PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a guitar

Wild Walleye
07-18-11, 03:05
Despite what some on this board may say, I have a creative side.

Along those lines, I'd like to find a guitar to purchase and keep in Bs As, so that I have something to play while I am in Bs As.

I'd like to find a Gibson solid body electric ('cause that is what I primarily play) , but will look at anything. The condition of the guitar (new to old) is not important as I am looking for something to play rather than something for gigs or recording.

If you have something or know someone who does, shoot me a pm.

Thanks.

Kevins
07-18-11, 15:49
http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/guitarras-electricas-gibson/gibson

Wild Walleye
07-20-11, 15:40
http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/guitarras-electricas-gibson/gibsonThe guitars on that site are all much more expensive than the same guitars in the USA, which is not unexpected. They are built in the US, shipped to LatAm and duties must be paid on them. That is why I'm looking for something quite used that someone might have stuck in a closet and forgotten about. I know a guy in another LatAm locale who picked up a nice 40 yr old guitar that was beat to heck but is still a great player (I. E. A great guitar to play while not being much to look at).

However, I could bring a couple of my current guitars to Bs As and sell them at 150% of US prices to underwrite my trips. If those are the prevailing prices, I figure that I could make US$500-1000 per guitar (for new guitars).

TejanoLibre
07-20-11, 18:27
The guitars on that site are all much more expensive than the same guitars in the USA, which is not unexpected. They are built in the US, shipped to LatAm and duties must be paid on them. That is why I'm looking for something quite used that someone might have stuck in a closet and forgotten about. I know a guy in another LatAm locale who picked up a nice 40 yr old guitar that was beat to heck but is still a great player (I. E. A great guitar to play while not being much to look at).

However, I could bring a couple of my current guitars to Bs As and sell them at 150% of US prices to underwrite my trips. If those are the prevailing prices, I figure that I could make US$500-1000 per guitar (for new guitars).Welcome to Argentina!

Check out :

www.themulepool.com

You can finance your ENTIRE trip to BA!

Bring a guitar, Ipod, camera, laptop, Iphone and Syphilis!

TL

Thomaso276
07-20-11, 23:32
Walleye, I sent you a pm but no answer, maybe you could just advise how much you are willing to spend?