PDA

View Full Version : Smoking ban in BA?

DoubleRTexas
12-02-11, 12:40
I'm coming to BA this month. I saw online there is now a smoking ban in BA. I am a cigar aficianado, and the last time I was in BA you could smoke pretty much anywhere. Would someone please tell me if this is correct.

El Perro
12-02-11, 13:36
I'm coming to BA this month. I saw online there is now a smoking ban in BA. I am a cigar aficianado, and the last time I was in BA you could smoke pretty much anywhere. Would someone please tell me if this is correct.No smoking in restaurants-cigars or cigarettes. Outside of restaurants who have an outside area is ok, though they contemplated banning that as well, and you may find a restaurant here or there that frowns on smoking outside as well. Many boliches however don't abide and you can still light up in a lot of them. Note that cigar smoking may cause a problem every now and then, whereas cigarettes are winked at.

This ain't nothing new. The ban has been in effect for three, maybe four years.

DoubleRTexas
12-02-11, 14:05
No smoking in restaurants-cigars or cigarettes. Outside of restaurants who have an outside area is ok, though they contemplated banning that as well, and you may find a restaurant here or there that frowns on smoking outside as well. Many boliches however don't abide and you can still light up in a lot of them. Note that cigar smoking may cause a problem every now and then, whereas cigarettes are winked at.

This ain't nothing new. The ban has been in effect for three, maybe four years.Thanks Doggboy! Hard to believe the anti-smoking Nazis are making progress in Argentina.

TejanoLibre
12-02-11, 16:56
I'm coming to BA this month. I saw online there is now a smoking ban in BA. I am a cigar aficianado, and the last time I was in BA you could smoke pretty much anywhere. Would someone please tell me if this is correct.You can smoke weed but not cigs or cigars!

It's everywhere!

In the clubs and on the streets!

Crazy man!

TL

DoubleRTexas
12-02-11, 17:43
You can smoke weed but not cigs or cigars!

It's everywhere!

In the clubs and on the streets!

Crazy man!

TLI read on wikipedia. Org under "smoking in Argentina" that a full ban in all public spaces (including bars) was introduced on June 1, 2011. @TL I not have acquired a taste for weed as of yet.

Miami Bob
12-03-11, 14:34
Cigar Eric survives very well w / o smoking stoggies in clubs and restos. This is a city of many out door places. During the summer you may have hot and humid moments, but should not have to detox. If detox and withdrawl is a problem, you might consider nicorette to supplement your normal nicotine delivery system of choice.

BA is like most of the USA in this control of second hand smoke