PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Olympics

Rev BS
07-28-12, 20:21
Don't tell me that you guys are so busy mongering or bar-be-queing that you have no time for the Olympics? Track & Field & Swimming, the 2 main attractions are not sports that are heavily commercialized, and so most Americans prefer going to Walmart than watching the Olympics. Even so, the USA is the powerhouse in both sports.

Since childhood, the Olympics have always been magical and inspiritional for me, and I have been lucky enough to have attended 4 Olympics including the last one in Beijing. Because of the high costs and heavy security, it is not so attractive to attend the Olympics as a live event anymore. The 2016 in Rio de Janeiro is very mouth watering, though. In Bangkok, I do have 9 channels, so my appetite is fullfilled even as my sleeping patterns go crazy.

As Opening Ceremonies go, the London edition was very good. I would prefer that OCs be more simplistic in content instead of being a chronology of the country's history. Since Los Angeles in 1984, the OC is getting longer and the costs are just out of control. My favorite moment is when the Olympic flag is paraded in conjunction with the Olympic anthem. And of course, the torch ceremony is inspiring. Seeing the great American, Mohammed Ali again was great. He is our true world ambassador. My neice was fortunate to have met him at an airport and had pictures taken with him. She told me that Ali was at his usual friendly & witty self with a total unknown stranger.

Hopefully, the Olympics will have moments that will inspire you and give you the buzz that make you feel lucky to be alive.

Gato Hunter
07-28-12, 21:08
I have the olyimpics on all the time at the casa on the big srcreen, the paraguaya javelin thrower OS one of othe hotels girls in the world

WhiteCat
07-29-12, 18:45
I have the olyimpics on all the time at the casa on the big srcreen, the paraguaya javelin thrower OS one of othe hotels girls in the worldThe Dominicanas on the volleyball team should be the replacements for the Orleans pigs.

Rev BS
07-29-12, 19:18
The Dominicanas on the volleyball team should be the replacements for the Orleans pigs.I did see some nice Dominicians with good attitude in Cattos in my time.

All the women's volleyball teams have great bodies. I love the South Korea, Serbia & Turkey teams. Brazil's team is quite diappointing. A few years ago, Brazil and Cuba had the high cut shorts where their asses were exposed, it was great. I think they have been banned by the volleyball federation.

After watching South Korea, I wish there was a Korean massage joint around the corner. They were essential to my physical and mental health from the late 70x to 90x. For your information when visiting South Korea or even LA or NY, a visit to a Korean spa is a great way to get rejuvenated. Hot & cold saunas & jacuzzis, fitness, massage, barber, restaurent, you can even sleep there in those great armchairs with a blanket. I always go to one on arrival in LA after one of those 15 hours flights from Asia or Europe.

Daddy Rulz
07-30-12, 09:48
Spain falls in first round of futbal

WhiteCat
07-30-12, 19:27
Spain falls in first round of futbalKorea has 6'4" volleyball star Kim Yeon-Koung who is just sooo sexy. Slim and tall, definitely a 400ar babe. Put some 5" heels on her and rock and roll.

Rev BS
07-31-12, 17:05
Almost all are very attractive and have great bodies, but somehow, they are not sexy to me. But still great to look at.

I missed the Chinese medal hostesses in Beijing. Now, there were alot stunners there.

Rev BS
08-03-12, 05:50
Just finish watching some women's gymnastics. Was that Michelle Obama that won the all-around gold medal. My Thai does not allow me to understand what the commentators are saying.

Daddy Rulz
08-04-12, 15:51
I will be en casa (Jax's apt) and the game shall be on for any who wish to come by.

Esten
08-04-12, 16:58
I have the olyimpics on all the time at the casa on the big srcreen, the paraguaya javelin thrower OS one of othe hotels girls in the worldYes! The hottest woman at the opening ceremony was a woman wearing a red dress at the front of the Paraguay team when they walked in. My jaw almost dropped when I saw her, she looked like a model, not an athlete. Turns out she is a javelin thrower by the name Leryn Franco, on the Paraguay team. And she's also a model and Miss Paraguay runner-up.

Daddy Rulz
08-04-12, 17:46
Didn't she work with Daisy and Jessica for awhile?

Yes! The hottest woman at the opening ceremony was a woman wearing a red dress at the front of the Paraguay team when they walked in. My jaw almost dropped when I saw her, she looked like a model, not an athlete. Turns out she is a javelin thrower by the name Leryn Franco, on the Paraguay team. And she's also a model and Miss Paraguay runner-up.

Rev BS
08-05-12, 20:31
Even as the world celebrate and billions of people are watching the games, this thread is more dead than my cock.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Usain Bolt has done again in magnificent style. It might have been the fastest race ever with 5 or 6 people breaking 10 seconds.

I have been following Olympic track & field since I was a kid. When it comes to running, it has been dominated by athletes of African heritage since the 70s. Here is where it becomes interesting. In the sprints (100m. 200, 400m) , they have been dominated by black athletes from North America (US & Canada) and the Carribean. Borzov from Russia, Fredericks from Namibia, Christie from GB, and a few others are exceptions. On the other hand, the middle and long distances are dominated by Black athletes from continental Africa with a few exceptions like the winner in London, Farah of the GB. North Africans (Morrocco, Tunisia, Algeria) did put a dent for about 12 years, but Kenya and Etophia has controlled the races. 800m upwards to the marathon.

Both sexes displayed the same phenomon. So what gives, is it a preference of events from a physical, cultural or social perspective? Anybody has an answer, since you all are avid students and admirers of the human anatomy.

Flexible Horn
08-06-12, 15:38
On the other hand, the middle and long distances are dominated by Black athletes from continental Africa with a few exceptions like the winner in London, Farah of the GB. North Africans (Morrocco, Tunisia, Algeria) did put a dent for about 12 years, but Kenya and Etophia has controlled the races. 800m upwards to the marathon.Mo was born in mogadishu Somalia, he came to the uk when he was 8 but I do understand your angle.

Wild Walleye
08-06-12, 16:04
I think that with Bolt, you are seeing the current, ultimate sprinting machine. At 6' 5", he towered over the field. However, if you look at him standing alone, he doesn't look disproportionately tall. He looks like a sprinter. If all else (cadence, in particular) is the same, between two sprinters, the longer stride should cover more distance in the same time or the same distance in a shorter time.

Rev BS
08-06-12, 19:12
Is Hope Solo, the US women's soccer goalie.

To be more speedy, I will be increasing my intake of plantains & black beans. Amazngly, no US men in the 400 metres final, an event that they have dominated forever. That is quite similar to the US losing the automobile industry to Japan. I think the US has outsourced the sprints to the Carribean and Central America

Yujin
08-07-12, 01:50
Argentine guard Facundo Campazzo's third quarter cheap shot at Carmelo Anthony's groin while he's launching a 3-pointer was pretty bad. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anyone intentionally doing that in an organized (not a pickup game) basketball game. Since it's likely that the USA and Argentina will meet again, the second game could get interesting because you know there's going to be pay back.

On another sport, I'm not a big fan of soccer (futbol) since I usually get bored, but the USA vs. Canada women's game had me captivated like no other game that I've seen. I just hope the gold medal game with Japan is just as exciting.

Sexiest Olympian, other than the entire Dutch women handball and field hockey team, I'd give a vote to USA soccer player Sydney Leroux.

Toymann
08-07-12, 02:38
Is Hope Solo, the US women's soccer goalie.

To be more speedy, I will be increasing my intake of plantains & black beans. Amazngly, no US men in the 400 metres final, an event that they have dominated forever. That is quite similar to the US losing the automobile industry to Japan. I think the US has outsourced the sprints to the Carribean and Central AmericaYou know BS. You make me SICK. I am sure you are the kind of dude always picked last as a child or at least second last for any sporting event. YOU ARE SUCH A HATER! I am not a huge fan of chica sports BUT the US / Canada soccer semi-final soccer final was awsome. The US trailed the whole way coming back time and time again, only winning 45 seconds short of penalty kicks. Thats how we roll dude, Pull your head out of your ass dude. Such a shame really! Don't ever come back idiot. We don't want you here. Happy mongering All. Toymann.

Ps. What planet do you live on idiot. Ford rocks and now rules in the US. Japan? IALOTFLMAO!

Rev BS
08-07-12, 12:02
Lola Jones of the US in the 100 meters hurdles, she was the favorite in Beijing but took a spill. She might not be the favorite this time but I am pulling for her.

After a long absence, the US men has strong contenders in the 800, 1500 & 5000 meters. Like Toymann said, Ford is making a comeback.

Esten
08-15-12, 02:44
American Exceptionalism is alive and well.

Country Gold Silver Bronze Total

United States of America 46 29 29 104
People's Republic of China 38 27 23 88
Russian Federation 24 26 32 82
Great Britain 29 17 19 65
Germany 11 19 14 44
Japan 7 14 17 38
Australia 7 16 12 35
France 11 11 12 34
Republic of Korea 13 8 7 28
Italy 8 9 11 28