PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Year-End Report

Hollywood124
07-07-13, 02:26
2012 12 31 ISG Year-End Report.

Hey Jackson, WT (World Travel), TL (Tejano Libre) and all the other members, I'm sorry I forgot all of the many members' names I have met over the years and apologies for the late report! I had the flu, got better, was given a flu shot and I got the flu again. Also, there was an illness in the family that I had to tend to.

I had a great year of Hobbying in 2012 and on a Budget too! I used my Frequent Flyer Miles and Hotel Points so I had only spend money on food and of course Hobbying. I went to "BKK" (Bangkok, Thailand),"LIM" (Lima, Peru) and of course "EZE" (Buenos Aires, Argentina). Oh, I forgot to thank the members who recommended tips that made my trips much easier. On the "BKK" ISG site I asked for suggestions from" Luvpuss" and "Bangkok Banger" and on the "LIM" Lima, Peru ISG site I had contacted "David33", who has his own Blog on the Lima ISG site. Thanks to all of you, 2012 was a great Hobbying year for me! Really without you "Luvpuss", "Bangkok Banger" and "David 33" I would not have had a wonderful time in "BKK" and "LIM". In "EZE", thanks to "Jackson", who has the coolest bachelor's pad with a Strippers Pole as the center-piece of the living room!, "WT" (World Travel69),thanks for all the notes, maps and suggestion you give on this forum and the other two forums. I met you last time at the Madeline Café, but I was so jetlagged I went back to my hotel to get some rest. Let me take you to lunch one day. And "TL" (Tejano Libre) how are you man? I hope you are doing better? I have some peanut butter, beef Jerky and Macadamia nuts for you. I'll call you tomorrow. The recommendations from you all in "EZE" have made the difference and I always have a good time.

In 2012 thought I would be a "Smart-Ass" and do an "EXPOSE" (accent on the second "E", sorry, I do not know how to put the accent on the "E" or the Tilde on the "N" [Spanish enye] using MS windows) on just ONE Privado (Private Apartment). The Privado was "Gozanos" 343 Uruguay #1. I was dying of the Flu (Flu code name H3N3 according to Dr. Sanjay Gupta NBC medical correspondent) but I had to try my best for the team. At the time it was the end of November, 2012 and only "Donas" (tilde on the "N"and, pronounced Donyas in Mexico) or "Maduras" here in "EZE" ["GRANIES/OLDIES!"] were available. Four were all overweight and not very attractive and one was somewhat good-looking with a nice figure. So, while fighting the Flu I crawled to 343 Uruguay each day for 5 days of hobbying with 5 different girls it was a very difficult task but I had to do it for the team!

The cost for one hour was 150,000 ARG. This is a discount Privado, very old and not very clean. I do not think most members would want to attend this one. All pictures on their web-site were Photo-Shopped and when you saw them in person you would have probably fainted from fright! The 4 "Gorditas" (fatties) were that scary! (Again, I did it for the team! And the one slim one was very nice to me and we had a good time. The "Gozanos" web-site has been down for several months now.

I had just read the AP (Argentine Private) ISG posts on 343 Uruguay #1 and Kazzooey said it was closed.

Kazzooey Senior Member Posts107 02-26-2013 #223.

"Actually, not clear whether this privado is still open or has moved I was just by there and there was a little note on their buzzer that said they had moved. No other indication." (Quote / unquote).

Today, July 06,2013 I did check out 343 Uruguay #1 (Uruguay near Corrientes) I had entered the building when a delivery man was entering and knocked on the door. No one answered. Also, 343 Uruguay #2 had a note on the buzzer that said they had moved. I do not know what happened. I did have so many good times with many of the ladies and with at a discount also. If you could over-look the interior and the uncleanliness it was a so-so place. Again, it was only 150,000 ARG so you can't expect much, but I did have so many nice times over the years. I did meet so many nice and pretty ladies from Paraguay, I sure will miss them.

Yesterday, I had arrived late to the EZE airport late due to a 3 hour delay on my one stop-over. As usual, I as I had exited the X-Ray security line I walked to the right side and I stopped at the Manuel Tienda Leon bus service (now called Tienda Leon). I bought my ticket,exited the airport and walked staight for 50 yards then I turned left 10 yards to the Tienda Leon bus stop. The bus took me to the Tienda Leon Station in Madero, and a 4 passenger taxi mini van took me to my hotel. It was 90ARG. I gave the baggage handlers at the airport and at the Madero station some American sport soap bars as a tip and also to my taxi driver. I have never seen anyone give the workers at the Tienda Leon Airport sevice tips; they are always nice to me and gave me great service so I wanted to give them a little something from the USA.

One time I had to wait over 4 hours at the EZE airport due to a big accident on the freeway leading to the airport.

Also, I had many delays because of protesters blocking main intersections in the city and it took 2 to 3 hours to get to the EZE airport so you should give yourself several hours before leaving for the EZE airport. I always call the Tienda Leon bus service before I go to the airport and ask if there are any accidents or protests several hours before I go to the airport.

I did find a tiny flyer on a telephone pole and went to Viamonte 845 10 "E" and there was a fat older-looking lady. I started to leave and the lady said she wanted 40 ARG for me to look. I just took off.

I also saw another flyer for Suipacha 774 1 "D" and saw another fat older-looking lady and left ASAP.

I next went to the Personel Cellphone store and asked why my cell would not work. The Personel agent said if you do not recharge the cell before 3 months the Sim Card is shut down. I only come to EZE once or twice a year only so I decided to go to Movistar where the agent told me the Sim Card will not be deleted if I recharge once a year. So for 30 Pesos ARG I bought a Movistar Sim Card and I was told that my cell would work after 30 minutes.

I was staving so I pasted by a Chinese market started saying a few Chinese words to the owner and then I asked him if he would change US Dollars for me. He said 7.0 PesosARG to the Dollar. I said thanks in Chinese and started walking down the street. But I was really hungry and I didn't want to walk to Florida Street where they have agents soliciting for Change houses (around 7.90 PesosARG to the dollar) and went back to the Chinese store and had changed a few Dollars for dinner. After dinner, my Movistar Cellphone was not working so I went back to the Movistar store. They were just closing the doors and told me to come back tomorrow. So today, I went back to the Movistar store and they gave me a new Sim card and with 150 minutes free. What a deal!

I always go to a small restaurant on Suipacha with Corrientes for a steak dinner. The steak was great! But the price has gone up 30ARG in six months, wow, what inflation. I paid 150,000ARG six months ago, now they charge 180,000 ARG. I think it's time to find a new steak house.

For dessert, I used to go to Cadare Ice cream store on Corrientes with Callao. Six months ago the charged 24ARG for 2 scoops but their Ice cream changed from "Creamy" to a more "Icy" Ice cream. They are putting less cream and more water now. And just a couple of years ago they charged 12ARG for 2 scoops. Again, I think it's time to find a new Ice cream shop.

I did buy some pizza from my favorite pizza house called Guerrin. (on Corrientes with Uruguay). I had the Guerrin Special with ham, olives, bell peppers and lot of Mozzarella cheese. For the large Special is 85ARG. Also, Guerrin's desserts are very, very good! There is always a ton of people there.

At the Carrefour Super Market on Corrientes at 9 de Julio I saw my cute cashier friend I always visit. I gave her a little "Garfield" the Cat doll.

Funny, I did see some old ladies on Corrientes taking down all the little advertisements from the Privados glued on all the telephone poles, walls and trash bins. So I thought "OH NO, there must be some American Puritans here taking down all the advertisings on Corrientes!" Well, look, in Hollywood, California they is NO sex allowed, if you solicit sex, you can be arrested! I guess that's why it called "Sex Prison" in Hollywood and in the USA. And meat is not allowed, you can only eat Salad and Tofu! That's why I like to come to Buenos Aires, Argentina every year! EZE is one of my favorite places to hobby and to eat! Good luck to all, your fellow hobbyist, Hollywood!

Report on EZE 2013 hobbying to follow..