PDA

View Full Version : Global Quality of Life Index

TejanoLibre
07-10-11, 22:30
Global Quality of Life Index.

Surprising to see where Argentina is ranked.

http://www1.internationalliving.com/qofl2011/

Had they factored in the Chica quality and Mongering possibilities they would have ranked Argentina closer to the top and WAY above the USA!

TL

Rock Harders
07-10-11, 23:31
Mongers-

I don't know where, when, or how "international living" determined these scores, but they seem to be a crock of shit at least in rating the US economy as 100 and the economies of Germany and Australia at 65 and 66, respectively. If these scores were determined in the year 2000 this was certainly the case but this cannot possibly be accurate in 2011. Also, how could anyone with half a brain rate the US infrastructure at 100 and Germany's at 70? Does Germany not have top highways, high speed rail systems, cutting edge telecommunications system, etc?

Suerte,

Rock Harders

TejanoLibre
07-11-11, 00:57
Mongers-

I don't know where, when, or how "international living" determined these scores, but they seem to be a crock of shit at least in rating the US economy as 100 and the economies of Germany and Australia at 65 and 66, respectively. If these scores were determined in the year 2000 this was certainly the case but this cannot possibly be accurate in 2011. Also, how could anyone with half a brain rate the US infrastructure at 100 and Germany's at 70? Does Germany not have top highways, high speed rail systems, cutting edge telecommunications system, etc?

Suerte,

Rock HardersThe US economy is FUCKED and Germany will Rule Europe like before!

You can eat off of the streets in Germany and their rapid transit systems are the best in the world.

The language is a ***** though!

But a lot of them speak English!

And they have the FKK clubs!

The "Autoban" was created to mobilize tanks all over Germany in very little time but they serve us to haul ass at 200 m. P. H in a fucking Lamborghini if you can float it!

Got to love those mofos!

I don't prefer "Blondes" because I am not a gentleman but you have to hand it to that funny little paper hanger!

He had a vision!

TL

Matt Psyche
07-11-11, 02:22
I noticed that the measurement does not include education and income level (or GDP per capita). Fun to look at it though.

Global Quality of Life Index.

Surprising to see where Argentina is ranked.

http://www1.internationalliving.com/qofl2011/

Had they factored in the Chica quality and Mongering possibilities they would have ranked Argentina closer to the top and WAY above the USA!

TL

Dccpa
07-11-11, 11:01
I used to subscribe to IL and casually follow their annual reports. IIRC, this 2011 report is vastly different from the previous years. I believe the US would normally rank in the top 10, but not #1 and no country had such a large lead at #1. They were always recommending Panama and now it is way down the list. Either I am remembering another one of their reports or IL has had a change in management.

Wild Walleye
07-11-11, 14:54
I used to subscribe to IL and casually follow their annual reports. IIRC, this 2011 report is vastly different from the previous years. I believe the US would normally rank in the top 10, but not #1 and no country had such a large lead at #1. They were always recommending Panama and now it is way down the list. Either I am remembering another one of their reports or IL has had a change in management.However, the management change in question is not at IL it was in the White House. Just like his Nobel Prize, IL is trying to heap additional praise on the man in the WH.

Given the strength of the economy during the middle of GWB's tenure, low unemployment and relative wealth of the nation, the US economy ranked an 92 and 89 for 2007 and 2008, respectively. I am not certain how one could rank it today better than '07-08.

What is really funny is to see the absolute deterioration of our environment, under Obama. Apparently, his policies have led us from a 72 when he took over for Bush to a 51. Will nothing stop his destructive rule?

Butcher2
07-13-11, 20:49
I guess that anyone could make a list like this.

Dccpa
07-14-11, 11:16
WW, Kathleen Peddicord (sp?) , was the IL editor and publisher for over 22 years. Now she is the publisher of Live and Invest Overseas. So, I am guessing that a change of editors at IL probably changed how the quality of life criteria are calculated.