PDA

View Full Version : Busquebus and Colonia

Boston
08-18-13, 18:06
Going soon and I want to ask my fellow mongers for some info on visiting Colonia for the day. Is it easier just to go to the terminal a few days before and buy a round trip ticket for the day or should I book on the web? It seems like the prices I have been seeing on the web are in Uruguay pesos. Any differences in classes shown? I want to get the fast boat so I would think for an hour or so the cheaper ticket would be ok. Any advantage to joining a tour there or is it small enough to just do it on your own? OK, last thing. A good recommendation for lunch while there.

Thanks in advance.

Tres3
08-18-13, 18:19
Do a search and you will find a lot of information that has been posted on this forum.

Tres3.

Tres3
08-18-13, 18:35
If you buy your ticket at the downtown office, you can pay cash in pesos and take advantage of the exchange rate. If you buy online with a credit card that is denominated in dollars, you will receive the official rate, less whatever the credit card company charges. Some credit cards are pretty onerous. They charge both a currency conversion fee and a foreign transaction fee.

Tres3.

Paladin
08-18-13, 18:41
The easiest and cheapest way to commute to Colonia is by buying your tickets through Seacat ...the broker's office is located on Cordoba 722 at Esmeralda (4322-9555)...the tickets are about half price for a round trip 352 pesos... I go about every two or three weeks...best value... You will need your passport or DNI to purchase the tickets and they are non-refundable...good luck...

BTW..you go on the Buquebus Ferry from the BuqueBus Terminal at the same ferry times... I think Seacat is a ticket consolidator...regardless its much cheaper and pay in pesos...

Daddy Rulz
08-18-13, 19:48
If you buy your ticket at the downtown office, you can pay cash in pesos and take advantage of the exchange rate. If you buy online with a credit card that is denominated in dollars, you will receive the official rate, less whatever the credit card company charges. Some credit cards are pretty onerous. They charge both a currency conversion fee and a foreign transaction fee.

Tres3.But the price also used to be higher online. Higher price + (fucked exchanged rate X fees from your CC company). Convenience of doing it online=Going to the ticket office and buying there. (For me).

Boston
08-19-13, 19:08
But the price also used to be higher online. Higher price + (fucked exchanged rate X fees from your CC company). Convenience of doing it online=Going to the ticket office and buying there. (For me).Thanks Guys, I think I just saved some money.