PDA

View Full Version : In town July 6 to August 6

Zambi17
06-11-12, 20:07
I will be in Buenos Aires between July 6th through August 6th. Will have a new 16 gb wifi I-Pad to sell for 3500 pesos or 780 dollars. I understand the price in Argentina is 3799 pesos if available. Also open to reasonable requests to mule US products.

Spassmusssein
06-11-12, 21:55
I would like to get a folding bicicle "Dahon Mu XL" or "Dahon Mu P8" or (made by his son)"Tern Link P 9" ar at least "Tern Link D 8". In dark colours, if possible.

They are absolutely overpriced her so make me a price if you have the space.

Or...

Levis 501, size 34 32. How much space has your suitcase? 3, 4, 5,...
Ray Ban folding?

Peanut butter for Ramiro and an English Grammar Dictionary as well.

Tell me your price and I give the ok, if reasonable.

Obviously, aside, I will owe you some wine.

SunSeeker
06-12-12, 10:06
Peanut butter for RamiroYeah I have yet to see that anywhere here. And bacon as well. The guy at Disco looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him if he had any "tocino".

Joe 23
06-12-12, 10:34
Yeah I have yet to see that anywhere here. And bacon as well. The guy at Disco looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him if he had any "tocino".Not all supermarkets have bacon. I don't know why.

But you can find it at Jumbo Palermo. Always.

Haole808
06-12-12, 17:13
I can also bring anything in. Getting in June 25th from the states, let me know!.e.

Not all supermarkets have bacon. I don't know why.

But you can find it at Jumbo Palermo. Always.

Kevins
06-13-12, 14:57
Not all supermarkets have bacon. I don't know why.

But you can find it at Jumbo Palermo. Always.Youcan get bqcon (not great but ok) bacon here but its not called tocino.

Tocino is in spain. Here the word is panceta

TejanoLibre
06-13-12, 16:36
Youcan get bqcon (not great but ok) bacon here but its not called tocino.

Tocino is in spain. Here the word is pancetaSun Seeker was also talking about peanut butter which you can find in various stores occasionally.

The Argentine PB is not very good but you can find it at the Health Food Stores.

You are also correct that tocino is the same thing as bacon and it depends on the education level of the person that you ask.

It's widely available in the Chino Markets but super thin and here they never cook it crispy for you in a resto.

They eat it raw.

Boys, this is the first post in almost 2 days!

That's really sad!

I'm holding back because I don't want to Hog the board!

I guess I can drink 25 drinks in 2 hours again and post 10 things in ten minutes!

Promise to avoid that for everyone's benefit!

I will unplug the computer and turn off my phones next time I drink 25 drinks in 2 hours!

Thanks,

TL

SunSeeker
06-13-12, 21:00
Youcan get bqcon (not great but ok) bacon here but its not called tocino.

Tocino is in spain. Here the word is pancetaI've seen that, panceta, but it was 15 pesos for about 4 slices, so I thought it was something different. I'll cook it crisp myself for breakfast if I can find it hehehe.

TejanoLibre
06-13-12, 21:12
I've seen that, panceta, but it was 15 pesos for about 4 slices, so I thought it was something different. I'll cook it crisp myself for breakfast if I can find it hehehe.At the "Delis" and some of the smaller Chino Supermarkets you can ask them to slice it as think as you want and that's the key.

The 4 slivers for $15. 00 pesos sounds about right.

It's over a hundred a kilo I think.

Anyway, be sure and ask for Panceta Ahumada. (smoked bacon)

Panceta Salada is Salt Pork and it's awful!

TL

SunSeeker
06-13-12, 23:01
At the "Delis" and some of the smaller Chino Supermarkets you can ask them to slice it as think as you want and that's the key.

The 4 slivers for $15. 00 pesos sounds about right.

It's over a hundred a kilo I think.

Anyway, be sure and ask for Panceta Ahumada. (smoked bacon)

Panceta Salada is Salt Pork and it's awful!

TLDamn that is expensive! I can't remember how much I last paid in Colombia for it. I think I will have to eat my fill when I take my trip every 90 days.