PDA

View Full Version : How to Get to Ezezia from Buenos Aires

Sixtimesten2
08-28-11, 03:26
What are the best methods for traveling from Buenos Aires (Microcentro) to the Ezezia airport? For example, I've heard that I could simply hail a cab in the street, but others have suggested against that, since some drivers won't want to drive that distance. Also, is there an average price I should expect to pay for this ride? Thanks

Jackson
08-28-11, 04:10
http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?3727-Airport-Taxi-Services

Gandolf50
08-28-11, 07:10
By bus around $45p as of a few months ago.

www.tiendaleon.com.ar

In english and spanish. Limited stops and comfortable.

Or the #8 bus. $1.75. Takes forever and its like traveling in a cattle car.

Cowpie
08-28-11, 14:40

www.tiendaleon.com.ar

In english and spanish. Limited stops and comfortable.

Or the #8 bus. $1. 75. Takes forever and its like traveling in a cattle car.I've used the bus instead of a taxi 3 times in the past 5 years and each time was about 1 hour door to door, no over crowding or stops at all. Save yourself 100 Pesos each way equal to a weeks worth of food from the grocery store or a provido visit.

Maybe my next trip I'll try #8 bus. $1. 75 for comparison purposes.

Silver Star
08-28-11, 14:45
What are the best methods for traveling from Buenos Aires (Microcentro) to the Ezezia airport? For example, I've heard that I could simply hail a cab in the street, but others have suggested against that, since some drivers won't want to drive that distance. Also, is there an average price I should expect to pay for this ride? ThanksYou can also hire a fully licensed and insured private driver, go in a nice luxury car with safe driver, who speaks English.

www.silverstarcar.com

Your best value for a premium ride in English

Cowpie
08-28-11, 15:07
You can also hire a fully licensed and insured private driver, go in a nice luxury car with safe driver, who speaks English.

www.silverstarcar.com

Your best value for a premium ride in EnglishTrue. On my very first visit to BA back 7 years ago I made arraingment with a local driver from the board not silver star and after waiting 2 hrs the person shows up with another customer and no room in the car. I then proced a remis and almost got rip off for 200 pesos 7 years ago. I wandered down the long walk way out side the main doors and a kind old man suggested trying the bus around the corner to the left. I've saved probably 700 pesos over the years.

If your looking for a quick ride maybe Silver Star's right for you, it's probably nice to have an english speaker and a big car.

I personally look for the biggest bang for the buck.

Miami Bob
08-28-11, 17:27
Juan shows 15 minutes before schedualed pickup. Polite conversation in spanish with a little "caveman" english. Did all the heavy listing-I don't travel light. Driver left me with the car to get the cart aand loaded all my luggage. I gave him a ten pesos tip and he said thank you so many times.

Gato Hunter
08-28-11, 17:44
Bob, you don't travel light LOL those bags were heavy! That guy waited 15 mins and looked happy. I am still laughing at the rubber glove story.

Did you get his number? I may use him when I go to Paraguay next week.

Miami Bob
08-28-11, 18:06
When I called for my trip to the airport, I asked for luigi to had taken me from the airport. The receptionist onffirmed and I asked to verify 120 pesos. She told me luigi was 150 pesos. She said he had a large car. I told her send any car for 120 pesos. She started to talk quickly in a harsh voice and hung up the line on me. I called back and got her again and politely asked for the manager. He explained that a request for luigi means a special request for a small 4x4-the arg term for a small sport utility-they charge extra when a 4x4 is requested. I told him thank you for the explanation, please send any car and driver. Juan who showed up was in a larger hatchback for 120 pesos.

Taxi ezezia has a number of larger vehicles including a large citroen and vans that they call kombi's-special requests for larger vehicles may cause the price to varry.

Jackson
08-28-11, 21:53
I use Taxi Ezeiza all the time and have yet to be disappointed.

The day before my departure I use their online form to send them the details, thus avoiding any address or telephone number discrepancies that might result from a telephone reservation. Nevertheless, in the comments section of the form I ask them to call me to confirm their receipt of my reservation.

They always arrive at the pickup 30-60 minutes early, which is always reassuring at that critical time. Of course, they know they're early, and they expect to wait until you're ready to leave, no rush. Some guys worry that they might not wait, but think about it, what else are they going to do, ride back to the airport empty?

Last week the rate TO the airport from Recoleta was $120 ARS. The rate FROM the airport to Recoleta was $150 ARS.

Of course, you can always flag down a taxi on the street and either negotiate a fixed rate to EZE, or simply agree to pay the meter plus tolls, which by my last observation was approximately $120 ARS.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Thanks,

Jackson

WorldTravel69
08-29-11, 02:15
I walked to and from the apartment on Uruguay to get the bus, close to the Retiro train station.

www.tiendaleon.com.ar

In English and Spanish. Limited stops and comfortable.

Or the #8 bus. $1. 75. Takes forever and its like traveling in a cattle car.

Local Lad
09-10-11, 19:41
I use Fred at Silver Star, super reliable, speaks English, checks your flight times, safe, reliable, no nonsense, can assist with knowledge on what's happening / hot / en vogue / clubs / restaurants / etc / and really help make your trip memorable or you could spend 64 cents less and hail a cab! Been there, done that and got the badge, internal flights yes, international, I want certainty!

Member #3320
09-10-11, 19:50
I use Taxi Ezeiza all the time and have yet to be disappointed.

They always arrive at the pickup 30-60 minutes early, which is always reassuring at that critical time.

http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/

Thanks,

JacksonInterestingly I have been very satisfied with Taxi Ezeiza when using them from Airport to city. However when I booked them to pick me up from city to take me to the airport, they never EVER came on time citing traffic jams for being late. This happened to me 3 times. Each time, I had to hail a taxi from the road to take me across while standing on the gate awaiting Taxi Ezeiza taxi to arrive which never did.

TheMan8
09-10-11, 20:09
That's really surprising. In my case, I have used them about 20 times in the last year since I moved here, and every single time they show up 30 minutes early. In terms of price, they are the cheapest taxi option, and they're really good, if you don't mind them calling 30 minutes early!

Interestingly I have been very satisfied with Taxi Ezeiza when using them from Airport to city. However when I booked them to pick me up from city to take me to the airport, they never EVER came on time citing traffic jams for being late. This happened to me 3 times. Each time, I had to hail a taxi from the road to take me across while standing on the gate awaiting Taxi Ezeiza taxi to arrive which never did.

Member #3320
09-10-11, 22:35
That's really surprising. In my case, I have used them about 20 times in the last year since I moved here, and every single time they show up 30 minutes early. In terms of price, they are the cheapest taxi option, and they're really good, if you don't mind them calling 30 minutes early!Maybe I was unlucky.

TheMan8
09-11-11, 02:34
Not that it's a good thing. They start getting antsy waiting so long and want you to come down even before it's time. But better early I guess than have to be stranded and find other options like you had to.

Maybe I was unlucky.

Gato Hunter
09-11-11, 15:01
I tried using them today but they have no availability. Ill just grab a taxi on the street. They do have a 120p special now though.

Miami Bob
09-11-11, 16:55
Taxis paris 4308 0001.

AS taxi 4639 9999.

These are large radio taxi services. I use them to call cabs in town. They will take you to airport for the meter or negociate a flat rate.

My X-portena novia put them is my cel phone as she used to worry that a dishonest taxi driver might do something to me.

So if go to eat at the 1800 club in san telmos[best asado in baires] you don't want to be wandering on the street looking for a taxi. Both these companies when you fist call, put an address and cel # in their computer. If you are in a different apartment, give them the new address. \one one has a record of you and no driver would pull any funny business. At this point I would have the resturante call for me, but it is good to have them in the cel incase.

Member #3320
10-04-11, 19:15
Got Lucky with taxi Ezeiza this time round.

They came 30 minutes early to pick me up from the city to the airport. The driver was extremely polite!

Excellent.