PDA

View Full Version : New Year's

JonDoe
08-11-12, 16:06
I've been following this site for awhile without posting and reading a lot of the info and past experiences has made me decide to visit Buenos Aires. I was wondering what are the best times of year to visit and is New Year's to crazy or a good idea to travel there?

Daddy Rulz
08-11-12, 20:19
I've been following this site for awhile without posting and reading a lot of the info and past experiences has made me decide to visit Buenos Aires. I was wondering what are the best times of year to visit and is New Year's to crazy or a good idea to travel there?Everybody leaves in the summer. December and January would be the ABSOLUTE worst time to come here. Late September to mid November is the best time come. Book a suite at the monger mansion now.

JonDoe
08-11-12, 21:06
Everybody leaves in the summer. December and January would be the ABSOLUTE worst time to come here. Late September to mid November is the best time come. Book a suite at the monger mansion now.Thanks for the info and thanks to the few folks who hit the poll up. I didn't realize that is the worst absolute time to visit there with that holiday being when a lot of people travel. I will look into coming in November then. What is the monger mansion though?

El Perro
08-11-12, 21:27
I've been following this site for awhile without posting and reading a lot of the info and past experiences has made me decide to visit Buenos Aires. I was wondering what are the best times of year to visit and is New Year's to crazy or a good idea to travel there?As incredible as it might sound, New Years Eve is possibly the most dead night of the year in Buenos Aires. The locals do family related activities. Dead, dead, dead.

Very little to no gato action either.

Daddy Rulz
08-11-12, 21:30
Thanks for the info and thanks to the few folks who hit the poll up. I didn't realize that is the worst absolute time to visit there with that holiday being when a lot of people travel. I will look into coming in November then. What is the monger mansion though?The AP apartment, there are ads on the page for it. I'm here right now and I really like it. You have to PM Jax for more info.

JonDoe
08-11-12, 22:19
The AP apartment, there are ads on the page for it. I'm here right now and I really like it. You have to PM Jax for more info.After I replied to you I seen the ad at the top of the page. So a lot you fellas actually hook up and hang out also? If so that is great and would love if a few Spanish speaking folks showed me around when I visit

JonDoe
08-11-12, 22:21
As incredible as it might sound, New Years Eve is possibly the most dead night of the year in Buenos Aires. The locals do family related activities. Dead, dead, dead.

Very little to no gato action either.I've been talking with a female who is from there and she did tell me that Christmas and N. Y. E. Is a big family thing down there but I imagined only for her and her family. I guess I was wrong about that one. Thanks for the info

El Perro
08-11-12, 23:24
I've been talking with a female who is from there and she did tell me that Christmas and N. Y. E. Is a big family thing down there but I imagined only for her and her family. I guess I was wrong about that one. Thanks for the infoGlad to help. FYI-the entire holiday season is pretty dead. I would never advise anyone to visit BA during that time. There's lots of things to like about BA, but it has the most unfestive holiday season of anyplace I've ever been.

Daddy Rulz
08-11-12, 23:24
After I replied to you I seen the ad at the top of the page. So a lot you fellas actually hook up and hang out also? If so that is great and would love if a few Spanish speaking folks showed me around when I visitSure we hang out unless people turn out to be dickheads. And by dickheads I don't mean brother dickhead I mean actual dickheads

Member #3320
08-12-12, 02:16
I am in a dilemma. Which "mongering" place would be ideal to hang around in South America or else where in the world at Christmas and New year?

Manila? Frankfurt? Medellin? Rio?

SnakeOilSales
08-12-12, 03:33
I am in a dilemma. Which "mongering" place would be ideal to hang around in South America or else where in the world at Christmas and New year?

Manila? Frankfurt? Medellin? Rio?If you can deal with a crazy party in HOT tropical weather Rio is the best place by far of those listed. There is a huge party on the beach in Copacabana with literally more than a million people in attendance. Bring plenty of cash because it's not cheap and make reservations for hotel / apartment well in advance.

Wild Walleye
08-12-12, 11:00
Everybody leaves in the summer. December and January would be the ABSOLUTE worst time to come here. Late September to mid November is the best time come. Book a suite at the monger mansion now.Like Daddy. Dogboy and the others have said, summer is deadsville and hot as balls. The kids get out of school in early December (second week, maybe?). I forget what they call the last day of school but, they paint their faces and are hooting and hollering all over town. From that point on, until the first week in February, things start to slow down. For the rest of December, there are still a lot of people in the city but they are getting ready for the holidays and going on vacation. The holidays are family-centric. As soon as the figgy pudding is all gone, they head out of the city for four weeks or so. It is virtually impossible to get much work accomplished during January (or so I have been told). I have been to Bs As during each calendar month, with the exception of January. That said, I may have to be in Bs As this coming January for a good part of the month.

JonDoe
08-16-12, 10:28

Manila? Frankfurt? Medellin? Rio?I've been to Manila and it is pretty fun but I've heard and read that Angeles City is really good and cheaper also. I know for a fact though that Manila is fun and a lot of places to find ladies. I was actually thinking about going there also because I have friends out there