PDA

View Full Version : Reciprocity visa fee, must pay online

Damman
09-19-12, 00:14
Seen this posted on another site.

http://www.argentinaindependent.com/currentaffairs/changes-to-payment-method-for-reciprocity-fee-visa/

El Perro
09-19-12, 00:21
Seen this posted on another site.

http://www.argentinaindependent.com/currentaffairs/changes-to-payment-method-for-reciprocity-fee-visa/So, either somebody is doing a little skimming off the top, and / or the powers that be want that money deposited in a place where they can access it more easily.

Damman
09-19-12, 00:31
Please don't tell me I have to pony up another $160. 00? Visa thing good for 10 years. Its always somerhing.

Easy Go
09-19-12, 02:15
Should not effect anyone that already has one. It went to $160 because the US visa went to $160.

The new system will make it much easier to implement at every port of entry into Argentina.

Sportsman
09-19-12, 20:04
US Embassy in Argentina posted a message here on 18 September. 2012:

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/warden_messages.html

NEW RECIPROCITY FEE FOR USA TOURIST OR BUSINESS VISITORS.

Effective October 31, 2012 (Aeroparque) and December 28, 2012 (Ezeiza)

The National Immigration Agency (Direccióand Nacional de Migraciones) has added a new form of payment of the reciprocity rate (visitor visa – rate for Americans of USD$160) , through the Provincia Payment System. Until now, this fee was paid upon arrival at the airport (either Aeroparque or Ezeiza). Effective October 31, 2012 for arrivals to Aeroparque and effective December 28, 2012 for arrivals to Ezeiza International airport, all USA tourist or business visitors must pay the reciprocity rates (USD$160 for Americans) with their credit card through the on-line system. After these dates, cash payments will NOT be accepted at the airports.

How to pay the reciprocity fee on-line:

1) Enter the web site www.migraciones.gov.ar Or www.provinciapagos.com.ar Of Provincia Pagos and register to start the process.

2) Complete the form with the corresponding personal and credit card information.

3) Print the payment receipt.

4) On arrival in Argentina, this printed receipt must be presented at Immigration Control. The receipt will be scanned by the Immigration officials, the information will be checked, and the traveler's entry to the country registered.

SunSeeker
10-08-12, 00:07
Should not effect anyone that already has one. It went to $160 because the US visa went to $160.

The new system will make it much easier to implement at every port of entry into Argentina.Has anyone had to deal with this yet? If you already had the visa was it still good?

Member #2041
10-08-12, 00:22
Has anyone had to deal with this yet? If you already had the visa was it still good?This is not effective until the end of the month. FYI, I entered through Mendoza last week, and still did not have to pay the fee, nor show evidence that it had previously been paid.

BlueFalcon
10-08-12, 00:32
I arrived Ezeiza two weeks ago with my 2 year old visa. No problem with existing visas.

Bf.

This is not effective until the end of the month. FYI, I entered through Mendoza last week, and still did not have to pay the fee, nor show evidence that it had previously been paid.

SunSeeker
10-08-12, 04:28
This is not effective until the end of the month. FYI, I entered through Mendoza last week, and still did not have to pay the fee, nor show evidence that it had previously been paid.&$#$ Thanks M2041, I had received an email from expedia that it started on 1 Oct.

Mountaineer
10-09-12, 14:47
Here is the official statement.

&$#$ Thanks M2041, I had received an email from expedia that it started on 1 Oct.

Sportsman
01-16-13, 22:10
Quote from Argentina Embassy in US: As of January 7, 2013, the reciprocity fee will be extended to all border crossings of Argentina: maritime, fluvial, terrestrial and aerial.

Here is the annoncement: http://embassyofargentina.us/embassyofargentina.us/en/consularsection/news.htm#entry

Amantelondres
05-29-13, 07:45
A sorry tale about being refused entry for not having purchased visa (sorry, it's in spanish but bottom line is if you're American, Canadian or Aussie, make sure you buy your visa in country of departure) I know it's been discussed here before but it's worth reminding people.

http://m24digital.com/2013/05/25/dura-carta-de-un-turista-expulsado-de-buenos-aires/

Don B
05-29-13, 11:17
A sorry tale about being refused entry for not having purchased visa (sorry, it's in spanish but bottom line is if you're American, Canadian or Aussie, make sure you buy your visa in country of departure) I know it's been discussed here before but it's worth reminding people.

http://m24digital.com/2013/05/25/dura-carta-de-un-turista-expulsado-de-buenos-aires/

When did this change? I got mine in 2010 on arrival. At that time there was a line for those to be ripped off.

Don B.

Amantelondres
05-29-13, 13:19
When did this change? I got mine in 2010 on arrival. At that time there was a line for those to be ripped off.

Don B.In the last few months.

Sportsman
05-31-13, 00:51

http://m24digital.com/2013/05/25/dura-carta-de-un-turista-expulsado-de-buenos-aires/Again, it is not a visa. It is a reciprocity fee.

Before I left for BA last week, I got an e-mail and a phone call from United reminded me about having to pay the reciprocity fee online ahead of time. During online check-in, I couldn't print my boarding pass. My passport was checked by the check-in agent and again at the boarding gate for proof of paid reciprocity fee. Tequila Tim told me he went through the similar thing with his flight on American Airline.

It appeared the author of the article flew on Aero Mexico. And he saw four other passengers from a Delta flight were caught by surprise too.

Tres3
05-31-13, 09:50
Again, it is not a visa. It is a reciprocity fee.

Before I left for BA last week, I got an e-mail and a phone call from United reminded me about having to pay the reciprocity fee online ahead of time. During online check-in, I couldn't print my boarding pass. My passport was checked by the check-in agent and again at the boarding gate for proof of paid reciprocity fee. Tequila Tim told me he went through the similar thing with his flight on American Airline.

It appeared the author of the article flew on Aero Mexico. And he saw four other passengers from a Delta flight were caught by surprise too.Until January 1 of this year you paid the "reciprocity fee" when you arrived in Argentina and the Argentine official at the airport put a stamp page in your passport. The page is good for 10 years from the date on the page. AFTER January 1, the Argentine government changed the rules and now a traveler from the USA, or one of the other affected countries, must pay the "reciprocity fee" online with a credit card, and print a receipt with a bar code showing the the fee was paid. This receipt is also good for 10 years, and the Argentine government is SUPPOSED to keep an electronic copy of the receipt in case it is lost, stolen, or your passport expires before the 10 years is up. The fee is good for multiple entries. I recommend that a traveler print a second copy and put it in a safe place. Ten years is a long time and a lot can happen. If your passport expires before the "reciprocity fee" it is a good idea to short circuit the Argentine bureaucracy by traveling to Argentina with BOTH the old and new passports.

The carriers' gate agents are supposed to have instructions to check to see that each traveler has paid the fee before they issue a boarding pass or allow the traveler to board the aircraft. They do not always do that, especially if you have to change planes in a foreign country. Caveat Emptor.

The Argentine government calls it a reciprocity fee for legal semantic reasons. For all intents and purposes, and especially since they can send you back, it is the same as a Visa. If you do not have a printer at your ready disposal, the fee can be just as problematic as a Visa. They do not want to say that a Visa is required to travel to Argentina. The Argentine government puts the onus, and expense, on the carriers since they force them to return carry any passenger who has not paid the fee before traveling to Argentina.

Tres3.

Rain Grown
06-01-13, 10:12
Until January 1 of this year you paid the "reciprocity fee" when you arrived in Argentina and the Argentine official at the airport put a stamp page in your passport. The page is good for 10 years from the date on the page. AFTER January 1, the Argentine government changed the rules and now a traveler from the USA, or one of the other affected countries, must pay the "reciprocity fee" online with a credit card, and print a receipt with a bar code showing the the fee was paid. This receipt is also good for 10 years, and the Argentine government is SUPPOSED to keep an electronic copy of the receipt in case it is lost, stolen, or your passport expires before the 10 years is up. The fee is good for multiple entries. I recommend that a traveler print a second copy and put it in a safe place. Ten years is a long time and a lot can happen. If your passport expires before the "reciprocity fee" it is a good idea to short circuit the Argentine bureaucracy by traveling to Argentina with BOTH the old and new passports.

The carriers' gate agents are supposed to have instructions to check to see that each traveler has paid the fee before they issue a boarding pass or allow the traveler to board the aircraft. They do not always do that, especially if you have to change planes in a foreign country. Caveat Emptor.

The Argentine government calls it a reciprocity fee for legal semantic reasons. For all intents and purposes, and especially since they can send you back, it is the same as a Visa. If you do not have a printer at your ready disposal, the fee can be just as problematic as a Visa. They do not want to say that a Visa is required to travel to Argentina. The Argentine government puts the onus, and expense, on the carriers since they force them to return carry any passenger who has not paid the fee before traveling to Argentina.

Tres3.Is the page in our passport indicating we paid back in 2010 still valid or do we have to do it again?

Tres3
06-01-13, 10:42
...is the page in our passport indicating we paid back in 2010 still valid or do we have to do it again

The page in your passport is good for 10 years from the date on the page. I have a page in my passport, and have used it three times with no problems. The page is actually easier because that is one less thing that you have to carry. Do not forget to carry the passport with the page showing you have paid the fee, if the passport with the page expires. Have a good trip!

Tres3

Albert Punter
06-02-13, 17:07
Apparently this is announcement made on all flights before landing: citizens from US, Canada and Australia please contact staff in case you don't have visa, as you may be rejected.

Tres3
06-02-13, 17:56
Apparently this is announcement made on all flights before landing: citizens from US, Canada and Australia please contact staff in case you don't have visa, as you may be rejected.If the airline lets you on the plane, and you have not paid the fee before arriving, you are screwed. The Argentine Government will send you back, punto final.

Tres3.

Gandolf50
06-02-13, 18:10
If the airline lets you on the plane, and you have not paid the fee before arriving, you are screwed. The Argentine Government will send you back, punto final.

Tres3.Unless you pay the "coima"! .

Sportsman
06-02-13, 20:58
If the airline lets you on the plane, and you have not paid the fee before arriving, you are screwed. The Argentine Government will send you back, punto final.

Tres3.

Unless you pay the "coima"! .According the article Amantelondres pointed out http://m24digital.com/2013/05/25/dur...-buenos-aires/
Those passengers were sent back - not giving a chance to pay a fine or bribe.

Gandolf50
06-03-13, 07:52
According the article Amantelondres pointed out http://m24digital.com/2013/05/25/dur...-buenos-aires/
Those passengers were sent back - not giving a chance to pay a fine or bribe.I am sure that is correct. But it does show how small minded and vindictive these people are. The country is hard pressed for foreign currency and they turn away tourists on a technicality. Hell, charge them a extra $100 or what ever. After all, this is not a real "visa" , its just another way to make money! If they ever did that to me I would never return and I would make sure that everyone I know knew what foo; the they were.

Fishnfool
02-03-17, 16:16
I just ran across this thread. I tried the two suggested websites, but not knowing a lot of spanish, I was unable to navigate them. I assume this fee is still required. Am I correct?

Big Boss Man
02-03-17, 16:51
I just ran across this thread. I tried the two suggested websites, but not knowing a lot of spanish, I was unable to navigate them. I assume this fee is still required. Am I correct?I showed the immigration officer mine because it is an old passport. He said it was no longer necessary to bring it as January 2017. Unfortunately I still need to carry it because my Brazilian visa is in there.

Also the IVA tax has disappeared. You can get it reimbursed for anything you buy in Argentina at the airport. As of Thursday February 2 2017, the IVA reimbursement lines are not long. If it is the same as in Europe however you have to show the object as well as the receipt. For example, I bought some children's clothes for a friend of mine and I could have had the tax reimbursed if I had the clothes when I left.

Fishnfool
02-03-17, 16:54
Great, I am greatly relieved. Also appreciate the update on the IVA reimbursement. Thanks so much.

I showed the immigration officer mine because it is an old passport. He said it was no longer necessary to bring it as January 2017. Unfortunately I still need to carry it because my Brazilian visa is in there.

Also the IVA tax has disappeared. You can get it reimbursed for anything you buy in Argentina at the airport. As of Thursday February 2 2017, the IVA reimbursement lines are not long. If it is the same as in Europe however you have to show the object as well as the receipt. For example, I bought some children's clothes for a friend of mine and I could have had the tax reimbursed if I had the clothes when I left.

Big Boss Man
02-05-17, 14:54
http://www.globalblue.com/customer-services/tax-free-shopping/tax-free-shopping-in-argentina/

http://www.globalblue.com/incoming/article282653.ece//BINARY/merchant-list-publish-enArgentina.pdf

Anakin
02-05-17, 18:47
http://www.globalblue.com/customer-services/tax-free-shopping/tax-free-shopping-in-argentina/

http://www.globalblue.com/incoming/article282653.ece//BINARY/merchant-list-publish-enArgentina.pdfWeren't the reciprocity fees canceled? Because I thought they were.

Big Boss Man
02-05-17, 19:00
Weren't the reciprocity fees canceled? Because I thought they were.Correct. The post you are referring to is about the VAT tax.

Thomaso276
02-09-17, 21:01
New procedures coming. Can some travellers post there experiences?

http://www.infobae.com/economia/2017/02/09/paso-a-paso-como-seran-los-nuevos-controles-en-la-aduana-de-ezeiza/

Thanks.