PDA

View Full Version : BAexpats.com

DavieW
09-24-12, 14:51
Ha! I've been banned, again!

Third time. I should wear it as a badge of honour.

It pretty obviously is NOT run by an expat, that's for sure.

Towncryr
09-24-12, 16:34

It pretty obviously is NOT run by an expat, that's for sure.Living in Mendoza I check in on BAEXPATS just to see the general mood and any news items that are of interest. I RARELY post on there. Tried to post some financial stories concerning gold, etc there and they have some screener that 'selectively' posts what the hell she wants. I say 'she' because it almost has to be a female in charge with all the 'hairspray, cosmetics, BS' type threads that 'she' DOES allow to get on there.

Yes, it doesn't matter about the biggest financial catastrophe in the history of the world coming! Let's find out about 'hairspray' availability and location. Or, better yet, which Doc gives the best boob job. After that we'll know the best place to get 'our' hair done.

There are some useful articles and events on there but as for a place that is objective? Not the place.

TC

Jackson
09-24-12, 16:44
Greetings everyone,

Any mention of sex, finding women for sex, having sex with women, engaging in contractual sex, or any mention of ArgentinaPrivate will get you banned from their website.

In addition, their political discussion threads are overwhelming dominated by liberal Obama sycophants.

The evidence would indicate that the website is either being run by women, or by pussies who let women run their lives.

Sad.

Thanks,

Jackson

Daddy Rulz
09-24-12, 17:12

It pretty obviously is NOT run by an expat, that's for sure.Talked about this at one of the dinners. I've been banned there twice but my second time was seriously odd. First time I joined, lurked for awhile, I like to get a feel for a place before shooting my mouth off, and then posted once in what I thought was helpful manner. Somebody was looking for something they couldn't find and I suggested a place. Next time I logged on, banned for life. I was leaving BsAs so no big deal. A year ago when I knew I was coming back I joined again, different user name, different email account, different computer, different IP, christ a different country. I created the account, confirmed the account from the email, went to log in, banned for life without EVER HAVING LOGGED IN! WTF.

I sent them an email thinking it was an error, the answer I got back was,"sorry that shouldn't have happened, try creating a different account." I haven't been back since. Fuck um

TejanoLibre
09-24-12, 17:19
Greetings everyone,

Any mention of sex, finding women for sex, having sex with women, engaging in contractual sex, or any mention of ArgentinaPrivate will get you banned from their website.

In addition, their political discussion threads are overwhelming dominated by liberal Obama sycophants.

The evidence would indicate that the website is either being run by women, or by pussies who let women run their lives.

Sad.

Thanks,

JacksonActually the owner is a Jewish American businessman (kid) but his secretary handles a lot of the work.

I spoke to him years ago about advertizing on this AP site and he told me that he did not want to mix the 2 things.

He uses the site to sell insurance plans, etc, etc.

Organizes dinners, socials and Club outings in a group and makes his commissions that way.

Was going to organize steak night at my place but he wanted too much of a cut.

I think I posted a couple of things a few years ago and never returned.

Boring site, boring ex-pats.

TL

Redrum
09-25-12, 00:59
Guys, I invite all of you to join and post on a relatively new ba expat forum that was formed in response to many users either being censored or banned from the other site.

The site is: [Link Deleted by Admin]

You don't have to worry about being censored for your political views, buying gold, being anti american or being anti Obama. You're free to speak your mind and give your opinion. Personally, I am member of all 3 forums however I rarely ever visit baexpats. Com anymore because of the lack of any real substance in the majority of the threads.

===================================================

Hey Redrum,

With all due respect, what the fuck do you think ArgentinaPrivate is?

I can't believe I actually have to say this, but please don't use my forum to promote a competitor's forum.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dickhead
09-25-12, 01:49
To summarize, BA Expats can fuck two things:

1) Themselves, and.

2) The horse they rode in on.

But now Jackson, you can't have it both ways if you yourself are an ex-pat. Ex-pats will almost always have opposite points of view to whatever they fled from, right? So either your home community is going to be on the same page with you, or your ex-pat community, but hardly ever both. If your home country is in the hands of conservatives most ex-pats from that country will be liberal, and vice versa.

Member #3320
09-25-12, 02:31
So have no problem with the moderator.

But some of the expats there posting are really big pseudos!

I am sure all of them are enjoying "pay for play" option in BA but behave as if they are all virgin boys!

I think the moderator of BA expats is a gay person, from what I heard. In fact, BA expats is full of gay expats.

I really enjoy when all expats who come first time to BA want to get a job as a English teacher! I find it so funny! Or when they post they are looking for employment. When I had posted the job for a cook, so many expats wrote to me. Wanting to work for 2000 pesos a month. I actually found it hilarious! (I mean, if you don't have money, better stay back in your home country!).

Overall, I feel I have gained reading BA expats in last 3 years. It always has some useful information. Though, I never tried to meet anyone via that site.

Those of you interested, "internations" is another pseudo site to subscribe to. They have these get togethers once in a while. And all pseudo expats come there and boast about their wealth and accomplishments in life and in BA. The last time, I went to their party last week and this Australian woman kept telling me about how many apartments she owns in BA and how she needs to fly in every year to BA to look after them! And when I told her, i was recently in Perth, Brisbane and Sidney. She refused to believe me. Her words like "its not a joke to travel to Australia and then be here in Ba in a couple of months time. Why are you lying to me!!!" I did not know what to answer her as I was really in Australia a couple of months ago! Go figure!

Then their is another super-pseudo group called "its a small world". Its supposed to comprise of "high society" people! I have attended their get-togethers too, to know how it feels like being "high-society" in bA?!! Met many big shots including some television hosts etc of Argentina through it. However, I did not enjoy it either, other than the networking part. And ultimately, I have concluded " pay for play" option in BA is the only way to have a enjoyable life in this city.

SimpleWrangler
09-25-12, 04:23
On the ads section, full of rip-off deals like one guy right now selling a white mac book, for ARS 5. 700.

http://baexpats.org/classifieds/ad/310/macbook-13-excellent-condition-250gb-hard-drive-2gb-ram/

Discontinued make! Dead battery! For the price of a brand new mac!

For sure they think that expats equal retarded.

Fuck Baexpats!

TejanoLibre
09-25-12, 21:59
On the ads section, full of rip-off deals like one guy right now selling a white mac book, for ARS 5. 700.

http://baexpats.org/classifieds/ad/310/macbook-13-excellent-condition-250gb-hard-drive-2gb-ram/

Discontinued make! Dead battery! For the price of a brand new mac!

For sure they think that expats equal retarded.

Fuck Baexpats!I concur!

The site sucks, well actually it does not but this one will get you sucked-off at least!

TL

Redrum
09-25-12, 23:33
Guys, I invite all of you to join and post on a relatively new ba expat forum that was formed in response to many users either being censored or banned from the other site.

The site is: [Link Deleted by Admin]

You don't have to worry about being censored for your political views, buying gold, being anti american or being anti Obama. You're free to speak your mind and give your opinion. Personally, I am member of all 3 forums however I rarely ever visit baexpats. Com anymore because of the lack of any real substance in the majority of the threads.

===================================================

Hey Redrum,

With all due respect, what the fuck do you think ArgentinaPrivate is?

I can't believe I actually have to say this, but please don't use my forum to promote a competitor's forum.

Thanks,

JacksonJackson, with all due respect the sites are very different with very different audiences. Surely you can appreciate this fact.

Your forum attracts a specific type of user let's be honest. The other forums attract more mainstream users. You get different information from both sites. So I didn't feel that it was inappropriate to mention the other forum. Another poster also mentioned Internations as another forum alternative yet I don't see you jumping down their throat. Most users of your forum are here for a reason and for that reason will not stop using this forum.

I felt that my post was completely within the context of this thread. If I have committed an infraction or offended you then I sincerely apologize. However it certainly was not necessary to use offensive language towards me.

Member #3320
09-26-12, 01:05
Another poster also mentioned Internations as another forum alternative yet I don't see you jumping down their throat.Mr Jackson is a very old and dear friend of fine. I will never promote another forum on his website. I was actually making fun of "inter-nations" rather than promoting it. In fact, I would say, the best people I have met in BA in 5 years is via AP!

I salute MR Jackson for running such a nice forum of like minded people.

Chezz
09-26-12, 01:53
Jackson, with all due respect ... it certainly was not necessary to use offensive language towards me.

Where the fuck do you think you're posting? This isn't exactly the United Nations. Stick around...you'll get the flow of things. But don't hold your breath waiting for El Jefe to kiss your ass and apologize for laying down the law. Not on this board.

Redrum
09-26-12, 14:17
Where the fuck do you think you're posting? This isn't exactly the United Nations. Stick around.you'll get the flow of things. But don't hold your breath waiting for El Jefe to kiss your ass and apologize for laying down the law. Not on this board.Oh I certainly don't expect anything from anybody at anytime. I simply voiced my opinion. That's all.

Jackson
09-26-12, 17:17
However it certainly was not necessary to use offensive language towards me.Hi Redrum,

My comments were made in jest.

Thanks,

Jackson

DavieW
09-26-12, 20:56
However it certainly was not necessary to use offensive language towards me.You think "With all due respect, what the fuck do you think ArgentinaPrivate is?" is offensive?

Really? You need to get out more dude!

Gato Hunter
09-27-12, 00:35
I am also banned from baexpats, fuck them with a big black one!

Silac
11-11-12, 00:24
Actually the owner is a Jewish American businessman (kid) but his secretary handles a lot of the work.

I spoke to him years ago about advertizing on this AP site and he told me that he did not want to mix the 2 things.

He uses the site to sell insurance plans, etc, etc.

Organizes dinners, socials and Club outings in a group and makes his commissions that way.

Was going to organize steak night at my place but he wanted too much of a cut.

I think I posted a couple of things a few years ago and never returned.

Boring site, boring ex-pats.

TLHello, Tejano. If you could give me a little bit more info on the person in charge of the ba expats forum, I think I might be able to figure out why I was banned for no apparent reason. Thank you.

Member #3320
11-11-12, 00:29
Yes, TL,

Do you know of his official email I'd. The owner of ba expats.

I will like to contact him too.

TejanoLibre
11-11-12, 02:05
Yes, TL,

Do you know of his official email I'd. The owner of ba expats.

I will like to contact him too.PM me and I can give you his secretary's phone number while I look for his e-mail address, I have forgotten his name so it's going to take a while.

The number I have for her is from a long time ago so I don't know if it will be any good.

TL