PDA

View Full Version : The Mule Pool.

TejanoLibre
07-20-11, 18:33
Check out :

www.themulepool.com

You boys can finance your entire trip to BA!

It can pay for your apt. , food, drinks, chicas and bribes!

You'd have to fill-up your suitcase with Iphones and Ipads to make it worth while though .

Then again if you are going to be here awhile you can sell the crap on Mercadolibre and generate even more cash.

Worth checking out for some of you I guess.

TL

Zambi17
07-20-11, 20:56
Beware of the Mule Pool boys, I brought a kindle down with me for a buyer. I was supposed to meet the group running the project at a bar in las canitas last night. I went with my merchandise in a Coto bag clutched tightly through the buenos aires night. When I got there none of the group was there on their regularly scheduled night nor was the buyer there. The American proprietor of the bar was there and said he hadn"t seen them. Stayed an hour and left. The buyer emailed and said he would meet me tonight. Fortunately, a kindle is not that expensive and I want it if the buyer doesn't show. I would be pissed if I had spent $1,500.00 for an imac for some clown who never shows.

There are better ways to peddle your electronics I'm sure.

TejanoLibre
07-20-11, 21:13
Beware of the Mule Pool boys, I brought a kindle down with me for a buyer. I was supposed to meet the group running the project at a bar in las canitas last night. I wentw with my merchandise in a Coto bag clutched tightly through the buenos aires night. When I got there none of the group was there on their regularly scheduled night nor was the buyer there. The American proprietor of the bar was there and said he hadn"t seen them. Stayed an hour and left. The buyer emailed and said he would meet me tonight. Fortunately, a kindle is not that expensive and I want it if the buyer doesn't show. I would be pissed if I had spent $1, 500. 00 for an imac for some clown who never shows.

There are better ways to peddle your electronics I'm sure.Thanks but I thought that the transaction only takes place after the buyer has deposited the money in The Mule Pool's account or something like that.

I have never done it but it sounds interesting.

Of course if an Argie is part of the deal there is ALWAYS the potential to get ROBBED, Killed, Kidnapped, Maimed or just plain ripped off!

They can't help it; it's in their nature!

TL

Meforu 2000
07-20-11, 21:49
What i take down every time I go which is every 2 to 3 months is cosmetics, laptops, cameras and I pods

Since I'm olny in ba for 3 to 4 days at a time , it pays my stay. I have a steady buyer for the things I take, works out good

Any body need anything? I'll be there in August in a couple of weeks.

Zambi17
07-20-11, 22:39
Tijuana you are right the buyer posts money through the mule pool through paypal and they hold the money and tell you they have it. However, if you do not connect with the.

Buyer you are stuck with the merchandise. You can't lose both the merchandise and not get money, or so the system is supposed to work. The Mule Pool is run by.

American expats but what if they fail to send you the money to your paypal account. I'm supposed to meet the cocksucker buyer at El Alamo tonight. Will post the.

Results.

Zambi17
07-20-11, 22:46
I went to El Alamo but had forgot that this is Dia Del Amigo and young Argentinos were out the door. Waited outside the bar and my buyer appeared. Went to nearby McDonalds and completed the transaction by entering codes on the website. The Mule Pool has been recommended on various expat websites like ba expats and yanquimike. We'll see if they follow through. I did make the young cocksucker fork over 50 pesos extra.

Zambi17
07-21-11, 19:34
Just wanted to let those who are interested know that my mule pool transaction concluded last night, and the group deposited the agreed amount into my.

Paypal account today

TejanoLibre
07-21-11, 20:47
Just wanted to let those who are interested know that my mule pool transaction concluded last night, and the group deposited the agreed amount into my.

Paypal account todayCan you see filling a suitcase with requested items and actually picking up a few grand for the airfare and hotel or apt. Stay while your here?

Or would that be too much trouble and hasssle for what it's worth?

Thanks,

TL

Meforu 2000
07-21-11, 22:18
I don't think you can make a few grand taking things TL

Zambi17
07-21-11, 23:15
TL it probably wouldn't work for that. The buyers on mule pool post what they will pay as a premium, usually $50 to $100 over the US price. You can negotiate more.

But you would have to bring in a load of new stuff that may well attract the attention of customs, say 10 new ipads and 5 mac laptops, to make a grand or more.

Dickhead
07-21-11, 23:43
It used to be that providing brokerage services was necessary and profitable. That began to go away with the advent of mass communication and is now virtually obsolete. Transparent markets provide their own liquidity, so this type of end run around customs duties can only exist on a small or unitary scale. It's not a career move.

TejanoLibre
07-21-11, 23:51
TL it probably wouldn't work for that. The buyers on mule pool post what they will pay as a premium, usually $50 to $100 over the US price. You can negotiate more.

But you would have to bring in a load of new stuff that may well attract the attention of customs, say 10 new ipads and 5 mac laptops, to make a grand or more.Too much trouble!

You can make about a grand per new, unblocked IPhone If you sell it on mercadolibre I think.

I heard that customs does not search tourist very often.

This thread is for guys that come down here often and would like to lower the cost of having fun.

I do not travel back and forth for now.

TL

Zambi17
07-22-11, 00:15
TL, my last comments were aimed specifically at the mule pool setup. You can't make much through them. As for customs, the first three times I came here in 2006-

2007 I was waived through customs just by flashing my US passport, but I have a authoritative face (many generations of school teachers). Three trips since 2008.

All bags were x-rayed, guess my authoritative face doesn't work anymore. Don't know if many bags are physically opened and searched with bored argentine civil.

Servants working the machines.

Lorenzo
07-22-11, 01:56
Don't you think Argentinian LE is reading that mule pool website and preparing stings? Do you want to spend your vacation in an Argentinian slammer? I think I'll pass.

Easy Go
07-22-11, 06:18
I doubt you'd get arrested as long as you can pay the duty of 50%+ on everything that they decide isn't personal use. New consumer electronics in original packaging is going to get red-flagged if they spot it on the x-ray and five iPads in a bag are likely to be spotted. How do you think the mule pool buyer is going to react when you tell him the iPad he was expecting to cost $700 is actually going to be $1100?

Bringing one or two different items not in original packaging that you can claim as personal use isn't going to be a problem but bringing enough to make any real money isn't going to work. TL is a bit optimistic (it's in his nature) as a 32GB iPhone 4 goes for about $1300-1500 on Mercado Libre and costs $749+tax at the Apple Store so you might make a quick $300-400 if you can line up a reliable buyer.

Meforu 2000
07-22-11, 14:11
I go every 2 months for at least 5 years and I never got serched physicaly, and in my luggage I do bring alot of stuff for my house in chacarita, and stuff people ask me to bring, and I do just bring one of each like laptops, but I pods I do bring 2, and cameras I bring 2 and video camera I bring 1, and buck hunting knifes I have brought a 1/2 dozen and never had to open my luggage. But one time I brought 10 cans of sardines, smoke oysters, viena sausages for a picada when family comes over and for the cans they made me open the luggage and questioned me why I was brigning these items, and gave me a hard time but he let me pass after 5 minutes of his bullshit.

So you never know what trigers the search. Just don't bring to much of electronics.

And you'd be amased on what I bring and never any problems, pancake mix, syrup, electric skillet, blender, food prosseser, line phones, desk top computer. 24" monitor, dvd players, suround sound, electric knifes, tools and alot more stuff to equip a home.

But watch out for the sardines LOL

Mefou

PlayaGato84
12-10-11, 17:32
Boys,

I would think twice about using the Mule Pool.

All the conversations between you and the buyer are monitored and their respoonse time is interminable.

Most of the postings have expired and the "fees" for the mule are trivial.

Suggest using Mercado Libre or a local ex-pat.

I don't trust them.

TejanoLibre
12-10-11, 19:41
I go every 2 months for at least 5 years and I never got serched physicaly, and in my luggage I do bring alot of stuff for my house in chacarita, and stuff people ask me to bring, and I do just bring one of each like laptops, but I pods I do bring 2, and cameras I bring 2 and video camera I bring 1, and buck hunting knifes I have brought a 1/2 dozen and never had to open my luggage. But one time I brought 10 cans of sardines, smoke oysters, viena sausages for a picada when family comes over and for the cans they made me open the luggage and questioned me why I was brigning these items, and gave me a hard time but he let me pass after 5 minutes of his bullshit.

So you never know what trigers the search. Just don't bring to much of electronics.

And you'd be amased on what I bring and never any problems, pancake mix, syrup, electric skillet, blender, food prosseser, line phones, desk top computer. 24" monitor, dvd players, suround sound, electric knifes, tools and alot more stuff to equip a home.

But watch out for the sardines LOL

MefouSomeone just brought me a 32inch Sony Smart TV in the original box with Sony written all over it!

No questions asked!

It was a Saturday morning, busy and my friend is an American and an obvious tourist.

Damn, I should have asked for an 80inch!

TL.

PS- It is multi-system world-wide smart tv, smarter than I am!