PDA

View Full Version : Airlines questions / FNG introdution,

Deuce Ana Half
08-03-11, 00:33
Hope all is well in BA, (you lucky dogs,)

I have tried to do my homework, read boards for last 2 or 3 days, however I'm sure somebody's going to call me a lazy ass because it was posted somewhere before, and then harp on me cause I'm asking something that is off topic, so sorry, ok well not really, F*K you, if you can't see your way to answer the questioned & help out the brethren. Honestly, if you follow the forum every day you know what's on here, but as a FNG (newbee) , it easy to accidentally ask a question that's been asked, answered, beaten, diecected, and discarded. But I do promise I will not ask if there is any good pussy in BA, or where to come across some of the aforementioned, VA-Jay-Jay, jajajajja.

I'm an ex pat want to be, lost my entire portfolio in the housing market crash of 08'. Know a bit about travel, spent some time on TDY's, personaly financed time in Caribbean, (researching economic citizenship) , Mexico, (pursuing citizenship to get involved in Cuba) etc. Basically trying to land on something to make an excuse to not be in the US. Now I have a trade show in BA and want to figure how to get in there, on some savings, (less money to TWA, more flash for the chicas, jajaja) I have some things to check into T&T and would like to come out of the Caribbean into BA, and not blow 1K on airfare, someone knows the inside story, e. G. Take a farry to Montevideo, and hop a flight to XYZ. Thats the intel I'm looking for.

Once in BA hope to hook up with some ex-pats, and locals, spend a month and try to get a insiders take of the place / examine some of the markets and economies I'm interested in from a man in the streets perspective.

Miami Bob
08-03-11, 04:56
Well my friend these are the more obvious choices:

Mexicana from Mexico city.

Taca from Panama city.

Consolidator carbonne miami to brazil to ba us$599+ taxes 1800 Argentina http://www.carbone-travel.com/english/index.html

Lloyds aerolinas bolivianas via las paz bolivia.

Lan Peru-get on the locale and change planes a number of times.

Discount line to Bogota, then avianca to ba.

Cheap flites through Caracas

Miami Bob
08-16-11, 20:58
A little intel can help when booking and seeking upgrades with miles: American will permit you as an advantage member to purchase and upgrade at the same time. This depends on "load factors" The crew told me that this has not been uncommon recently. That means US$4000 seat r/t might beavailable with zero risk of not being upgraded for about $1,800 to $2,000. These are $4,000+ seats[coach cheapie price + $350 each way+ 25,000 miles each way] and you are getting 2.66 cents per mile assumimg the r/t value is $4,000. r/t business--it likely is worth more. this good back for the mileage buck, who wants coach for a 10.5 hour flite if there is a cost effective alternative.

Taxi Ezeiza-my preferred mode from the airport when I have too much stuff to easily move myself. I was carrying a very large number of boxes of non-latex condom for a young lady with a slight latex discomfort problem; work files; electronic necessities and likely some unnecessary stuff.

$150 pesos from the airport to recoleta. If I was coming with only carry-on I wouldn't pay the premium. If I am dependent on the driver to help or be in control of my bags, I'd rather pay us$5 more and have a service that is 99% trustable. distacher has my name and destination and most of the driver are long term employees and good men. fred from silver star is 100% dependable and has nicer car and room for more people and things--speaking native usa english never hurts. cost benefit keeps me with taxi ezeiza