PDA

View Full Version : Spanish S.O.S

Nikki
05-18-13, 20:23
So you have been living in Argentina for some time, and still don't quite get Spanish? I understand this can become frustrating, and also, you might become a gringo target. Don't be embarrassed to ask your questions here, I will try my best to help you out. I am a local female who speaks both languages. Because of the nature of this board, I will clarify that I am not a sex worker.

Let's get the ball rolling!

Nikki.

Nikki
05-20-13, 11:32
Ok, the ball is not rolling dammit.

How do you go when let's say you are at some club / coffee place or over the phone and the girl gives you a quote for her services? Let's say she goes.

- Completo? 1200 pesos la hora (I m not expert in girl prices so let's assume this is pretty high).

How do you go about this? (Let's say you don't have many options wherever you are and you want to get a deal!).

I guess you will want to negotiate. You can either try to be funny, mean, whatever you like. I have a few ideas, but hey, what do I know, I m not a monger myself, so I need your help here.

- En serio? (really?).

- Ese precio es solo para mi? (that price is just for me?).

- Eso incluye a dos amigas mas? (that includes two more friends?).

- Podemos cerrar en ochocientos? (do we have a deal at 800?).

What would you say?

Nikki
05-20-13, 11:43
And some more ideas.

- TLN?

- 650 dolares mi amor.

(eeek that sounds a bit steep, and you are meeting this girl at Exedra, she is not even a dancer!).

So you can go:

- Nací de noche pero no anoche (I was born at night, but not last night!).

- Este precio es para alquiler o para comprar? (this price is for lease or buy?).

- Parezco boludo? (Do I look like an idiot?).

Member #3320
05-20-13, 14:08

How do you go when let's say you are at some club / coffee place or over the phone and the girl gives you a quote for her services? Let's say she goes.

- Completo? 1200 pesos la hora (I m not expert in girl prices so let's assume this is pretty high).

How do you go about this? (Let's say you don't have many options wherever you are and you want to get a deal!).

I guess you will want to negotiate. You can either try to be funny, mean, whatever you like. I have a few ideas, but hey, what do I know, I m not a monger myself, so I need your help here.

- En serio? (really?).

What would you say?"en serio" is the best one.

Its one of the most popular expressions of the locals here ( especially the girls). Its short and easy to speak and sounds as if you have been living here for ever.

Additional points if you could copy the hand gestures and facial expressions of the locals when they say "en serio"!

TejanoLibre
05-20-13, 18:13

- En serio? (really?).

What would you say?That's all funny and helpful at times but still the MOST important factor is whether the girl can perform worth a shit and if she has a proven track record on the forums.

If their lips are moving then chances are that they are lying!

That is why we ask each other questions about the girls that we have been with, to avoid the lame fucks and to pass around the recommended Chicas.

No amount of translation or negotiation will ever guarantee you an excellent ride! We want to know if the girl can do a great job ! Nothing else . Maybe price and time but that's easy .

TL.

Nor will a highly recommended Chica always be a 10 fuck. That may actually depend on Onda that most people lack anyway.

PS- I was talking to a group of Chicas the other night and they all want to pay me to teach them Hooker English 3 times a week .
Maybe 5 or 6 girls per class .

Sounds like fun ! Specially when they show up late to MY classroom !

They have been doing it in Brazil for a while , getting ready for the World Cup and the Olympics .

Look it up .

Daddy Rulz
05-20-13, 18:32
That's all funny and helpful at times but still the MOST important factor is whether the girl can perform worth a shit and if she has a proven track record on the forums.

That is why we ask each other questions about the girls that we have been with, to avoid the lame fucks and to pass around the recommended Chicas.

No amount of translation or negotiation will ever guarantee you an excellent ride! We want to know if the girl can do a great job ! Nothing else . Maybe price and time but that's easy .

TL.

Nor will a highly recommended Chica always be a 10 fuck. That may actually depend on Onda that most people lack anyway.

PS- I was talking to a group of Chicas the other night and they all want to pay me to teach them Hooker English 3 times a week .

They have been doing it in Brazil for a while , getting ready for the World Cup and the Olympics .

Look it up .Dude why harsh the chica, she's trying to get something going and you got to pee in her cheerios?

TejanoLibre
05-20-13, 18:49
Dude why harsh the chica, she's trying to get something going and you got to pee in her cheerios?I think it's a good thing for the Boys to learn Spanish but we don't want the girls to learn a lot of English.

That can't be a good thing.

Talking is talking and being able to say that Estrella sucks a mean dick is another thing all together if you don't have a dick.

I welcome her humor and I hope she can have fun with it too.

Nothing else.

TL.

Nikki
05-20-13, 19:03
You are dead on right. It is all about how much you enjoy your session, however minimizing the risks is not a bad idea. Let's say you are exploring on your own, and you get a crazy quote, but still want to try, you might want to pay a fair price and then if it is no good, well, you move on. But if you get the gringo price AND are disappointed then it is double frustration.

Word of mouth, sharing experiences, etc is great, but some people like to explore for themselves, especially if they have known the scene for a while, so here are some tools.

I think that despite chicas are working, they are women, and a bit of talking could add to the onda. And before you ask, yes, I knew girls that worked.

Nikki.

That's all funny and helpful at times but still the MOST important factor is whether the girl can perform worth a shit and if she has a proven track record on the forums.

TL.

Look it up .

Nikki
05-20-13, 19:05
HAhaha I don't think I would ever be able to tell whether Estrella sucks a mean dick or not LOL.

I think it's a good thing for the Boys to learn Spanish but we don't want the girls to learn a lot of English.

That can't be a good thing.

Talking is talking and being able to say that Estrella sucks a mean dick is another thing all together if you don't have a dick.

I welcome her humor and I hope she can have fun with it too.

Nothing else.

TL.

Nikki
05-20-13, 19:06
Dude why harsh the chica, she's trying to get something going and you got to pee in her cheerios?No peeing on the cheerios dammit! .

TejanoLibre
05-20-13, 19:38
No peeing on the cheerios dammit! .Always hated Cheerios!

Tasteless little fuckers!

Have Fun Dear.

TL.

Spassmusssein
05-20-13, 21:53
...recently, in Castellano when I asked two waiters in one of my favorite restos, what is the difference in between "avidez", "avaricia" and "codicia". They had no idea.

Semejante cosa me pasó when I asked about the meaning of "loquaz".

For that, I pay 600 P.S. X TLN and will never need a helpfully interested nic called: "Nikkkki".
P.D.@Jackson: the auto-correction of this board is absolutely senseless.

Don B
05-20-13, 22:09
...recently, in Castellano when I asked two waiters in one of my favorite restos, what is the difference in between "avidez", "avaricia" and "codicia". They had no idea.

For that, I pay 600 P.S. X TLN and will never need a helpfully interested nic called: "Nikkkki".
P.D.@Jackson: the auto-correction of this board is absolutely senseless.

You mean like how I edit each of my posts to change be. Back to B.

Don B.

DavieW
05-20-13, 22:34
the auto-correction of this board is absolutely senseless.Drives me round the f**king bend!

Never seen anything like it and I've been on hundreds of different boards / forums over the last 20 years!

Nikki
05-21-13, 11:14

P.D.@Jackson: the auto-correction of this board is absolutely senseless.Spassmusssein, those are some tricky ones, now you did make your fave waiters sweat it, didn't you? Your Spanish sounds pretty refined, you evidently must be locuaz! Now have you shared the name of the 600 peso TLN girl or you got greedy? Avaro ;)

Spassmusssein
05-22-13, 19:15
-dear "Nikki" is absolutely the wrong word, talking about women. Or prices for going out TLN.
Maybe or not you know the movie "Harvey" where Jimmi Steward told the psyycatrist:
"My mother always said to me: "Elwood"...in this world you only can survive being even smart, or pleasant".
Many years I was successfull beeing smart.
Now I prefer beeing pleasant.
You may quote me".

As I am pleasant and "loquaz" I go out at a smart price. But that is just my personal ringeding.
Forum-members that got into contact and are, in my opinion, also "pleasant" will always share the places I go.
If you need that in castellano I will traduce it 4 free 4 you.
P.D. @ Jackson: I hate your autocorreccion and I am not alone! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nikki
05-22-13, 19:36
I was just kiddin'and yes, few days posting here and WTF is wrong with that auto corrector?

-dear "Nikki" is absolutely the wrong word, talking about women. Or prices for going out TLN.
Maybe or not you know the movie "Harvey" where Jimmi Steward told the psyycatrist:
"My mother always said to me: "Elwood"...in this world you only can survive being even smart, or pleasant".
Many years I was successfull beeing smart.
Now I prefer beeing pleasant.
You may quote me".

As I am pleasant and "loquaz" I go out at a smart price. But that is just my personal ringeding.
Forum-members that got into contact and are, in my opinion, also "pleasant" will always share the places I go.
If you need that in castellano I will traduce it 4 free 4 you.
P.D. @ Jackson: I hate your autocorreccion and I am not alone! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dickhead
05-24-13, 01:17
El calcetín (la media) y el pene estaban charlando y el pene preguntó al calcetín: 'Che qué honda ¿cómo andan tus cosas?'

El calcetín contestó: 'Como siempre: me mete en la mañana, todo el día estoy bien apretado en el calzado hasta me saca en la noche.'

El pene respondió: 'Mi situación es distinta. Todo el día cuelgo suelto pero en la noche me mete me saca me mete me saca ...'

Dickhead
05-24-13, 01:42
El sacerdote está escuchando a los jovenes mientras se confiesan y de repente tiene que mear. Para no interrumpir a la sesión, él agarra al portero y le manda sustituirse por un ratitito. El portero hace buen trabajo por la mayoría, balbuceando algunos castigos y todo esto. Pero en seguida entra una adolescente que confiesa que: 'Padre, lo otorgué a mi novio una chupadita.' Semejantes cosas siendo fuera de su experiencia, el portero pide a la joven que lo espere y sale rápido en busco de consejo. Encontrando a un monaguillo, lo pregunta '¿Sabés qué da el sacerdote por una chupadita?'

El monaguillo responde: 'Diez pesitos y un alfajor.'

Try running that fucker through your Google translator!

Aqualung
05-24-13, 04:09
El sacerdote está escuchando a los jovenes mientras se confiesan y de repente tiene que mear. Para no interrumpir a la sesión, él agarra al portero y le manda sustituirse por un ratitito. El portero hace buen trabajo por la mayoría, balbuceando algunos castigos y todo esto. Pero en seguida entra una adolescente que confiesa que: 'Padre, lo otorgué a mi novio una chupadita.' Semejantes cosas siendo fuera de su experiencia, el portero pide a la joven que lo espere y sale rápido en busco de consejo. Encontrando a un monaguillo, lo pregunta '¿Sabés qué da el sacerdote por una chupadita?'

El monaguillo responde: 'Diez pesitos y un alfajor.'

Try running that fucker through your Google translator!Dick, there are two mistakes in this example. 1st is "otorgar" instead of "dar". Otorgar has a more legal meaning while Dar is just that: "GIVE". Second, you still have problems with LE and LO. "Lo otorgue a mi novio una chupadita" in Argentine Spanish would be "Le di a mi novio una chupadita". "LO" is a direct object while the indirect object you want to use here is "LE".

Aqualung
05-24-13, 04:24
Dick, there are two mistakes in this example. 1st is "otorgar" instead of "dar". Otorgar has a more legal meaning while Dar is just that: "GIVE". Second, you still have problems with LE and LO. "Lo otorgue a mi novio una chupadita" in Argentine Spanish would be "Le di a mi novio una chupadita". "LO" is a direct object while the indirect object you want to use here is "LE".

El calcetín (la media) y el pene estaban charlando y el pene preguntó al calcetín: 'Che qué honda ¿cómo andan tus cosas?'

El calcetín contestó: 'Como siempre: me mete en la mañana, todo el día estoy bien apretado en el calzado hasta me saca en la noche.'

El pene respondió: 'Mi situación es distinta. Todo el día cuelgo suelto pero en la noche me mete me saca me mete me saca ...'Another very common mistake is using "HONDA" which means"SLING" (or a Jap motorbike) instead of "ONDA" which means wave. ¿QUE ONDA? Could be translated as "What's up?" while (¿Que Honda?) would mean What sling or what motorbike?

Yujin
05-24-13, 04:45
Nikki..

I appreciate your offering to education us on the language and customs of Argentina.

There is one delicate subject that I have encountered and that's when a woman is having her menstrual period. If she says "período de menstruacion" or something similar, I can usually figure it out. It's when they use colloquial or idiomatic words or phrases to tell me that it's their menstrual period that things get confusing for me. So what colloquial or idiomatic words or phrases will an Argentinean women use to tell you that it's her menstrual period. For example, in the US, a woman would say "Aunt Flo is visiting.

Aqualung
05-24-13, 05:23
Nikki..

I appreciate your offering to education us on the language and customs of Argentina.

There is one delicate subject that I have encountered and that's when a woman is having her menstrual period. If she says "período de menstruacion" or something similar, I can usually figure it out. It's when they use colloquial or idiomatic words or phrases to tell me that it's their menstrual period that things get confusing for me. So what colloquial or idiomatic words or phrases will an Argentinean women use to tell you that it's her menstrual period. For example, in the US, a woman would say "Aunt Flo is visiting.Hahahahaah. Good question. Argie women will say "tengo visita de Andres" Rhymed with: "viene una vez por mes". I have Andres visiting, he comes once a month. So usually just mentioning "Andres" is enough.

Nikki
05-24-13, 10:43
Nikki..

There is one delicate subject that I have encountered and that's when a woman is having her menstrual period. If she says "período de menstruacion" or something similar, I can usually figure it out. It's when they use colloquial or idiomatic words or phrases to tell me that it's their menstrual period that things get confusing for me. So what colloquial or idiomatic words or phrases will an Argentinean women use to tell you that it's her menstrual period. For example, in the US, a woman would say "Aunt Flo is visiting.Oh yes, most woman would not refer as it as her menstruation or menstrual period (mainly doctors would say that).

They would say:

Estoy con Andres.

Estoy indispuesta.

Estoy en " esos dias ".

Estoy con el periodo.

Those are the most common ways to refer to the menstrual period in Argentina.

As for Estoy con Andres, it comes from " Andres, el que viene una vez por mes " (I am with Andrew, he who comes once a month) Now I hope your chica is not actually with some guy called Andres hehehhe.

Nikki
05-24-13, 10:48
Another very common mistake is using "HONDA" which means"SLING" (or a Jap motorbike) instead of "ONDA" which means wave. ¿QUE ONDA? Could be translated as "What's up?" while (¿Que Honda?) would mean What sling or what motorbike?Well, this is correct, however as the " h " is mute in Spanish, when talking you won't notice any difference. I have the feeling that few guys on the board write letters to the girls heheheh.

Dickhead
05-24-13, 12:11
Thanks. I used otorgar because that is what the Argie who told me the joke used. I know it means like 'grant' in English. I figured it was used to imply that she was doing the guy a big favor or something. Honda and onda, I know the difference but I screw that up a lot. 'Le' vs. 'lo' is a problem for me because the difference is regional; in Spain they use 'le' where in other places they use 'lo'. But I need to remember that when you have the redundant construction it is 'le.' And then to complicate matters there are verbs where you have to use 'le' when you would otherwise use 'lo,' like 'mandar' and several others. I'm trying to speak a more generic Spanish but I learned bits and pieces in so many places, it is pretty challenging. Le and lo, I don't think I will ever get that quite right, especially since 'right' depends on where you are!

Nikki
05-24-13, 12:27
Thanks. I used otorgar because that is what the Argie who told me the joke used. I know it means like 'grant' in English. I figured it was used to imply that she was doing the guy a big favor or something. Honda and onda, I know the difference but I screw that up a lot. 'Le' vs. 'lo' is a problem for me because the difference is regional; in Spain they use 'le' where in other places they use 'lo'. But I need to remember that when you have the redundant construction it is 'le.' And then to complicate matters there are verbs where you have to use 'le' when you would otherwise use 'lo,' like 'mandar' and several others. I'm trying to speak a more generic Spanish but I learned bits and pieces in so many places, it is pretty challenging. Le and lo, I don't think I will ever get that quite right, especially since 'right' depends on where you are!This is true, Spanish has variations across different countries and even within the same country in different regions. Also in some places, structures that are grammatically incorrect are widely accepted and used so it can get tricky.

Daddy Rulz
05-24-13, 12:37
Hahahahaah. Good question. Argie women will say "tengo visita de Andres" Rhymed with: "viene una vez por mes". I have Andres visiting, he comes once a month. So usually just mentioning "Andres" is enough.Because some of us know an Andres. If this is true Aqualung (and I have no doubt it is) why in the world would anybody ever name a boy child Andres here? I used to think chicas were telling me they were being faithful to one of our brother on this board. LOL

Dickhead
05-24-13, 12:42
Yeah, like in Bolivia they never use the preterite. I've noticed that Argies seldom use the future tense, only the ir + infinitive construction. Also in Argentina and some other parts of South America, where a Spaniard would use a perfect tense (no has comido nada), the South American uses the preterite (no comiste nada). Argies say dale dale dale all the time while Spaniards say vale vale vale all the time. The clearest and easiest to understand Spanish I have heard (I have been to all the Spanish-speaking countries in South America, México, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Panamá, and Spain) was in Colombia. You could take an Argie and drop them in Puerto Rico and they would not be able understand a damn thing and most likely vice versa. They swallow all their esses and then to make up for that, they put unneeded and incorrect esses at the end of other words (pusistes, volvistes, etc).

Dickhead
05-24-13, 12:45
Oh, it's true, Daddy. I remember one time that nasty chick from Exedra that always wore the cowboy hat said that to me after I introduced myself, assuming I would not know what it meant. Of course, I did. What a skank.

DavieW
05-24-13, 12:51
There's a meme of a Will Ferrell tweet doing the rounds at the moment which I thought was quite amusing:

"Mi papá tiene 47 años. My father is 47 years old.

Mi papa tiene 47 anos. My potato has 47 assholes.

I love Spanish! "

Don B
05-24-13, 12:51
This is true, Spanish has variations across different countries and even within the same country in different regions. Also in some places, structures that are grammatically incorrect are widely accepted and used so it can get tricky.

One cold night in Toronto one of my Canadian reps took me to a Colombian restaurant. He was born in Spain, grew up in Venezuela, went to school in the US and then became a Canadian citizen. It was a slow night at the restaurant so the owner, a Colombian woman, and my rep engaged in a conversation in Spanish. At one point they burst into laughter and asked what was so funny. He said "she asked me where I learned Spanish and I said Spain".

Don B.

Dickhead
05-24-13, 13:03
Your potato could have 47 assholes, but your pope could also have 47 assholes (el papa vs. la papa). Maybe that would be the College of Cardinals?

Nikki
05-24-13, 14:18
Oh, it's true, Daddy. I remember one time that nasty chick from Exedra that always wore the cowboy hat said that to me after I introduced myself, assuming I would not know what it meant. Of course, I did. What a skank.There you go, Argentine customer service at its best!

Nikki
05-24-13, 18:54
This is one interesting piece of slang.

Cabeza= Head.

Cabeza. Slang= refers to trash, as in white trash.

So if anybody calls you for example gordo cabeza, gringo cabeza, etc, they are not being nice or friendly.

There are some wildcards when you curse and this is one of them. Another common one, apart from the well known " de mierda" is " del orto ". These two mean " fucking " as in fucking idiot.

Mix and match.

Dickhead
05-24-13, 22:19
And if you get tired of using 'cabeza' for head you can go with 'bocho.' ¡No seas gil, usá el bocho!

'Para evitar el aborto,
Coger por el orto.'

That is a famous poem by Alfonsina Storni, I think.

The funniest graffiti I ever saw in Argentina, at eye level over a mass urinal:

'Hermano:
Qué nunca tengas en el orto la que ya tenés en la mano.'

Aqualung
05-24-13, 23:41
And if you get tired of using 'cabeza' for head you can go with 'bocho.' ¡No seas gil, usá el bocho!Bocho is also commonly used as intelligent such as in "El es un bocho" He is intelligent. Other common words for head are sabiola, mate, cucusa, sesera. There are many more but not so commonly used now. You can find many of them in tango lyrics.

Aqualung
05-24-13, 23:52
Because some of us know an Andres. If this is true Aqualung (and I have no doubt it is) why in the world would anybody ever name a boy child Andres here? I used to think chicas were telling me they were being faithful to one of our brother on this board. LOLI can't help it but when someone introduces me to an Andres I visualize him dripping blood all over the place but that's no worse than naming a boy Richard knowing that sooner or later he's going to be called Dick!

Dickhead
05-25-13, 00:42
Bocho is also commonly used as intelligent such as in "El es un bocho" He is intelligent. Other common words for head are sabiola, Whereas sabio / a also means intelligent or knowledgeable.

Aqualung
05-25-13, 13:39
Whereas sabio / a also means intelligent or knowledgeable.Yes, sabio would be the correct word. Bocho is just colloquial.

Dickhead
05-28-13, 04:49
I meant I think 'sabiola' came from 'sabio.' 'Mate' is a new one for head, but I am imagining one upside down and you do kind of have the head, the neck, and the shoulders.

Aqualung
05-29-13, 03:47
I meant I think 'sabiola' came from 'sabio.' 'Mate' is a new one for head, but I am imagining one upside down and you do kind of have the head, the neck, and the shoulders.Mate is an old expression. It's quite common to call someone with a big head "Amanecer en el campo" the reason: "Puro mate".

Dickhead
05-29-13, 04:52
Hmm. 'Country dawn' or the Sun. Coming up over the horizon and looking like a big head and shoulders? Like the shape of an upside down mate? That's about as close as I can come to that one. Perhaps a cultural difference would be that in some other cultures they might possibly not remind you constantly of your physical shortcomings. The official forum pelotudo, Caricosa, talked so lovingly about how Argies call each other midget and darkie and fatty and skinny and all of that. This is an example of the Argentine tendency to worship cultural elements that actually suck.

[Forum Complaint deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: The general posting sections of the Forum are not the place to voice your personal complaints about the Forum's rules or operating procedures. In the future, please send any complaints about the Forum to me personally by email or PM, or post them in the Comment on Forum Rules section. Thanks!

Nikki
05-29-13, 09:44
Jackson's shit eating, kunt lapping, butt fucking auto correct software has now apparently decided that anyone who talks about the star that is the center of our solar system will now be assumed to be abbreviating the seventh day of the week, thereby attaining a new all time low.

So fix that and I will see you all in a few years.Rotflol, this was like a pice of poetry! Come on Dickman, don't let it leave you out.

As a side note, another local slang word for head is " balero " (cup-and-ball) It is a bit old fashioned, but you can still hear it in tango circles.

Nikki
06-11-13, 19:13
I see very little interest in this topic... Maybe everybody is fluent in Spanish already or just speaks the language of love.

Gandolf50
06-11-13, 20:07
I see very little interest in this topic... Maybe everybody is fluent in Spanish already or just speaks the language of love.Most people on this board speak only a little spanish. At the same time, there are many threads and very few see a lot of posting. Unless of course you want to discuss politics.

Nikki
06-11-13, 20:44
Most people on this board speak only a little spanish. At the same time, there are many threads and very few see a lot of posting. Unless of course you want to discuss politics.**Sigh** I love politics, but I donñt know a lot about US politics, and here, oh well, you know here, the queen, the s**t, I would just curse a lot heheheh.

Gandolf50
06-11-13, 20:46
**Sigh** I love politics, but I donñt know a lot about US politics, and here, oh well, you know here, the queen, the s**t, I would just curse a lot heheheh.I think there is a thread here on Argentine politics, if you can't find it start a new one.