PDA

View Full Version : Car for sale in Buenos Aires

Easy Go
10-04-13, 03:55
A friend of mine is selling his car. Hyundai i10, grey, 2010,23,600 km. $AR75,000. Clean except for a scrape on one wheel well. Available immediately. PM me if interested.

TejanoLibre
10-05-13, 11:58
A friend of mine is selling his car. Hyundai i10, grey, 2010,23,600 km. $AR75,000. Clean except for a scrape on one wheel well. Available immediately. PM me if interested.Please don't take this personally but BA is the only place that I know of where you can buy a new car and sell it for more than you paid for it years Later!

I have NO idea what these cost new or used but maybe some of the other Boys can enlighten us to the phenom down here concerning cars.

Thanks ,

TL.

Easy Go
10-05-13, 16:10
Not my car, my sale, or my country so no offense taken.

It sold and only took a couple of days so it must have been a reasonable price. I doubt he sold it for more than he paid in real terms but I wouldn't be surprised if it held its value better than pesos in an Argentine bank. I went car shopping with him once and things he took for granted seemed damn peculiar to me. For example, there were almost no new cars in stock and ordering a new car required putting down a substantial deposit for an uncertain delivery date far in the future without a guaranteed delivery price. I suspect some of that was because he wanted an import but he had a low opinion of cars made in Argentina (which is actually a big car exporter, mostly to Brazil). A used, late-model import in good mechanical condition is in high demand so commands a high resale price.

They have these funky car buying clubs run by dealers where you make monthly car payments but don't actually get a car until the stars align in some mysterious way. I'd guess Argentina isn't an attractive market to most foreign car companies so they are not high on the priority list for deliveries.

I think everybody that lives in Argentina would agree that imported goods are more expensive for inferior quality than in countries like the US.

Gandolf50
10-05-13, 21:47
Not my car, my sale, or my country so no offense taken.

It sold and only took a couple of days so it must have been a reasonable price. I doubt he sold it for more than he paid in real terms but I wouldn't be surprised if it held its value better than pesos in an Argentine bank. I went car shopping with him once and things he took for granted seemed damn peculiar to me. For example, there were almost no new cars in stock and ordering a new car required putting down a substantial deposit for an uncertain delivery date far in the future without a guaranteed delivery price. I suspect some of that was because he wanted an import but he had a low opinion of cars made in Argentina (which is actually a big car exporter, mostly to Brazil). A used, late-model import in good mechanical condition is in high demand so commands a high resale price.

They have these funky car buying clubs run by dealers where you make monthly car payments but don't actually get a car until the stars align in some mysterious way. I'd guess Argentina isn't an attractive market to most foreign car companies so they are not high on the priority list for deliveries.

I think everybody that lives in Argentina would agree that imported goods are more expensive for inferior quality than in countries like the US.Buying a car here is enough to give you ulcers if you did not already have them. It doesn't help that the rules change every six months. I am on my third car here and my first two sold for the same price that I paid for them. Buying a car here should only be cash on the barrel unless you want to pay double or more with interest and "hidden " costs.

Nikki
10-05-13, 22:06
Please don't take this personally but BA is the only place that I know of where you can buy a new car and sell it for more than you paid for it years Later!

I have NO idea what these cost new or used but maybe some of the other Boys can enlighten us to the phenom down here concerning cars.

Thanks ,

TL.I guess that has to do with raging inflation: buy it in 2011 for 50000 sell it 2013 for 65000 (pondering 25% yearly inflation minus car use).