PDA

View Full Version : BA Cab Driver Robbed His Clients

TejanoLibre
12-12-12, 01:13
In today's news a local cab driver was arrested for pepper sraying and then robbing his clients, so far about 8 people have come forth to accuse the Taxi Driver.

The Dumbass did not bother to change his license plates so he was easily captured and when the Police raided his house they found pepper spray cans and credit cards and I. Ds belonging to some of his victims.

Maybe SS was right?

Just joking Fred!

TL.

Happy Holidays!

Member #3320
12-12-12, 03:09
In today's news a local cab driver was arrested for pepper sraying and then robbing his clients, so far about 8 people have come forth to accuse the Taxi Driver.

The Dumbass did not bother to change his license plates so he was easily captured and when the Police raided his house they found pepper spray cans and credit cards and I. Ds belonging to some of his victims.

Maybe SS was right?

Just joking Fred!

TL.

Happy Holidays!The city is trembling in fear. And now their is only one honest cab driver left. Enter SS! SS as Jason Stathom in the car!

Gauntlet77
12-13-12, 22:53
And savy, particularly when they drive at night with their 'lights out'! And they are all experts of every location in BA!Hey Sidney, I can see you haven't lost your sarcastic edge. How's it going ol buddy? Long time no see, are you going to come down soon and watch the collapse?

Like man, you could come down and hang out at the new Alamo before it becomes a kiddie bar! But bring the hearing aid with the mute button just in case. (just kidding sport!)

You could tell you know who: "I TOLD YOU SO."

You could critique the renovations "you know who" is making to the new Quilmes dispensary.

You could come and join in the festivities until the music stops and people realize they are living in the Weimar Republic* The only upside I can see to this historical vector is that Cristina can let her moustache grow out.

You could offer insightful observations on how this depression doesn't hold a candle to the last great one.

You could______________________well you get the idea. Lots of aberrant fun and tumescent decadence in the Sodom and Gomorrah of South America! LOL.

Oh yeah, bring some Haitianas with you,

Cause inflation has even slithered its way.

Into the nagging textos

Of once adoring Dominicanas

Like a viper out of the book of Genesis.

Admit it Sidney. You miss us; you miss the excitement of BsAs; you miss pissing on the cab drivers; you miss__etcetera (no I didn't mean Excedra and even the new AI spell check knows it!)

Also "you know who" has been spooky mellow lately. The foghorn has lost a few decibels. I think he misses you too (altho he probably won't admit it until around the time Silvina joins a nunnery). And there's a rumour that Exon's coming for a visit. That ought to be good for a few more decibels!

Come soon my friend cause the writing's on the wall of the Casa Rosada. I'll try to save a deckchair for yuh!

Your faithful friend,

Sleepless in BsAs.

* Come to think of it there WAS a lot of music in the Weimar Republic. Check out Kurt Weill and the movie Cabaret with unforgettable performances by Liza Minelli and Joel Grey.

PS. To all those who take offence at my ramblings, buzz off, this is directed to Sidney and only those who have a sense of humor, tragic as it may be.

El Perro
12-14-12, 01:07
And savy, particularly when they drive at night with their 'lights out'! And they are all experts of every location in BA!They're still light years better than any other big foreign city I've lived in. In the tourist areas of BKK the fuckers often flat out refuse to turn the meter on. They insist on negotiating a fee before leaving.

Member #3320
12-14-12, 02:08
The worst, most brash, most rude and most corrupt taxi drivers are in NYC.

El Perro
12-14-12, 02:16
The worst, most brash, most rude and most corrupt taxi drivers are in NYC.Try Mexico City. An "adventure" nearly every time.

TejanoLibre
12-14-12, 05:44
Try Mexico City. An "adventure" nearly every time.How about Motorcycle Taxis? I've never seen one and I'd hate to use one! All fucked up and it's up to me to hang-on to some sweaty Dominican or Philipino, Taiwanese, etc.

Just seems super dangerous.

TL

El Perro
12-14-12, 05:59
How about Motorcycle Taxis? I've never seen one and I'd hate to use one! All fucked up and it's up to me to hang-on to some sweaty Dominican or Philipino, Taiwanese, etc.

Just seems super dangerous.

TLSuper cute teenage and 20 something girls are seen on the back of those things all over BKK. They sit on 'em sidesaddle. No harm no foul...apparently.

Mpexy
12-14-12, 08:53
The worst, most brash, most rude and most corrupt taxi drivers are in NYC.Everything's relative to personal xp so I'll take as face value for whatever reason NYC cabbies hate you, ripped you off, and you indeed find them the worst, but IMO there's no way in general for most people NYC is worse than BsAs or even top 10.

Rude is a fairly subjective xp and in many parts impacted by your own demeanor. Corruption is a much more black and white bar, either the guy stole your change, swapped bills, etc or didn't, and is not excused by whatever your demeanor may have been.

In BsAs, Kabul, every hell hole in Africa I've been to for charity missions, Eastern Europe with notables Prague, Odessa, St. Petersburgh and Moscow, the ever present reality of being scammed out of bill swaps, change substitutions, etc is an accepted fact of corruption there. I would contend this is not the case nor considered the norm for NYC or any other US major city.

It isn't to say US metros or western euro metros are so great for taxis, just that there are truly so many worse shitholes around the world that really give meaning to third world corruption that even breaking top 50 would be a stretch.

Member #3320
12-14-12, 11:50
Everything's relative to personal xp so I'll take as face value for whatever reason NYC cabbies hate you, ripped you off, and you indeed find them the worst, but IMO there's no way in general for most people NYC is worse than BsAs or even top 10.As far as just BA and NYC is concerned, I can say my experience is based on hiring 400 or more taxis over a period of 3 years in both the cities. That is enough experience, IMHO to base my personal judgement on taxi drivers in the two cities irrepective of what anyone else may think about. And I have discussed this with other "world wide traveled" friends of mine who like me have used considerable number of taxis in NYC and we were in sync. in our discussions.

And when I say NYC is the worst, I say it on basis of hiring 25 or more taxis in over 100 world cities in 6 continents, in a period of 5 years. In 2012 alone, I have used taxis in 20 different countries.

Yes, based on personal experience and maybe your experiences would be different than mine.

No taxi driver has scammed ME, in BA, as yet in 5 years and over 400 taxis taken. Again, maybe your experiences are different.

P.S : I never said "NYC taxi drivers "hate me". I just said that they are rude & brash; I never said the NYC taxi drivers ripped me off , I said they are most corrupt. I did not allow them to rip me off.

P.P.S : If rudeness is impacted by "my own" behavior, I never found any taxi drivers rude to me in BA or London or Hong Kong or Singapore or Sao Paulo or Sidney or Brisbane or Auckland or Tunis or Colombo. I can not be having a fixed different demeanor in NYC and a fixed different demeanor for rest of world cities?

P.P.P.S : My experiences with NYC taxis are worthy of a full book of events and not worthy of a AP post here.

P.P.P.P.S : I have not spent too much time in Eastern Europe. This could be a reason your experiences are different than mine. But few years ago, I lived for 6 months in Lagos, Nigeria and used taxis daily with no bad experiences to report.

M.plexy, now you may proceed to rubbish my post , when you are next online. I am quite sure you will do that, since you must always always have the last word in every discussion. Will use your famous dialogue - "Lets just agree to disagree" :-). I will "not" be replying to your next post, which does not mean I agree to it. Similarly, you may choose to ignore this post of mine, which does not mean you agree to it. I repeat "lets just agree to disagree".

Gandolf50
12-14-12, 13:16
I grew up outside of N. Y. (on the island) and worked in the city for many years. I never had any "major" issues with cabbies. Most issues were caused by the cabbies not speaking good English or they were just over tired, over worked, and generally disagreeable. (not unlike myself at times) But I have to admit I have read plenty of stories in the papers of cabbies preying on tourists (this always amused me as most of the cabbies themselves were newcomers to the US). But I have to admit I NEVER heard of cabbies outright robbing the clients like they do here. People robbing the cabbie? Sure, all the time but not the cabbies robbing the client (outside of overcharging of course). Here I don't take cabs too often, but in ten years I have not had any bad experiences. But I am reading about it in the papers just as all of you are.

Jackson
12-14-12, 13:46
Super cute teenage and 20 something girls are seen on the back of those things all over BKK. They sit on 'em sidesaddle. No harm no foul.apparently.Hey Doggboy, that's the exact same model of scooter I rented while I was in Pattaya for two weeks in July, and I drove more than a few of the girls back to my apartment in just such a fashion.

Of course, tying my comments back to the topic of the thread, I decided to rent the scooter after the 1st couple of days trying to deal with the taxi drivers in Pattaya, every one of them consistently refusing to use their meters and instead wanting to negotiate the fare each and every time I wanted a ride. Fuck them.

Thanks,

Jackson

Tres3
12-14-12, 15:55
.since you must always always have the last word in every discussion. .I am glad that someone else who posts on this board noticed that Mpxey always has to have the last word. He reminds me of the kid that says "not if I see you first" when another kid says "see you later".

Tres3

Mpexy
12-14-12, 16:29
I am glad that someone else who posts on this board noticed that Mpxey always has to have the last word. He reminds me of the kid that says "not if I see you first" when another kid says "see you later".

Tres3That you are glad speaks volumes about the state of your own life.

That you resort to the ultimate refuge of those who can not debate by the merits and content and simply hurl the juvenile 'hah you spoke last' defense is simply LOL.

But oh no, I just replied to a direct poke against me. Must prove your point right?

Since you claimed "always", will you bet a Madahos night on that? All I'd have to show is one single non-reply thread right?

No bet? Didn't think so. Adios kiddo.

Tres3
12-14-12, 19:18
That you are glad speaks volumes about the state of your own life.

That you resort to the ultimate refuge of those who can not debate by the merits and content and simply hurl the juvenile 'hah you spoke last' defense is simply LOL.

But oh no, I just replied to a direct poke against me. Must prove your point right?

Since you claimed "always", will you bet a Madahos night on that? All I'd have to show is one single non-reply thread right?

No bet? Didn't think so. Adios kiddo.I rest my case.

Tres3

Rockin Bob
12-14-12, 21:06
I am a big fan of mototaxis! I spent a lot of time in Fortaleza (northern Brazil) and used them all the time. It's always warm there and seldom rains, so the weather is not a problem.

They're cheap and get through traffic quicker.

True, people do get injured but as with any motorcycle accident its usually due to moronic car drivers who don't look around them.

I usually find a guy who seems capable, not some lunatic trying to shave a few seconds off the trip weaving in and out of traffic and going as fast as possible. I also generally take them at night when there is little traffic on the roads.

Nothing like a bike ride home along the beach avenue as the sun is coming up! Perfect way to end a night of partying.

Mpexy
12-14-12, 23:20
I rest my case.

Tres31. Right below in this thread, member3320 plays the agree to disagree card, that ends discussion far as I'm concerned. No reply to him, hence your "always" is wrong and case is broken.

2. Post #16 to thread http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?7439-quot-Argentina-Private-quot-The-Movie

Toymann replied to mine, since we'd both made our points by then, no point replying further and none from me henceforth. Case was already broken but now you just look weak Tres, continuing to claim you have a case when foolishly embracing such an easily disproved qualifier as "always"

3. Post #299 to thread http://www.argentinaprivate.com/forum/showthread.php?2075-Cocodrillo

Another exchange with Toymann. We both made our replies and counter relies, his last. No point beating a dead horse from then and again, no further "last word" from me.

These are just from recent Dec. List goes on and on through regressing months. Whatever your issue with me is, you'll need better fact base than to call me out on something so foolishly weak to stand on than this. Case. Slam. Dunk and shut.

Gauntlet77
12-16-12, 19:48
Of course I love BA and hangin in the Alamo and Casa Bar. I miss 'them mucho. But here, I have great looking, young, smart, loving Haitiana's for $25 to $40 s.t. or tln. Plus great weather. For some unknown reasons, Argies tolerate CFK in her quest to destroy AR! In BA, I would have to find a new harem, and won't bottom fish with Dick or compete with Toy on the high end! Give us a real devaluation, and I will return. Currently to rent my BA apt, the cost is more than double my rent in Sosua. But I sure miss the BA food and the great guys! Also a huge difference between BA and Sosua. In BA, there is little to do in the afternoon and evening until midnight, while here there is activity all afternoon and huge pick-up activity in all clubs, free entrance, no salida, beginning at 9pm!. H enjoy the pluses. Say Hello, to my good friend Exon as he visits. A couple of ex BAers, are here now enjoying the Haitiana ''fruit'' !I hear what you're saying Sid and I send my best wishes.

For me and many others, after living here for several years, things are just getting interesting. We pick up more Spanish, make more friends who have similar interests, get better at sorting through the chicas to find the gems or a girlfriend, pursue hobbies other than mongering or develop businesses. Some of us have become local celebrities (at least in our own minds!). Put another way, we are optimizing our BsAs experience and getting far more out of our time here than when we first arrived and went to P's Alamo (which will always be the real one in my mind and impossible to duplicate) and sat at the feet of older BsAs hands like you to get tips, counsel and sometimes just empathy when the inevitable argie disaster struck. Hey I remember the time I lost my wallet in a taxi (on topic! LOL) on the way to the Alamo and P loaned me money to tide me over til I got back to the Great White North! Try doing that these days! Yes, you and all the old crew made it possible for me and god knows how many newbies to learn the ropes and stay out of harm's way.

A little publicized feature of hanging with Sid at boliches back in the day was that he had a regularly scheduled harem and when a chica duo approached to make their pitch, you would always get the hot one cause Sid already had one booked. Now that's a wingman! I fondly recall the time we went to Hook together after Sunday night football. Not many customers or chicas, but two chicas were dancing together nearby. I started DFKing the hotter than hot 19 year old Peruana in skintight bluejeans who just started working and Sid graciously occupied her homely companion. I was hangin and bangin with this babe for the next 48 hours (hey I was younger then!) and we caught up with Sid at the legendary Bikini Open competition at the Alamo two nights later.

Happy Trails until we meet again!