to begin with. Well they make me open my pockets and I was like no I don't have a wallet (billetera). Well it got to the point I knew I had to argue my way out. Porteņo security guy or "grandulon" fat apache lookin motherfucker tried to block my exit. It came down to me and him, cold clocked this guy twice and ran out of there. The whole time I'm arguing with this guy he said "why este venezolano como que se cree porteņo" (saying that they basically fuck foreigners over) and I just told him no lo soy pero no soy huevon" (no but I'm not a fuckin idiot either) and just stepped to him and let him have it. I told the girl that she was a fuckin idiot. Let's face it she could be making a lot more sellin that clamburger than trying to unsuccessfully take money from people like me. FUCK THIS PLACE AND PORTEŅOS LIKE THESE MOTHERFUCKERS.

P. S. Note to self, wear headphones every where in BsAs and no inventing new ideas when on a mission to get somewhere.

Butcher2
07-04-11, 22:14
Please watch out for thIs "Bar". I was casually meanderin' And mongerin' about town when I caught a young ho's eye. Well I wish I didn't, this chick told me if "I was interested" in a "drink card" where I could come back later to their locale and get a 2x1. Well I was only hoping for the card as I had to be well on my way to meet some friends. They try to get me to sit down and I said "no estoy bien asi parado, solo vine por la tarjeta para venir mas tarde". Basically "I knew something was up and wanted to leave quick. Then a guy comes out brings an Orange Juice in a fancy tapered glass and I tell him no I'm not staying in Spanish. Well then this chick never comes back with the card and they're trying to make me pay for what was a trap to begin with. Well they make me open my pockets and I was like no I don't have a wallet (billetera). Well it got to the point I knew I had to argue my way out. Porteņo security guy or "grandulon" fat apache lookin motherfucker tried to block my exit. It came down to me and him, cold clocked this guy twice and ran out of there. The whole time I'm arguing with this guy he said "why este venezolano como que se cree porteņo" (saying that they basically fuck foreigners over) and I just told him no lo soy pero no soy huevon" (no but I'm not a fuckin idiot either) and just stepped to him and let him have it. I told the girl that she was a fuckin idiot. Let's face it she could be making a lot more sellin that clamburger than trying to unsuccessfully take money from people like me. FUCK THIS PLACE AND PORTEŅOS LIKE THESE MOTHERFUCKERS.

P. S. Note to self, wear headphones every where in BsAs and no inventing new ideas when on a mission to get somewhere.Where is the bar exactly located?

Are you talking about Madelaine? Just in the corner?

El Perro
07-05-11, 12:13
The "bar" in question is on Pellegrini, between Cordoba and Paraguay. A noted clip joint that has been in operation for years, and posted about on AP. Definitely not Madelaines, though if their coffee gets much more expensive they'll qualify as a clip joint as well.

Skittenbrever
10-02-11, 22:53
It happened to me on Suipha street (off 9 June Ave.) , I had the sense not to go in. Also at Tucman street near Calle Florida, which was a hole of a bar up a flight of stairs. Same trick, offer of a discount card for the evening, plus need to stamp card, but you needed to enter the bar and sit down at a table so the lady could explain you the 'rules'. I could already picture a drink arriving at the table with a large price tag! I stopped at the entrance, refused to go in, they could stamp the card for me themselves and give it to me at the entrance I said. But they insisted I come in!

Watch out. These are classic scams. Organized by the local criminals!