PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a cook

Member #3320
08-08-12, 00:59
Anyone has any suggestions, on how / whom to hire as a cook in BA.

Not looking for a cleaning lady.

But a cook. Not any gourmet food. But just clean, healthy food.

Gandolf50
08-08-12, 06:46

But a cook. Not any gourmet food. But just clean, healthy food.Check out Lucy who cooks at the AP house sometimes. Unfortunately I don't know how top get in touch with her but I am sure some one on the forum does.

Toymann
08-08-12, 13:04

But a cook. Not any gourmet food. But just clean, healthy food.Fun thread to start 3320. I will be in BA late September for about 3 weeks. Maybe a beer might be in order. Monger on Dude. Toymann

TejanoLibre
08-08-12, 14:51

But a cook. Not any gourmet food. But just clean, healthy food.I know various girls and a few guys that would probably be happy to do it.

One is a master chef, one is a professional Parrillero (my ex-grillmaster) and I know a few girls that are non-working Paraguayans that know how to cook and could use the money.

The girls can be combination cleaning ladies and excellent cooks.

They are very good at both things and come with the highest recommendation possible concerning honesty, integrety, etc.

Hip, cool and attractive too as a bonus!

TL

Member #3320
08-09-12, 10:42
What kind of remuneration will these hip, good looking excellent cooks expect?

Looking for 6 days a week, setting me food for the entire day which could mean 3-4 hrs + cleaning the kitchen.

And shopping groceries once a week from cheap places.

Asking because I am sure a gringo price will come into play.

Thanks.

Toymann
08-09-12, 13:21

Looking for 6 days a week, setting me food for the entire day which could mean 3-4 hrs + cleaning the kitchen.

Thanks.The only thing you can be gaurenteed of brother is that if TL makes the referral a gringo price will be involved. But you knew that all ready! Didn't you! Monger On Dude. Toymann.

Ps. I will make a few inquiries with a very good friend of mine in BA, he is a orthopedic surgeon and oldest brother of one of the families in corrienties that I roll with regularily, if you are interested?

TejanoLibre
08-09-12, 17:40

Thanks.You can ask the girl yourself.

I think a decent trustworthy maid is about 20p an hour and a decent cook about the same.

Same thing for an errand girl.

These are nice girls that are not Hookers so they need the money.

I would think that a family member of a surgeon would not lower themselves to cook and clean for a Yankee.

Not for 20p to 50p an hour!

Now TOYSHIT, where in the FUCK or how in the FUCK can I benefit from this deal?

Show me where I can make a fucking penny when the pay is so low!

You just don't get it!

That someone in this fucking world is trying to help someone in need for nothing!

Thanks,

TL

Toymann
08-09-12, 17:45
You can ask the girl yourself.

I think a decent trustworthy maid is about 20p an hour and a decent cook about the same.

I would think that a family member of a surgeon would not lower themselves to cook and clean for a Yankee.

You just don't get it!

That someone in this fucking world is trying to help someone in need for nothing!

Thanks,

TLYou are pure entertainment TL. If you were a 15 kilo dorado you'd be on the parilla in no time. LOL. Monger On Dude! Toymann

Daddy Rulz
08-09-12, 21:29
Very good Argie friend of mine from a pretty wealthy family says he pays his maid 25 an hour. He says that's a provincia price and will check with his brother (who lives in Cap Fed) what he pays an hour for his.

You can ask the girl yourself.

You just don't get it!

Thanks,

TL

TejanoLibre
08-09-12, 23:33
Very good Argie friend of mine from a pretty wealthy family says he pays his maid 25 an hour. He says that's a provincia price and will check with his brother (who lives in Cap Fed) what he pays an hour for his.That's 25p an hour for an uneducated and undocumented worker from Paraguay, Bolivia or Peru.

These girls are catholic school educated white girls that are between jobs.

25 is good enough I'm sure if it's 3 to 4 hours a day for 6 days.

Gives them something to do and you might learn a bit of Spanish too.

Girls that you can actually be seen with in public and would want to poke on but you can't!

Unless they really like you!

TL

Daddy Rulz
08-10-12, 00:14
His maid is argentinian and about 50. She doesn't cook though but she watches the kids while his wife does her part time gig.

That's 25p an hour for an uneducated and undocumented worker from Paraguay, Bolivia or Peru.

These girls are catholic school educated white girls that are between jobs.

25 is good enough I'm sure if it's 3 to 4 hours a day for 6 days.

Gives them something to do and you might learn a bit of Spanish too.

Girls that you can actually be seen with in public and would want to poke on but you can't!

Unless they really like you!

TL

Member #3320
08-10-12, 00:15
Thanks everyone.

Bring them on!

I was looking to employ someone (irrespective of her looks) for a monthly salary rather than hourly rate.

Intend telling her all the jobs (involved with the cooking). Its up to her if she finishes in 1 hour or 5 hours.

Basically am looking for a healthy controlled diet with controlled calories involving carbohydrates, Proteins and good fats. So if some one has knowledge of nutrition, its a +++

I am not sure, if all girls are up to this kind of cooking.

Member #3320
08-10-12, 00:18
If you were a 15 kilo dorado you'd be on the parilla in no time.Don't mean to sound rude. But when I read this one, I actually fell down from the couch laughing and had a terrible stomach ache, because I laughed so much!

TejanoLibre
08-11-12, 03:17
Thanks everyone.

Bring them on!

I was looking to employ someone (irrespective of her looks) for a monthly salary rather than hourly rate.

Intend telling her all the jobs (involved with the cooking). Its up to her if she finishes in 1 hour or 5 hours.

Basically am looking for a healthy controlled diet with controlled calories involving carbohydrates, Proteins and good fats. So if some one has knowledge of nutrition, its a +++

I am not sure, if all girls are up to this kind of cooking.I live by the Adkin's Diet!

No sugar.

No Rice.

No Potatoes.

No Bread.

No Beer.

No Pasta.

It Works Wonders!

I lost 45 pounds in 40 days!

I was RIPPED!

I have lived in a gym since I was 11 years old and I know nutrition!

Better living through chemistry!

Lentils. Second highest protien, right below hemp!

Peas. More fiber than CARBS!

Liver. Where do I start? 1600% of the daily allowance by the FDA in almost all the vitamin groups!

Unbelievable and the cheapest cut of beef!

Mackrel. No carbs, all protien and the right omegas!

Egg Whites. Pure and excellent!

The list goes on!

Oh Yeah, a shot of wisky and a graet fuck will do you well too!

TL

Toymann
08-11-12, 03:28
I live by the Adkin's Diet!

No sugar.

No Rice.

No Potatoes.

No Bread.

No Beer.

No Pasta.

It Works Wonders!

I lost 45 pounds in 40 days!

I was RIPPED!

I have lived in a gym since I was 11 years old and I know nutrition!

Better living through chemistry!

Lentils. Second highest protien, right below hemp!

Peas. More fiber than CARBS!

Liver. Where do I start? 1600% of the daily allowance by the FDA in almost all the vitamin groups!

Unbelievable and the cheapest cut of beef!

Mackrel. No carbs, all protien and the right omegas!

Egg Whites. Pure and excellent!

The list goes on!

Oh Yeah, a shot of wisky and a graet fuck will do you well too!

TLStop your hopeless drivel TL. WTF does your post have to do with this thread? High, poor and stupid is no way to go through life fella. Get back to your pimping threads. It would be best for all who read this board. Toymann

TejanoLibre
08-11-12, 22:57
Stop your hopeless drivel TL. WTF does your post have to do with this thread? High, poor and stupid is no way to go through life fella. Get back to your pimping threads. It would be best for all who read this board. ToymannSome moron wanted a cheap cook to cook healthy and inexpensive meals!

That is where my diet comes from!

Mind your own carbs, you obviously need to do so!

TL

Member #3320
08-12-12, 01:18
Some moron wanted a cheap cook to cook healthy and inexpensive meals!

TLWhat is moronic about wanting a cook?

What is moronic about wanting to eat healthy?

What is moronic about refusing to pay heightened Gringo salary!

Why should I pay a salary which these so called "cooks" can never get from a Argentine employer! Just because I don't look or sound Argentine!

My theory is that for every 100 smart asses living in BA, looking for a job, their is always one genuine person who needs a job for the right reasons and will ask for the correct salary simply cos he/she is knows his/her REAL worth in the job market and the dwindling economy and dwindling tourism!

I pity those gringos who come here and pay heightened prices due to their unawareness. But I guess this is exactly where ""some gringos"" living ""permanently"" in BA thrive on! Don't they?

chuckle! :-)

Toymann
08-12-12, 01:44
I pity those gringos who come here and pay heightened prices due to their unawareness. But I guess this is exactly where ""some gringos"" living ""permanently"" in BA thrive on! Don't they?

Chuckle! .WOW. Been here 8 years I think. You just described TL to the max. Well done brother. I owe you a beer. Happy Mongering All. Toymann

TejanoLibre
08-13-12, 23:43
What is moronic about wanting a cook?

What is moronic about wanting to eat healthy?

What is moronic about refusing to pay heightened Gringo salary!

Why should I pay a salary which these so called "cooks" can never get from a Argentine employer! Just because I don't look or sound Argentine!

My theory is that for every 100 smart asses living in BA, looking for a job, their is always one genuine person who needs a job for the right reasons and will ask for the correct salary simply because he / she is knows his / her REAL worth in the job market and the dwindling economy and dwindling tourism!

Chuckle! .Exactly what I was offerring you!

1 in a 100 that is willing to take a small salary to cook and clean for you.

An honest person.

This is not Fucking Mexico!

I was willing to help you and I still am but try not to believe in Toyshit's Bullshit!

Pay heightened prices in what way ? Food , hotel , drinks , travel , I can't control a thing !

It's up to you to put in the hours and read this board .

We have never even met so give me the benefit of the doubt that I allow you.

Thanks,

TL

Member #3320
08-14-12, 00:10
It's up to you to put in the hours and read this board.

TLPlease pay attention!

I have 709 posts on this board.

I am not sure, what you mean " read this board!".

I am reading it since 2007.

Member #3320
08-14-12, 00:15
By the way, I have found a excellent person to cook for me.

Charging me 2000 pesos a month ( Sundays off).

The person is preparing 3 balanced meals for me, plus preparing healthy snacks, gives me tea / coffee, cleans the kitchen and utensils and shops for me from cheap markets. Even calculates the calories for me and gives me advise on nutrition.

I got 2 more applications for 2500 pesos a month.

I also got some people asking 750 USD ~ 1500 USD a month!

Go figure!

P.S _ The trick to be be patient. The financial situation in BA is bad for people who live here and have no money coming from outside.

TejanoLibre
08-14-12, 00:30

Charging me 2000 pesos a month (Sundays off).

The person is preparing 3 balanced meals for me, plus preparing healthy snacks, gives me tea / coffee, cleans the kitchen and utensils and shops for me from cheap markets. Even calculates the calories for me and gives me advise on nutrition.

I also got some people asking 750 USD 1500 USD a month!

Go figure!

P. S _ The trick to be be patient. The financial situation in BA is bad for people who live here and have no money coming from outside.I congratulate you on your cook, maid, etc.

I was beating down my close friend to do it for 1200. 1500 pesos a month.

1500. 00 USD?

That's a joke!

A bus boy makes about 3200p in white.

A waiter maybe 3800p?

Not counting tips and benefits.

I just can't remember what a REAL cook makes.

Not a desperarte housewife.

Sounds good though!

The main problem that I can see is that these fucking Indians think that :

White Bread is Good!

French Fries are Good!

Potatoes are Good!

White Rice is Good!

McDonald's is Good!

I have seen babies milk bottles filled with Coca-Cola while eating fucking CHIPS!

So the price is right but the menu is up to you!

Thanks,

TL

Member #3320
08-14-12, 01:08
I congratulate you on your cook, maid, etc.

1500. 00 USD?I remember you quoted me a price of 25 pesos a hour! I don; t see any thread where you quoted 1500 pesos a month.

However, I am satisfied with the price. I think 2000 pesos is very low but its suits my budget because I have to buy the food too. Can not be spending all my money on food. Have to take care of my sex life too!

Yes, some people wrote me asking 15 us$ a hour. Some wrote to me 100 pesos a hour! They think everyone who comes to BA is a fool and is loaded with cash.

Member #3320
08-14-12, 01:10
The main problem that I can see is that these fucking Indians think that :Not a Indian, the person hired.

SnakeOilSales
08-14-12, 01:25
I congratulate you on your cook, maid, etc.

1500. 00 USD?

That's a joke!

A bus boy makes about 3200p in white.

A waiter maybe 3800p?

Not counting tips and benefits.

I just can't remember what a REAL cook makes.

Not a desperarte housewife.

Sounds good though!

The main problem that I can see is that these fucking Indians think that :

White Bread is Good!

French Fries are Good!

Potatoes are Good!

White Rice is Good!

McDonald's is Good!

I have seen babies milk bottles filled with Coca-Cola while eating fucking CHIPS!

So the price is right but the menu is up to you!

Thanks,

TLIn capital federal, after all the union agreed bonuses, bonuses for showing up everyday on time, etc those workers (assuming they are in white) earn the following:

Busboy (no actual job title for this, but Peon General would be closest) : 3400 pesos.

Waiter: 5050 pesos.

Cook (cocinero, a lesser ayudante al cocinero exists and makes less) : 4850 pesos

Keep in mind that those salaries are what those said employees actually receive in their pocket for working 200 hours per month and do not include social security benefits (cargas sociales, which are 50% extra, all paid by the employer)

Toymann
08-14-12, 01:42
I remember you quoted me a price of 25 pesos a hour! I don; t see any thread where you quoted 1500 pesos a month.

However, I am satisfied with the price. I think 2000 pesos is very low but its suits my budget because I have to buy the food too. Can not be spending all my money on food. Have to take care of my sex life too!

Yes, some people wrote me asking 15 us$ a hour. Some wrote to me 100 pesos a hour! They think everyone who comes to BA is a fool and is loaded with cash.As I am sure you already know dude. Almost all senior members on this board totally disregard almost everything TL has to say about Argentina. He is a sad clown totally void of any local knowledge. Just a pimp trying to prey on newbies. He has his place with lazy newbies, but beyond that he is nothing more than sad entertainment. Oops. My bad. You figured that out long ago. LMAO. Monger on Dude. Toymann

ps. You did well bro. My buddy emailed me back yesterday and his girlfriend had a friend that would do the job for you 6 days a week for 3000 pesos a month. Dinners only. Well done!

Member #3320
08-14-12, 01:54
[QUOTE=SnakeOilSales; 425206]Cook (cocinero, a lesser ayudante al cocinero exists and makes less) : 4850 pesos.

Its the market of the perso who has money to give wages. If anybody can obtain 4850, so be it. Plus, my cook won't be working 200 hours a month.

SnakeOilSales
08-14-12, 02:34
[QUOTE=SnakeOilSales; 425206]Cook (cocinero, a lesser ayudante al cocinero exists and makes less) : 4850 pesos.

Its the market of the perso who has money to give wages. If anybody can obtain 4850, so be it. Plus, my cook won't be working 200 hours a month.I was not criticizing you by any means. I was just stating the facts of what these particular workers make at this particular time in Buenos Aires if they are fully registered. I will add to this that it is EXTREMELY difficult to actually get a job of this nature; most somewhat easily obtainable positions go to Colombians, Paraguayans and Dominicans willing to work for MUCH less as unregistered workers.

TejanoLibre
08-14-12, 21:39
I remember you quoted me a price of 25 pesos a hour! I don; t see any thread where you quoted 1500 pesos a month.

Yes, some people wrote me asking 15 us$ a hour. Some wrote to me 100 pesos a hour! They think everyone who comes to BA is a fool and is loaded with cash.At some point in this thread we BOTH talked about $20 to $50. 00 pesos an hour with a 3 hour per day minimum.

$75. 00 pesos per day is about $2250. 00 the last time I checked.

Only when TOYSHIT got involved with his Horse Shit commentaries that have absolutely nothing to do with this thread did you assume that someone was trying to make 2 centavos.

I was trying to help out a girlfriend that would have done it for 1200 pesos flat.

For every idiot like Toyshit I have 1000's of loyal followers, friends, aquaintances and clientes.

Everyone of them wheather newbie or old hound calls me, brings me trinkets and asks me for my advice which is fucking free!

I'm not the cheap motherfucker that stabs "Fishing Guides" in the back.

Now getting back to your diet :

It's impossible to eat healthy and inexpensive at the same time in BA!

Impossible!

Examples :

Pink Salmon. $160. 00 per Kilo.

Lomo. $65 to 110 pesos per Kilo.

Broccoli. $26. 00 per kilo.

Decent Bread. Maybe $20. 00 per loaf? I don't eat bread.

Tuna. 20p for a small can of shit tuna.

Etc, etc.

May be cheaper in certain parts of town and in the smaller Asian super markets.

12 eggs 10 to 15p.

Cheap burger meat. 37p from a butcher. 49p from CarreFour, Jumbo, etc.

Fruits and vegetables are high enough, meat is outrageous and seafood is untouchable.

So think lentils!

Thanks, anytime Boys!

TL

Member #3320
08-14-12, 22:30
I was trying to help out a girlfriend that would have done it for 1200 pesos flat.I am satisfied with the present cook, who is in tatters has no money / no job. Struggling to make ends meet.

I am a hard task master and a perfectionist.

So, if this cook "runs away" (like we say ), I will surely consider your offer.

DavieW
08-14-12, 23:27
It's impossible to eat healthy and inexpensive at the same time in BA!

Impossible!I used to think that, but the trick is to eat lots of vegetables that you buy enough of for one / two days maximum (any longer than that and the veg becomes inedible). And you can find cheaper cuts of meat and make soups and stews.

(I also avoid most carbs (no refined sugar or flour) , although not bothered by carby root veg.)

SunSeeker
08-26-12, 12:59

Charging me 2000 pesos a month (Sundays off).

I also got some people asking 750 USD 1500 USD a month!

Go figure!

P. S _ The trick to be be patient. The financial situation in BA is bad for people who live here and have no money coming from outside.Good stuff 3320! How is it working out so far? Can you pm me with some info? Where did you advertise, how long, and cost of advertising? I may be looking for some part-time help when I get back from Colombia in mid Sept.

Member #3320
08-26-12, 16:09
Since I am inclined towards spicy food.

So someday I am eating Peruvian or Thai or Mexican or Indian!

Last night had excellent beef steak.

See the picture of my lunch yesterday. ( It comprised of steamed fish filled with spicy chillies inside, baked sweet potato and fresh carrot juice).

Today is Sunday, so cook's holiday.

But my lunch and dinner was prepared yesterday and kept in fridge for today. I prefer that than going out searching food or ordering a take-away.

All is well.

See PM for more details.

SunSeeker
08-26-12, 17:31
Since I am inclined towards spicy food.

So someday I am eating Peruvian or Thai or Mexican or Indian!

Last night had excellent beef steak.

See the picture of my lunch yesterday. (It comprised of steamed fish filled with spicy chillies inside, baked sweet potato and fresh carrot juice).

Today is Sunday, so cook's holiday.

But my lunch and dinner was prepared yesterday and kept in fridge for today. I prefer that than going out searching food or ordering a take-away.

All is well.

See PM for more details.Sounds-looks delish! And thanks for the pm.