PDA

View Full Version : Reliable car service?

Tree Top
07-20-14, 23:18
Does anyone know a good car service that takes reservations and will wait for you after customs.

DavieW
07-20-14, 23:25
Does anyone know a good car service that takes reservations and will wait for you after customs.www.silverstarcar.com

Fred's your man!

Tree Top
07-21-14, 00:34
www.silverstarcar.com

Fred's your man!Holy smokes 120 USD. That seems like a lot to get to the city.

Silver Star
07-21-14, 01:25
Holy smokes 120 USD. That seems like a lot to get to the city.Hi current EZE to City fare is $150 USD, thanks, which is in line with similar premium chauffeured services in English.

Tree Top
07-21-14, 02:04
Hi current EZE to City fare is $150 USD, thanks, which is in line with similar premium chauffeured services in English.Thanks for the info. I think I will try one of the shuttle buses.

TejanoLibre
07-21-14, 03:00
Does anyone know a good car service that takes reservations and will wait for you after customs.Fred is your man!

No doubt about it.

TL.

Daddy Rulz
07-21-14, 03:01
Holy smokes 120 USD. That seems like a lot to get to the city.Yes there are a lot of other options that are a lot cheaper. Tazi Eze is like 300 pesos, Manuel Tienda Leon cheaper still, hell you can do like brother Dickhead used to and take the #8 bus for like 10 pesos. If you have been here a lot the first two are fine, I wouldn't take the #8 unless you have been here a LOT. If it's your first time they aren't hard to figure out, but they take longer depending on how busy they are when you get here. Sometimes you walk up to the counter, lay down a couple violetas and walk out the door and jump in a car. I have talked to guys that have waited 30-40 minutes for a car. You can wait up to 30 (I think) for M T L.

What you pay him for is reliability, if you make the contract he will be there, no question about it, he'll be there holding your sign. If you want some pesos in an envelope he will have them. If you have a special girl you want him to pick up on the way out he will do it. I've ridden in the car, it's a great car, but it's really not about the car, it's about the service. He will do exactly what he says he will do, each and every time without fail. One doesn't have to read too deeply into the forum to see how rare that is in Argentina.

I've never understood why he even gets involved in the price discussion. I've used other drivers on this forum, mostly chicks with big hooters and they were lucky to come through 50% of the time. He shows up, every time, early end of story.

If that's not important to you, then yes, it's a lot more. If you're the kind of person that luxury, reliability, and time are more important than money, then he's your guy.

I didn't mean to make this sound like an ad, but at times the Silver Star bashing irritates me. (Not that you were doing it, but it usually shows up from the usual suspects at about this time in the conversation).

Stranger
07-21-14, 05:29
I have had one of the other "reliable" taxi services not meeting me, only happened once and I obviously never use them again.

I have been taking the cars just inside the arrival hall and never had any problems.

Grabbed taxis of the street hit and miss but no major drama.

Never taken the buss, if my budget was that low I could probably not afford the flight!

But with Fred it is a different deal. He will be there, period! Need a working phone chip with credits? He will sort it out. (Probably get you a phone too). Pesos to better rate than you can probably get in Florida? He got it in the car for you, he even sign his pesos! Want your favorite girl meeting you? He will sort that out.

When I arrive in BA I had a loooong and crap trip. All I want is to get to my place and get into the grove. With Fred I save plenty of time, I get my pesos and telephone credits sorted out. Nice clean car with cold drinks.

It always amazes me people birching about a few insignificant dollars once or twice on a trip, but spending millions in a lifetime on shit!

Besides Fred is a really nice guy.

Stranger.

Tres3
07-21-14, 09:32
Fred costs more, but he gives you more, and reliable service in Argentina is rare! Unless you are on a really strict budget, Fred is worth every centavo of the cost. Remember, he almost always has the cost of dead heading in one direction. If you give him enough notice (at least a month), Fred will try to arrange a fare going the other direction, and give you a break. End of story.

Tres3.

Tree Top
07-22-14, 19:04
Thanks for the advice I took the autobus tienda leon. Its 140 peso form airport to front door and it took 1. 15 hrs total. Traffic was bad due to rain. Ii seems like fred is a good guy. If I want to travel in style next time ill give him a shot.

Miami Bob
07-25-14, 19:12
I used to recomend them as a compromise between Fred / Silver Star and a normal argentine taxi. I was leaving last New Year's Eve. I called Taxi Ezeiza the day before to verify that they would be running at my checkout time or I could checkout earlier. They promised me a pick up. One hour before the pickup time I called to double check and they told me they were closed.

I offered the real estate guy the same money that Taxi Ezeiza charges to the airport and he drove me himself!

Fred would never do that!

Silver Star
07-26-14, 19:28
I used to recomend them as a compromide between fred and silver star and a normal argentine taxi. I was leaving last new years eve. I called taxi ezeiza the day before to verify that they would be running at my checkout time or I could checkout earlier. They promised me a pick up. One hour before the pickup time I called to double check and they told me they were closed.

I offered the real estate guy the same money that taxi ezeiza charges to the airport and he drove me himself!

Fred would never do that!Unfortunately as a private, chauffeured car service with high end expensive cars in good condition, fully licensed and insured and we are on the books, paying both US and Argentina taxes, we are unable to match the cheaper taxis running with a combustible natural gas tank in the back. I've seen a lot of taxis at EZE running with bald tires, many taxis drivers here are so cheap they don't even put their lights on at night. Many uneducated cab drivers here tailgate, speed excessively and weave in and out, and don't use turn signals, and most cabs here don't have potentially life saving airbags. There also also plenty of cabs here that don't even have headrests, putting you at risk for whiplash. I guess it's kinda like flying 1st class vs coach, or Mcdonalds compared to Ruth Chris steakhouse. Most of the taxis sold here are so tiny and unsafe that they don't meet North American safety requirements. That's why I founded SilverStar transfers and tours over 5 years ago, we wanted to offer something better than the traditional services found here at a fare that reflects the time and cost involved to get the job done correctly.

As always thanks so much to those of you who have taken advantage of our services in the past for the last 5 years, its been a pleasure serving you the SilverStar way.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

DavieW
07-26-14, 20:53
Hey Fred, any idea how I can get to Ezeiza on the morning of 20th August. 2 passengers (maybe 3) and 12 items of luggage?!

Silver Star
08-04-14, 13:35
Unfortunately as a private, chauffeured car service with high end expensive cars in good condition, fully licensed and insured and we are on the books, paying both US and Argentina taxes, we are unable to match the cheaper taxis running with a combustible natural gas tank in the back. I've seen a lot of taxis at EZE running with bald tires, many taxis drivers here are so cheap they don't even put their lights on at night. Many uneducated cab drivers here tailgate, speed excessively and weave in and out, and don't use turn signals, and most cabs here don't have potentially life saving airbags. There also also plenty of cabs here that don't even have headrests, putting you at risk for whiplash. I guess it's kinda like flying 1st class vs coach, or Mcdonalds compared to Ruth Chris steakhouse. Most of the taxis sold here are so tiny and unsafe that they don't meet North American safety requirements. That's why I founded SilverStar transfers and tours over 5 years ago, we wanted to offer something better than the traditional services found here at a fare that reflects the time and cost involved to get the job done correctly.

As always thanks so much to those of you who have taken advantage of our services in the past for the last 5 years, its been a pleasure serving you the SilverStar way.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.comIn order for us to serve you better, the best way to book a SilverStar transfer, is by using the website appointment form or call us directly if this a last minute (within 48 hours) request. Please don't use PM's as we don't check them on a regular basis. We will do our best to handle last minute requests. Thanks again to all of you who have or will take advantage of our chauffeured car services here in BsAs. Contact info is on the site www.silverstarcar.com.