PDA

View Full Version : Argentine Politics

Tres3
02-04-15, 12:38
The following link appeared on the front page of today's Miami Herald.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/04/world/americas/argentina-prosecutor-alberto-nisman-arrest-warrant-cristina-de-kirchner.html?_r=0

Tres3.

Daddy Rulz
02-05-15, 12:29
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/04/americas/argentina-president-tweet/index.html

Tres3
02-05-15, 12:50
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/04/americas/argentina-president-tweet/index.htmlI learned a long time ago that humor does not translate well. I guess that Argentine arrogance, or stupidity, causes CFK to proceed full speed ahead. As someone once said "You can't cure stupid".

Tres3.

Daddy Rulz
02-05-15, 14:31
I learned a long time ago that humor does not translate well.I was texting with a friend (chick, not a sex thing) and I accidentally called her amigo, not amiga. Intending to make a joke I said, "sorry, you can't be my amigo because you don't have a penis, you're my amiga. " I thought the joke was clear.

In her head she heard "Your boyfriend isn't here right now and you don't have a penis, if you need to borrow one, call me. ".

DavieW
02-06-15, 07:44
I was texting with a friend (chick, not a sex thing) and I accidentally called her amigo, not amiga. Intending to make a joke I said, "sorry, you can't be my amigo because you don't have a penis, you're my amiga. " I thought the joke was clear.

In her head she heard "Your boyfriend isn't here right now and you don't have a penis, if you need to borrow one, call me. ".

So she said 'no' then?

;-)

TejanoLibre
02-13-15, 21:55
http://news.yahoo.com/argentine-leader-formally-accused-bombing-cover-172821024.html

WOW!

TL.

Tres3
02-14-15, 03:47
The following link is a BBC news story about CFK.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-31463543

Tres3.

Tres3
02-14-15, 03:51
The following link is about the indictment of CFK for her role in Nisman's death.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/13/did-argentina-s-president-order-an-assassination.html

Tres3.

BadMan
02-14-15, 08:35
Saw this coming a mile away. Is Kirchner benefiting or are her opponents?

I personally would like to see real facts, raw data, analysis, proof, evidence etc. Sensational headlines are for mindless hoi polloi.

The only thing we do know is whoever commited this murder was a professional. Most probably a state actor. What states historically operate in Argentina covertly (meaning not Argentinian SS). US, UK, Israel, P2's. Would any of these countries directly benefit from this anti Kirchner media circus? I mean other than the empire of chaos, who always seems to benefit from the chaos it unleashes on other countries. Let's see. Do any of these countries have a gripe with the Kirchner administration. (LOL too easy).

Hmmm.

I'll wait for the facts. You can " indict a ham sandwich. ".

And thats my last post for a long time. Its been real fellas.

Tres3
02-15-15, 15:28
The below link appeared in today's Miami Herald. Oppenheimer is a well respected, bilingual, and well connected, columnist who writes a syndicated column about Latin America.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/andres-oppenheimer/article10234352.html

Tres3.

Spirit Rider
02-15-15, 21:23
Saw this coming a mile away. Is Kirchner benefiting or are her opponents?

And thats my last post for a long time. Its been real fellas.So how long does it take to get a new tin foil hat made? Clearly your current one isn't working anymore. I guess it depends on your definition of real. Delusional conspiracy theories not so much.

Gandolf50
02-15-15, 21:46
The below link appeared in today's Miami Herald. Oppenheimer is a well respected, bilingual, and well connected, columnist who writes a syndicated column about Latin America.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/andres-oppenheimer/article10234352.html

Tres3.OR. This is the prelude of Her Royal Majesty's bid to take over without changing the constitution or being re-elected? Drum up a fantasy of a non existent threat against the "country" and for every ones benefit she stays in office as a defacto dictator. Not too different from how she rules now really.

Tres3
02-20-15, 02:39
The following link appeared on the front page of Thursday's Miami Herald.

www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas

Tres3.

WorldTravel69
02-22-15, 20:39
Interesting things are happened in South American.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1251920-terrorists-form-alliances-with-latin-american-politicians-drug-cartels/

Tres3
02-27-15, 13:11
The below link is to a story that appeared on BBC News.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-31633782

Tres3.

Tres3
02-27-15, 13:14
The below link is to a CNN News story regarding CFK.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/26/americas/argentina-prosecutor-nisman-case-dismissed/

Tres3.

Tres3
03-02-15, 12:32
Below is a link regarding CFK's long speech. More of her rantings and political posturing.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/01/argentina-president-fernandez-de-kirchner-alberto-nisman-israel-iran

Tres3.

Tres3
03-23-15, 12:54
Below is a link to an Op-Ed article that appeared in today's Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article15514169.html

Tres3.

BadMan
03-23-15, 18:32
What's Argentina's debt to gdp ratio? :).

ElAlamoPalermo
03-23-15, 18:48
What's Argentina's debt to gdp ratio? :).Argentina's true nominal GDP is at least 40% less than reported statistics due to a completely fictitious FX rate. Also keep in mind that the BCRA is essentially insolvent by it's own auditing standards. Accurate accounting would not make Argentina's debt to gdp ratio look so rosy.

BadMan
03-23-15, 18:51
The same could be said about every country in the world. Now answer the question.....

Argentina's true nominal GDP is at least 40% less than reported statistics due to a completely fictitious FX rate. Also keep in mind that the BCRA is essentially insolvent by it's own auditing standards. Accurate accounting would not make Argentina's debt to gdp ratio look so rosy.

BadMan
03-23-15, 18:55
Its funny how we like to point fingers when we all know Europe adds hookers and blow sales to their GDP. Yes. They are that desperate to continue to appear first world. Hookers and blow sales to the national gdp. I wonder what Argentina's gdp would be if they did the same?

BadMan
03-23-15, 19:03
What's the Federal reserve balance sheet look like? Lol...I hope someone posts and infograph. Keep these shenanigans up and ill do it for you. How about the ecb's balance sheet. Lol.... Just keep quantitatively easing the fuck out of our currencies to keep up appearances. Same game different name....

ElAlamoPalermo
03-23-15, 21:00
What's the Federal reserve balance sheet look like? Lol...I hope someone posts and infograph. Keep these shenanigans up and ill do it for you. How about the ecb's balance sheet. Lol.... Just keep quantitatively easing the fuck out of our currencies to keep up appearances. Same game different name....I'm not clear about your reading comprehension level, however, nowhere in my comments did I make any statements about the relative strength or lack thereof of either the FR or ECB's balance sheets or monetary policy. But since you brought it up, can you really not tell the difference between the relevance of the debt to GDP ratio of the USA vs. That of Argentina? Debt to GDP ratio is accepted by some as a metric of ability to service public debt; the entirety of the USA's public debt is denominated in a currency that they print at will; Argentina's public debt is all denominated in foreign currencies that they have no control of. Both the USA's and Argentina's true "on the balance sheet" public debt is probably at least 100% of GDP with the difference being that Argentina is in a far more critical situation regarding debt service than the USA is.

BadMan
03-23-15, 21:42
I'm not clear about your reading comprehension level, however, nowhere in my comments did I make any statements about the relative strength or lack thereof of either the FR or ECB's balance sheets or monetary policy. But since you brought it up, can you really not tell the difference between the relevance of the debt to GDP ratio of the USA vs. That of Argentina? Debt to GDP ratio is accepted by some as a metric of ability to service public debt; the entirety of the USA's public debt is denominated in a currency that they print at will; Argentina's public debt is all denominated in foreign currencies that they have no control of. Both the USA's and Argentina's true "on the balance sheet" public debt is probably at least 100% of GDP with the difference being that Argentina is in a far more critical situation regarding debt service than the USA is.What is most telling here is you still refuse to answer my initial question. So the reading comprehension dig can easily be turned both ways.

What is the official stated dept to gdp ratio of Argentina?..... Ill wait for an unbiased honest answer.

BadMan
03-23-15, 21:45
As far as the USA or EU s ability to fund its debt liabilities. Its all based on its ability to print money out of thin air. If you don't understand this after three rounds of QE, you really should stick to running or patronizing bars.

Btw. How many degrees in economics do you have " el Alamo bar Palermo "? Lol

ElAlamoPalermo
03-23-15, 21:59
What is most telling here is you still refuse to answer my initial question. So the reading comprehension dig can easily be turned both ways.

What is the official stated dept to gdp ratio of Argentina?..... Ill wait for an unbiased honest answer.The claimed nominal debt to GDP ratio is about 62% the last time I saw statistics; however this ratio is a complete farce as it is based on the assumption that the official FX rate is a legitimate means of valuing the goods and service produced domestically. No serious person inside or outside of Argentina accepts the claimed debt to GDP ratio as accurate; Argentina's peers, Brasil and Uruguay both have claimed and accepted (on the balance sheet) debt to GDP ratios in the mid-60s; not coincidentally both Brasil and Uruguay pay 4.25% and 4.5% coupons respectively on their 10 year USD denominated benchmark bonds (Brasil's yield about 5% currently as they are a mess and the bonds sell under par; Uruguay's sell at 106 cents on the dollar and yield less than 4%); Argentina pays 8.75% on their 10 year USD bonds and they sell at less than par. Argentina pays interest rates pertaining to a country on the brink of insolvency with an unsustainable TRUE debt to GDP ratio because they are in reality a country on an unsustainable trajectory in terms of ability to service their public debt.

ElAlamoPalermo
03-23-15, 22:07
As far as the USA or EU s ability to fund its debt liabilities. Its all based on its ability to print money out of thin air. If you don't understand this after three rounds of QE, you really should stick to running or patronizing bars.

Btw. How many degrees in economics do you have " el Alamo bar Palermo "? LolAgain this is not a discussion about the relative merits of the USA or EU's ability or lack thereof to service their debt liabilities. That being said it is an undisputed fact that the entirety of the USA's public debt is denominated in a currency they can print at will; if market participants are dumb enough to keep investing in the debt securities and currency of a government with $17,000,000,000,000+ of outstanding debt then shame on them. The EU is an entirely different story altogether.

There is no need to make this personal. You really want to compare CV's, investment track records, and quality of life, you know where to find me.

BadMan
03-23-15, 22:09
So you're saying 60% debt to gdp ratio. What is the US or Europes average debt to gdp ratio?

Not withstanding the fact that they both also cook their books. What is it? Unless you'd prefer to go on some conspiracy theory tangent.

The claimed nominal debt to GDP ratio is about 62% the last time I saw statistics; however this ratio is a complete farce as it is based on the assumption that the official FX rate is a legitimate means of valuing the goods and service produced domestically. No serious person inside or outside of Argentina accepts the claimed debt to GDP ratio as accurate; Argentina's peers, Brasil and Uruguay both have claimed and accepted (on the balance sheet) debt to GDP ratios in the mid-60s; not coincidentally both Brasil and Uruguay pay 4.25% and 4.5% coupons respectively on their 10 year USD denominated benchmark bonds (Brasil's yield about 5% currently as they are a mess and the bonds sell under par; Uruguay's sell at 106 cents on the dollar and yield less than 4%); Argentina pays 8.75% on their 10 year USD bonds and they sell at less than par. Argentina pays interest rates pertaining to a country on the brink of insolvency with an unsustainable TRUE debt to GDP ratio because they are in reality a country on an unsustainable trajectory in terms of ability to service their public debt.

ElAlamoPalermo
03-23-15, 22:17
So you're saying 60% debt to gdp ratio. What is the US or Europes average debt to gdp ratio?

Not withstanding the fact that they both also cook their books. What is it? Unless you'd prefer to go on some conspiracy theory tangent.I made my case and do not need to add anything further to defend it. If you are so confident in the accuracy of Argentina's debt to GDP ratio then put your money where your mouth is and buy those Argentine sovereign USD 10 year notes paying the 8.75% coupon. If Argentina's debt to GDP ratio is truly as you claim it is, those bonds are EXTREMELY undervalued!

BadMan
03-23-15, 23:57
So. Without going into conspiracy theories. What is the US or EUs debt to gdp ratio? No need to get flustered lets just debate the facts ma'am. And don't worry where I'm putting my money if you are who you say you are obviously you are betting on the Argentinian economy El Alamo Palermo Bar guy. Or maybe you just buy alot of cheap beer. Either way you sure as hell aren't in the US.

As far as CVs and quality of life. I'd be glad to. I can guarantee mine are much better than yours. Are far as invesments. I'm just getting started old timer. Give me a couple decades to outshine your outdated models. And no I don't know " where to find you ". Some cheap college bar in Palermo Argentina? Sounds like you've truly made it.

I made my case and do not need to add anything further to defend it. If you are so confident in the accuracy of Argentina's debt to GDP ratio then put your money where your mouth is and buy those Argentine sovereign USD 10 year notes paying the 8.75% coupon. If Argentina's debt to GDP ratio is truly as you claim it is, those bonds are EXTREMELY undervalued!

Spirit Rider
03-24-15, 07:05
And thats my last post for a long time. Its been real fellas.Not quite long enough.

BadMan
03-24-15, 07:47
Not quite long enough.So whos troll account is this? You literally just logged on to quote me twice in two months and nothing else. If you don't like my posts don't read them. Pretty simple. Kinda like you.

Spirit Rider
03-24-15, 12:51
So whos troll account is this? You literally just logged on to quote me twice in two months and nothing else. If you don't like my posts don't read them. Pretty simple. Kinda like you.This is Spirit Rider first cousin to Ghost Dancer. Ever-present and awakening to sanctify the denizens of the sphere against the delusional rants of a BadMan.

Jackson
03-26-15, 00:52
Greetings Everyone,

For those of you who might be interested in reading something a bit more substantive than the Spirit Rider vs BadMan exchanges:

Three former Venezuelan insiders say Hugo Chvez brokered a cash-for-nuclear-technology deal

http://www.wsj.com/articles/mary-anastasia-ogrady-iran-and-argentina-the-defectors-tale-1427065218?tesla=y

Did Hugo Chvez act as a bagman for Iran in its effort to get nuclear technology from Argentina? Thats the claim made by three former members of the Venezuelan dictatorships inner circle cited anonymously in a March 14 story in the Brazilian magazine Veja...

...The first favor they described, according to Veja, was that Argentina would cover up Irans role in the 1994 terrorist attack on a Jewish community center (known by its Spanish initials as AMIA) in Buenos Aires. The second favor was that Argentina would share their long experience in [a] heavy-water nuclear reactor, an old-fashioned, expensive and complicated system but one that allows plutonium to be obtained from natural uranium....

...defectors claim that among other means to manipulate Argentina in favor of Iran, Venezuela arranged direct cash transfers. In August 2007, when Argentine customs officials discovered a suitcase containing an undeclared $800,000 in a plane from Venezuela, most observers chalked it up to Chvezs efforts to spread his influence around the region. But one of the defectors told Veja that the loot was a gift from Iran for Mrs. Kirchners presidential campaign.

BadMan
03-26-15, 06:31
And American defector Edward Snowden says the USA ..........( insert anything you want) . Now seriously..this is ridiculous. Iran gets all the nuclear weapons tech it wants via North Korea and China. As a matter of fact it pays North Korea to hold weapons tests. Basically North Korea's nuclear weapons program half belongs to Iran. These Venezuelan worms better try harder if they want to troll for free visas to the US. Lol. Anyway. Non story.....

Greetings Everyone,

For those of you who might be interested in reading something a bit more substantive than the Spirit Rider vs BadMan exchanges:

Three former Venezuelan insiders say Hugo Chvez brokered a cash-for-nuclear-technology deal

http://www.wsj.com/articles/mary-anastasia-ogrady-iran-and-argentina-the-defectors-tale-1427065218?tesla=y

Chezz
03-26-15, 17:42
As far as CVs and quality of life. I'd be glad to. I can guarantee mine are much better than yours.I sincerely doubt it. I'll take ElAlamoPalermo's quality of life over damn near anybody I know.

Sounds like you've truly made it.By just about any standard, yes.

Greetings Everyone, For those of you who might be interested in reading something a bit more substantive than the Spirit Rider vs BadMan exchanges...I, for one, never tire of BadMan taking on the world.

BadMan
03-26-15, 23:31
Lol. You're just not a very intelligent person. Sorry. I'm sure you mean well. But I just can't take anything you say seriously. Please go pretend to be Russian elsewhere. Talking about things you have no clue about seems to be your pass time. Good luck with that.

I sincerely doubt it. I'll take ElAlamoPalermo's quality of life over damn near anybody I know.

By just about any standard, yes.

I, for one, never tire of BadMan taking on the world.

Chezz
04-04-15, 00:53
What are you apologizing for? Because you broke the news to me that I'm "not a very intelligent person"? I'm crushed! I don't know how I'll ever get over this one. Is there any help for a poor soul like me deemed unintelligent by our resident genius BadMan?

You have no idea who I am/where I'm from, etc. Let it go (or don't...who gives a fuck? This isn't the UN).

BadMan
04-05-15, 19:30
I honestly have no time for your unintelligible circle jerk nonsense.

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance-it is the illusion of knowledge"-DB.

Fsio.

Rev BS
04-06-15, 16:46
I was waiting for my friend outside his condo, when two street dogs approached each other. Stiffening up, one started to smell the other. Then all hell broke loose, snarling, teeth baring, neck hair standing straight up, they stood their ground. They stared at each other for another 15 seconds. Then still growling, they backed up and went their way.

AP sometimes remind me of a dog pound.

Tres3
04-16-15, 14:10
Will we ever know who killed Nisman?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/argentina/11540744/New-questions-in-mysterious-death-of-Argentine-prosecutor-after-mother-discovers-gun.html

Tres3.

BadMan
04-16-15, 16:13
Who's gun was used to kill Nisman. Where was the owner of the gun at the time of the murder? Why did the reporter ( a dual citizen ) who broke the story, before anyone else knew anything, fly to Israel under false pretexts only to then claim erroneously that he feared for his life for breaking the story and was seeking asylum in Israel.

Hmmmm. We will never know unless we actually pay attention to facts and not sensationalist tabloid headlines.

I called it at the beginning. But it's fun to watch the blind lead the blind. Carry on.

Will we ever know who killed Nisman?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/argentina/11540744/New-questions-in-mysterious-death-of-Argentine-prosecutor-after-mother-discovers-gun.html

Tres3.

Tres3
04-21-15, 10:32
More fodder for the Argentine LIV. Even if they get a judgement and/or conviction, how does Argentina expect to enforce it? The only Argentines who will make any money are the lawyers.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/no-empty-threats-argentina-falkland-213336567.html

Tres3.

Gandolf50
04-22-15, 06:50
More fodder for the Argentine LIV. Even if they get a judgement and/or conviction, how does Argentina expect to enforce it? The only Argentines who will make any money are the lawyers.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/no-empty-threats-argentina-falkland-213336567.html

Tres3.The FPV is doing this to show the unwashed masses that they are fighting for their rights so that they vote for them again! Remember, this is a election year! The curtain on on a three ring circus is about to go up!!! :-).

Tres3
04-27-15, 09:38
The upcoming election gets more interesting all the time.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/argentina-5-billion-mine-projects-040001769.html

Tres3.

Tres3
06-28-15, 09:12
It looks as if Argentina will try to use the Falklands as a distraction forever.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/argentine-judge-orders-embargo-over-falklands-oil-probe-211659666.html

Tres3.

Tres3
07-06-15, 12:52
CFK lauds someone else who wants something for nothing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/argentinas-fernandez-celebrates-greeces-no-creditors-021251453--sector.html

Tres3.

Tres3
07-09-15, 13:39
Argentina and Greece have a lot in common. Perhaps that is why CFK lauds Greek defiance.

Both have a tradition of living beyond their means.

Both have massive corruption.

Both have a failure to improve their education and innovation systems to become competitive in the global economy.

Both have lazy citizens.

Both have many citizens who do not pay taxes. And,

Both governments have defaulted multiple times in the last 100 years.

Tres3.

PickCherry12
07-09-15, 19:33
Argentina and Greece have a lot in common. Perhaps that is why CFK lauds Greek defiance.

Both have a failure to improve their education and innovation systems to become competitive in the global economy.

Both have lazy citizens.

Tres3....and both have beautiful women...

Caricoso
07-10-15, 01:12

Both have lazy citizens.

Tres3.How about where you are coming from?

Tres3
08-27-15, 12:10

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/andres-oppenheimer/#navlink=kicker.

Tres3.

Gandolf50
08-27-15, 19:58

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/andres-oppenheimer/#navlink=kicker.

Tres3.The way I see it, it does not matter who wins the election. The out going president has left too many time bombs ticking and timed to go off after she leaves. That way she can return in four years and say the country needs her to put everything "right" again....

Gandolf50
08-28-15, 17:20
Since the K govt cant make a convincing suicide case and they don't want to declare it a murder.....(They will just let the case ride for 30 years like the bombing of the Jewish center) They now want to go after his mother, sister, and part time computer / IT guy. Typical Argie style , if things cant be made to fit their supposed scenario they go and make a new one and accuse others to make you forget about the original crime where it looks like they are trying very hard to hide something ( As with the Jewish center bombing). I wonder if things will be better under Scioli????

El Perro
08-28-15, 18:34
Since the K govt cant make a convincing suicide case and they don't want to declare it a murder.....(They will just let the case ride for 30 years like the bombing of the Jewish center) They now want to go after his mother, sister, and part time computer / IT guy. Typical Argie style , if things cant be made to fit their supposed scenario they go and make a new one and accuse others to make you forget about the original crime where it looks like they are trying very hard to hide something ( As with the Jewish center bombing). I wonder if things will be better under Scioli????Over $600,000US was deposited in his New York bank account between 2012 and 2014. Apparently all of it from a number of high profile businessmen, one of whom vanished about two years ago. Nisman was nothing more than an inept lightweight taken advantage of by many and utterly in over his head. Most likely painted himself into a corner, saw that everything was closing in on him, and knocked himself off.

The short of it is that all the political stuff and Iran stuff was peripheral to the laundered money/corruption stuff. Par for the course here and elsewhere.

Gandolf50
08-29-15, 10:05
Over $600,000US was deposited in his New York bank account between 2012 and 2014. Apparently all of it from a number of high profile businessmen, one of whom vanished about two years ago. Nisman was nothing more than an inept lightweight taken advantage of by many and utterly in over his head. Most likely painted himself into a corner, saw that everything was closing in on him, and knocked himself off.

The short of it is that all the political stuff and Iran stuff was peripheral to the laundered money/corruption stuff. Par for the course here and elsewhere.Was Nissman doing a few shady things on the side? No doubt. What Argentine with a visa to the US isn't. Thats including everyone right up to the president. My point is they cant prove a suicide, most likely because it wasn't. Police incompetence and politics have assured no one will ever know. So what do they do ? Look to make him a bad guy who does not deserve justice. Go after his family and friends so they keep quiet. This was a hit every one knew was going down, even the target knew in advance!

Gandolf50
08-29-15, 10:10
On a side note.... The Nissman money laundering case is already going ahead while his murder investigation is ??????? Mired in red tape and argie mierda de torro!

Tres3
08-30-15, 14:08

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/andres-oppenheimer/

Tres3.

Gandolf50
09-08-15, 22:54
After three tests on the gun the results keep changing.....

For the prosecutor (Fein), Nisman shot himself with gloves, he took them off after he died and threw them through the window, the San Isidro judge said today in statements to the Mitre radio station as she revealed the insurance company paid her 1,600 pesos for each of Nismans daughters and 22,000 pesos that we used for an appeal process before the (Supreme) Court to demand the recusal of Fein.

From todays B.A.H.

Gandolf50
09-23-15, 07:32
From todays Bs, As, Herald.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015.

'Scioli could be a constructive transition to wait for CFK's return'.

Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo head Estela de Carlotto.

Estela de Carlotto, the president of the Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo human rights organization, considered Daniel Scioli a faithful and different man whose triumph in the October presidential elections could pave the way for a constructive transition toward the return of Cristina Fernndez de Kirchner to power.

I think that (Daniel) Scioli will continue the project of Cristina (Fernndez), which is the one we have always applauded, and that of Nstor (Kirchner), because he has promised that. He is a loyal, different man and, well, he could even be a very constructive transition to wait for the return of Cristina, Carlotto told reporters today.

Tres3
10-22-15, 11:13

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/andres-oppenheimer/article40769703.html

Tres3.

Tres3
10-22-15, 11:21
The below link appeared in today's Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article40564761.html

Tres3.

Jackson
10-22-15, 14:55
The below link appeared in today's Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article40564761.html

Tres3.In a nutshell, this article illustrates what's wrong with the socialist policies infecting both Argentina and the USA.

"Today, an estimated 15 million Argentines, or about 35 percent of the population, receive some kind of direct financial assistance from the government"

"...the government is giving cash subsidies to millions of people and has increased the number of public employees by 42 percent, to 1.7 million people."

"...with some saying they'll vote for the ruling party candidate because they fear their social programs will be taken away under a new party"

"'If I lose this [government 'make-work'] job, I'll go back to zero,' Diaz said of her $275-a-month salary. 'This government has to stay in power.'"

There you have it gentlemen: A progressive road map to destroying a nation while simultaneously staying in power by bribing it's citizens with promises of free money that in fact does not exist.

Jax

Dickhead
10-22-15, 16:08
"'If I lose this job, I'll go back to zero,Diaz said of her $275-a-month salary. This government has to stay in power.'"

Or back to Exedra.

So I am in Portugal now, and that country moved to the left in the last election. I am of and from the left. But the difference between Portugal and Argentina is, the people in Argentina are just so fucking lazy.

Socialism or government spending programs can equal Keynesian pump priming. But not if all you want to do is drink mate all day long.

You have to take Oppenheimer with a kilo of salt, though.

Tres3
10-22-15, 17:07
the people in Argentina are just so fucking lazy.
I think that the Argentine people are the laziest in the Western Hemisphere, without doubt. I would say the World, but it is a toss up whether or not the Egyptians or Greeks are lazier than the Argentines.

Tres3.

Dickhead
10-22-15, 17:23
I haven't been to either of those countries, but out of the 49 I have been to so far, argies are the laziest ones by quite a wide margin. Here in Portugal there is not a lot of good land. They do what they can with it.

Gandolf50
10-22-15, 18:06
I think that the Argentine people are the laziest in the Western Hemisphere, without doubt. I would say the World, but it is a toss up whether or not the Egyptians or Greeks are lazier than the Argentines.

Tres3.The Argies beat the Greeks hands down! The Egyptians?? I cant say as I have never been. But culture stereotypes make them a runner up at the very least!

SteveC
10-24-15, 09:53
Newly coined word...Not mine but stolen from another forum I read on Argentina.

A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Dickhead
10-24-15, 10:30
"Import substitution industrialization" was a hallmark of Perón despite already having failed in México, among other places. Now we have "inflation denial importation" as Argentina pays Brazil to print 100 peso notes for them.

Seldom have so many striven to do so little with so much. Tomorrow is the big day!

Tres3
10-24-15, 12:29
"Import substitution industrialization" was a hallmark of Pern despite already having failed in Mxico, among other places.It was also tried, and failed miserably, in Costa Rica. NAFTA contributed to the "salvation" of Mexico, but the rest of Latin America eschews free trade and keeps their collective heads in the sand. Will they ever forget the Spanish tradition of high customs taxes on imported goods that the well connected find a way to avoid?

Tres3.

Tres3
10-29-15, 12:32

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/andres-oppenheimer/article41711442.html

Tres3.

Tres3
10-31-15, 02:02
Another press release on the default. The ironic fact is that neither Scioli nor Macri can repay the money without endangering Argentina's reserve position. CFK stole and/or wasted the reserves. I guess she thought it was better to give the money to Argentine LIVs rather than pay the legitimate contracts that the bond indentures contained.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/judge-argentina-owes-another-6-1b-foreign-bondholders-212920330.html

Tres3.

Tres3
11-11-15, 03:28
It appears that the Peso will float if Macri wins.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-10/argentina-s-macri-says-market-will-determine-peso-exchange-rate?cmpid=yhoo.headline

Tres3.

Daddy Rulz
11-11-15, 04:17
It appears that the Peso will float if Macri wins.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-10/argentina-s-macri-says-market-will-determine-peso-exchange-rate?cmpid=yhoo.headline

Tres3.This is bad. It will make getting money in easier but really floating the peso will result in less purchasing power for dollar denominated income.

Gandolf50
11-11-15, 18:37
This is bad. It will make getting money in easier but really floating the peso will result in less purchasing power for dollar denominated income.What you say is true. But keeping a arbitrary low rate like they have in the past just fuels inflation which also eats into ones income. Which is worse??

Wild Walleye
11-12-15, 12:22
This is bad. It will make getting money in easier but really floating the peso will result in less purchasing power for dollar denominated income.You mean relative to the blue rate, correct?

While this is true, the resultant devaluation will make everyone holding pesos seem poorer (while in reality they are already so), which will further erode local demand for nonessential goods which should have a deflationary effect on the price of those less essential goods and services. This process will not be without pain. However, for the good of the Argentine people, it is best (IMO) to break with past practices of whistling past the graveyard and pretending that the problem doesn't exist.

I am very excited about the prospect of a Macri win (it will help m business interests in Argentina and create more opportunity for all), I am so distrustful of the govt that I'll withhold my excitement until I actually see the results.

As for the holdouts, I don't expect Macri or anyone else to pay them in cash on the barrel head. So long as they don't have to increase payments to all bond holders (I believe that provision expired January-'15), they can negotiate a settlement, create a new bond and start paying it, over time like all the other bonds.

Spassmusssein
11-12-15, 19:54
You mean relative to the blue rate, correct?

As for the holdouts, I don't expect Macri or anyone else to pay them in cash on the barrel head. So long as they don't have to increase payments to all bond holders (I believe that provision expired January-'15), they can negotiate a settlement, create a new bond and start paying it, over time like all the other bonds.What will happen is, that the private banks and big players here will found a fund and pay Singer and Co.

When the tecnical default (31.07.2014) took place, for 3 hours here the headline of "ambito finianciero" published, THAT solution.

BUTTTTT.

Then interfiered "the Queen" and blocked the good solution.

As she tried to ruin "the campo y la oligarchia" as al of those where those, who killed N.K.

Which could/should be doubted.

Macri will arrange in that form, Brito (MACRO-Bank) will lead the solution.

AllIWantIsLove
11-13-15, 14:48
This is bad. It will make getting money in easier but really floating the peso will result in less purchasing power for dollar denominated income.Can you elaborate/explain? My simplistic notion is that a floated peso should be worth about what the Blue rate peso is. Maybe that is wrong; but if not then dollars would maintain their purchasing power.

Thanks, Bob.

Gandolf50
11-13-15, 21:10
The problem is deeper then the exchange rate. The current government has drained ALL the countries resources. I read some where recently that if you subtract what Argentina owes out there is only 7 million dollars left for the reserves. Realisticly, that would put the peso at 50 to 1? 100 to 1???? They have drained the insurance (social security) and tax agency's (AFIP) accounts. Who ever is the next president is in for a large problem.

Tres3
11-19-15, 13:24

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/andres-oppenheimer/article45375171.html

Tres3.

Daddy Rulz
11-19-15, 16:04
What you say is true. But keeping a arbitrary low rate like they have in the past just fuels inflation which also eats into ones income. Which is worse??I want to preface the rest with that statement. I think these following things, I do not know them.

I said it was bad because I think a fucked up peso (and what can make a currency more fucked up than nobody having any idea what it's worth) with monetary restrictions like we currently have are good for those spending in dollars.

I think if Macri gets elected and he removes the whateveryoucallit and allows the peso to truly float it will and it will be less than the current blue rate. Substantially less INHO (substantial meaning 10% or more) because whatever it lands at it will have an ACTUAL value not a "hmmmmm what do we trade for today" value.

I think it will do something to stem inflation but I don't think it will stop it.

As it is now the dollar pretty much keeps up with inflation. It doesn't do it smoothly, it tends to languish behind for a few months then move ahead, then sit around, then move ahead. Right now it's sitting around 15-1 sometimes higher sometimes lower but around 15-1. If it floats I think it will stay further behind and I will be able to buy less pussy for my dollars and to me that is bad.

I could also be completely fucking wrong about this because, as I said, I'm not an economist and this is Argentina where the rules often don't seem to work.

Dickhead
11-19-15, 17:02
Letting a currency float is not an anti-inflation tactic. The former peg to the dollar was an anti-inflation tactic, but that of course fails when the pegging country runs out of the pegged country's currency.

It should be remembered that inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon: too much money is chasing too few goods. This the Spaniards found out when they finally realized that taking gold and silver back to Spain did not increase wealth because there were no goods to buy with the bullion.

So if Macri wants to fight inflation, he has to tighten the money supply. That will lead to a recession for sure, which should be good for those with dollars. It would also make him very unpopular and so he probably won't have the stones to do it.

Gandolf50
11-20-15, 13:44
Ahhhhhhhhhhh !! Two days of respite from all the BS and lies. In the past Cristina has always broken the law and campaigned claiming she was just making "important announcements..." Monday cant come too soon so all this nonsense will be behind us!

Bobby Doerr
11-21-15, 09:48
The problem is deeper then the exchange rate. The current government has drained ALL the countries resources. I read some where recently that if you subtract what Argentina owes out there is only 7 million dollars left for the reserves. Realisticly, that would put the peso at 50 to 1? 100 to 1???? They have drained the insurance (social security) and tax agency's (AFIP) accounts. Who ever is the next president is in for a large problem.I read somewhere Argentina has only a few million in reserves, maybe seven million. I don't think it's a problem for the dollar. The solution will be the same as in the good old USA, viz, the government will continue just printing more paper. This should make the dollar stronger and p4p cheaper for dollar holders. If Macri wins and devaluates the peso by aiming at a free floating exchange in the future, the dollar should be stronger and I think we can see 30 to 1 for free floating exchange rate someday. Of course, that assumes devaluation in a short period of time and continued inflation. Anyhow, for what it's worth, that's how I see it.

Jackson
11-21-15, 14:04
I read somewhere Argentina has only a few million in reserves, maybe seven million. I don't think it's a problem for the dollar. The solution will be the same as in the good old USA, viz, the government will continue just printing more paper. This should make the dollar stronger and p4p cheaper for dollar holders. If Macri wins and devaluates the peso by aiming at a free floating exchange in the future, the dollar should be stronger and I think we can see 30 to 1 for free floating exchange rate someday. Of course, that assumes devaluation in a short period of time and continued inflation. Anyhow, for what it's worth, that's how I see it.As many people tend to do, you're paraphrasing the peso-dollar relationship incorrectly.

The dollar does not get "stronger" or "weaker" against the peso. It is the pesos that fluctuates (usually down) in value in comparison against the relatively stable dollar.

If two men are standing side by side, and one of them doubles over with a stomach ache, you don't describe the situation by saying that the other man got stronger.

Thanks,

Jax.

Daddy Rulz
11-21-15, 18:43
As many people tend to do, you're paraphrasing the peso-dollar relationship incorrectly.

The dollar does not get "stronger" or "weaker" against the peso. It is the pesos that fluctuates (usually down) in value in comparison against the relatively stable dollar.

If two men are standing side by side, and one of them doubles over with a stomach ache, you don't describe the situation by saying that the other man got stronger.

Thanks,

Jax.Is that a Jax thing or an economics thing? Because you could describe that situation as the guy gaining strength over the guy who doubled over. I see articles where the dollar is described as "gaining strength" over the X other currency a lot.

I would agree though that simply saying the dollar got stronger would generally be misspeaking because the dollar in isolation wouldn't have changed much, but in comparison to something else I would think it's correct to say it gained strength.

Not trying to be contentious, I'm curious about this.

Dickhead
11-21-15, 21:19
So there are two primary factors that affect exchange rates: real interest rates and the balance of trade. High real interest rates (meaning the market interest rate MINUS inflation) = strong currency. Favorable balance of trade (exporting more than you import) creates demand for your currency. The dollar has strengthened against many currencies lately, or alternatively many currencies have weakened against the dollar. For example, the euro costs about 1.08 dollars today versus about 1.24 a year ago. This is mostly because Europe's more sluggish economy makes people think the ECB (European Central Bank) will lower interest rates, while it appears rates are headed UP in the US. Inflation is tame in both places.

The Canadian dollar costs about 75 cents today versus about 88 cents a year ago. The CAD is sensitive to the price of oil. Oil prices go down, Canada's trade balance worsens since it does not receive as much foreign currency for each barrel of oil it exports. So, that weakens the CAD against the USD. But it is no less correct to say that it strengthens the USD against the CAD.

Member #3320
11-22-15, 01:29
The dollar never gets stronger.

The dollar has the advantage of being the reserve currency of the world.

Take that away . And then lets see how the dollar fares vis a vis other currencies of the world!

Daddy Rulz
11-22-15, 02:52
The dollar has the advantage of being the reserve currency of the world.

Take that away . And then lets see how the dollar fares vis a vis other currencies of the world!Maybe the Bilderberg Group picked at random in one of their secret meetings. It wasn't alphabetical, there are a bunch that start with A. Can't be the color, color isn't hierarchal, it's a wheel. Can't be age. I wonder why?

Maybe size of economy?

Gandolf50
11-22-15, 07:48
A lot of you say with the dollar at 15 to one makes Argentina cheap. If thats true, why can I buy Levis from Wally World in the states for $45 and here they are $1500 pesos and more? ( 45 U$D being $675p at 15 to 1) . The prices you guys say you are paying for providers make Argentina one of the most expensive mongering destinations around. So with the peso crumbling and the dollar "stronger" why are we all paying through the nose for second rate goods in a banana republic? Of course,there are some bargains to be had but not as many as you would think. Fifteen years ago when the dollar was three to one I could buy levis here cheaper then in the states and a lovely provider with the hotel was $100p. Things are actually cheaper in the city of Buenos Aires then they are in the provincia. Travel 30km outside Gral Paz and almost everything goes up in price from gasoline to meat. For some reason (Thank God!) providers remain cheaper out here in no mans land.

Bobby Doerr
11-22-15, 11:24
As many people tend to do, you're paraphrasing the peso-dollar relationship incorrectly.

Thanks,

Jax.Exchange rates are relative and are generally expressed as a comparison of the currencies of any two countries. Lets look at a couple of major factors that affect exchange rates. (1) A country with a consistently lower inflation rate exhibits a rising currency value, as its purchasing power increases relative to other currencies. Countries with higher inflation typically see depreciation. Interest rates, inflation and exchange rates are all highly correlated. (2) By manipulating interest rates, countries exert influence over both inflation and exchange rates, and changing interest rates impact inflation and currency values. Higher interest rates offer lenders in an economy a higher return relative to other countries. The impact of higher interest rates is mitigated if inflation in the country is much higher than in others, or if additional factors serve to drive the currency down like (3) a negative balance of trade between a country when it is spending more on foreign trade than it is earning, and (4) that it is borrowing capital from foreign sources to make up the deficit and that (4) it engages in large-scale deficit financing to pay for public sector debt and when a government is servicing its deficit through domestic means (selling domestic bonds, increasing the money supply), or increases the supply of securities for sale to foreigners, thereby lowering their prices. (5) When balance of trade is in the negative, when imports exceed exports, the price of exports rises by a smaller rate than that of its imports, the currency's value will decrease in relation to its trading partners. (6) Lastly, currency rates depend on a country's political stability and economic performance. Political and economic turmoil can cause a loss of confidence in a currency and affects exchange rates. We all know Kisiloff is a brown-nosing moron and should be taken out to the woodshed because the country has the resources and potential to be great again but the political reality is the reason why a pair of Jeans cost a couple of hundred bucks in BA. Thanks. Bobby Doerr.

Tres3
11-22-15, 14:52
The below link appeared in Saturday's Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article45747715.html

Tres3.

Tres3
11-22-15, 14:58
The below link appeared in Sunday's Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article45868090.html

Tres3.

Tres3
11-22-15, 15:04
The below link appeared in The Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/22/argentina-election-second-round-vote-could-spell-end-for-kirchnerism

Tres3.

Tres3
11-22-15, 15:12
The below link appeared in Bloomberg's Sunday News.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-22/argentines-to-vote-in-first-runoff-as-opposition-leads-in-polls

Tres3.

Jackson
11-22-15, 15:13
Exchange rates are relative and are generally expressed as a comparison of the currencies of any two countries. Lets look at a couple of major factors that affect exchange rates. (1) A country with a consistently lower inflation rate exhibits a rising currency value, as its purchasing power increases relative to other currencies. Countries with higher inflation typically see depreciation. Interest rates, inflation and exchange rates are all highly correlated. (2) By manipulating interest rates, countries exert influence over both inflation and exchange rates, and changing interest rates impact inflation and currency values. Higher interest rates offer lenders in an economy a higher return relative to other countries. The impact of higher interest rates is mitigated if inflation in the country is much higher than in others, or if additional factors serve to drive the currency down like (3) a negative balance of trade between a country when it is spending more on foreign trade than it is earning, and (4) that it is borrowing capital from foreign sources to make up the deficit and that (4) it engages in large-scale deficit financing to pay for public sector debt and when a government is servicing its deficit through domestic means (selling domestic bonds, increasing the money supply), or increases the supply of securities for sale to foreigners, thereby lowering their prices. (5) When balance of trade is in the negative, when imports exceed exports, the price of exports rises by a smaller rate than that of its imports, the currency's value will decrease in relation to its trading partners. (6) Lastly, currency rates depend on a country's political stability and economic performance. Political and economic turmoil can cause a loss of confidence in a currency and affects exchange rates. We all know Kisiloff is a brown-nosing moron and should be taken out to the woodshed because the country has the resources and potential to be great again but the political reality is the reason why a pair of Jeans cost a couple of hundred bucks in BA. Thanks. Bobby Doerr.What a smokescreen, no doubt intended to impress us with the depth of your international financial prowess.

The fact is that you incorrectly stated that the Argentine government's propensity to print pesos "should make the dollar stronger" and further you stated that if Macri wins and devalues the peso then "the dollar should be stronger".

Both of these statements are inaccurate portrayals of the peso-dollar relationship as I detailed in my prior post.

Correctly stated, the Argentine government's propensity to print pesos "should make the peso weaker" and if Macri wins and devalues the peso then "the peso should be weaker".

Printing and/or devaluing the Argentine peso has little if any effect on the value of the US Dollar against the world's other major currencies.

Get it?

Thanks,

Jax.

Tres3
11-23-15, 11:36
The below link appeared on Reuters Monday morning.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/23/us-argentina-election-idUSKBN0TB0XJ20151123#Ich1XtAOuqrgCVqB.97.

Tres3.

Tres3
11-23-15, 11:48
Exchange rates are relative and are generally expressed as a comparison of the currencies of any two countries. Lets look at a couple of major factors that affect exchange rates. (1) A country with a consistently lower inflation rate exhibits a rising currency value, as its purchasing power increases relative to other currencies. Countries with higher inflation typically see depreciation. Interest rates, inflation and exchange rates are all highly correlated. (2) By manipulating interest rates, countries exert influence over both inflation and exchange rates, and changing interest rates impact inflation and currency values. Higher interest rates offer lenders in an economy a higher return relative to other countries. The impact of higher interest rates is mitigated if inflation in the country is much higher than in others, or if additional factors serve to drive the currency down like (3) a negative balance of trade between a country when it is spending more on foreign trade than it is earning, and (4) that it is borrowing capital from foreign sources to make up the deficit and that (4) it engages in large-scale deficit financing to pay for public sector debt and when a government is servicing its deficit through domestic means (selling domestic bonds, increasing the money supply), or increases the supply of securities for sale to foreigners, thereby lowering their prices. (5) When balance of trade is in the negative, when imports exceed exports, the price of exports rises by a smaller rate than that of its imports, the currency's value will decrease in relation to its trading partners. (6) Lastly, currency rates depend on a country's political stability and economic performance. Political and economic turmoil can cause a loss of confidence in a currency and affects exchange rates. We all know Kisiloff is a brown-nosing moron and should be taken out to the woodshed because the country has the resources and potential to be great again but the political reality is the reason why a pair of Jeans cost a couple of hundred bucks in BA. Thanks. Bobby Doerr.The OP apparently does not realize that the fundamentals of a market are supply and demand. Outside of Argentina the Peso is essentially worthless. No one wants it. It cannot be spent by the average citizen. Only in Argentina can one spend pesos.

There is a market in Argentina, but that is it. As a result, normal currency exchange rules outside of Argentina do not apply, and I think the exchange markets inside of Argentina are manipulated.

Tres3.

Bobby Doerr
11-23-15, 11:52
What a smokescreen, no doubt intended to impress us with the depth of your international financial prowess.

The fact is that you incorrectly stated that the Argentine government's propensity to print pesos "should make the dollar stronger" and further you stated that if Macri wins and devalues the peso then "the dollar should be stronger".

Both of these statements are inaccurate portrayals of the peso-dollar relationship as I detailed in my prior post.

Correctly stated, the Argentine government's propensity to print pesos "should make the peso weaker" and if Macri wins and devalues the peso then "the peso should be weaker".

Printing and/or devaluing the Argentine peso has little if any effect on the value of the US Dollar against the world's other major currencies.

Get it?

Thanks,

Jax.Hey Jax, Lighten up. I'm neither looking to impress anyone nor am I looking to be confrontational. However, using your logic, if the peso weakens against the dollar, doesn't that mean that the dollar becomes stronger against the peso? You can buy more pesos for the same number of dollars. Expressing currency ratio comparisons is relative and can be expressed as one weakening while the other is strengthening. So what's the point of these semantics? Zilch, nada. I think dollar holders will get a bigger bang for their buck as we see (the peso sinking) and the dollar get stronger.

Either way, I hope our verbal joust on a definition doesn't mean you wont' let me come to your parties. Thanks, Bobby Doerr.

TejanoLibre
11-23-15, 13:47
Hey Jax, Lighten up. I'm neither looking to impress anyone nor am I looking to be confrontational. However, using your logic, if the peso weakens against the dollar, doesn't that mean that the dollar becomes stronger against the peso? You can buy more pesos for the same number of dollars. Expressing currency ratio comparisons is relative and can be expressed as one weakening while the other is strengthening. So what's the point of these semantics? Zilch, nada. I think dollar holders will get a bigger bang for their buck as we see (the peso sinking) and the dollar get stronger.

Either way, I hope our verbal joust on a definition doesn't mean you wont' let me come to your parties. Thanks, Bobby Doerr.On a lighter note some Bad guys in Venezuela went to rob a businessman and when he offered up his Worthless Venezuelan Toilet Paper they refused it.

They said they only wanted dollars.

TL.

Judd
11-24-15, 04:23
The peso, as stated by another member of the board during my last visit, is simply a way for Argentines to pay for goods and services. When I was in BA a little over two years ago, the blu market rate was around 8 to 1. Last trip it was a little over 15 to 1. You'd think things would've been cheaper on this last trip. However, with.

Inflation so high, the cost for a cab, a steak, and a chica session remained about the same.

I hope Macri can get Argentina headed in the right direction, because the Argentines, by and large, seem like a very smart population. They deserve a Gov't that can governwith a long term mindset, restructure their debt, maybe loosen up their Protectionist Laws, and leverage the resources of their Country.

I'm not an Economist so I don't even know if this shit is possible. At da very least, this prick needs to at least introduce a $500 peso so we can fit our fucking wallets in.

Our jeans!

Tres3
11-24-15, 12:31
The below link is an editorial that appeared on the editorial page of Tuesday's Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/editorials/article46132610.html

Tres3.

Tres3
11-24-15, 18:20
More on the Argentina elections. I personally think that there will be a political stalemate, and very little will be accomplished. After all, the CFK political cohorts already stole plenty of dollars, and beyond buying votes care very little about the mann in the street.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/argentina-pull-off-next-impossible-200029714.html

Tres3.

Daddy Rulz
11-25-15, 18:39
I'm gonna miss her soooooo much.

http://www.clarin.com/politica/Reunion-Olivos-Cristina-Macri-transicion_0_1474052607.html

Thomaso276
11-29-15, 19:50
It was bought a couple of years ago by a K supporter. The latest nonsense: The USA should correct their course.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/204007/us-now-has-second-chance-

Daddy Rulz
11-29-15, 20:35
It was bought a couple of years ago by a K supporter. The latest nonsense: The USA should correct their course.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/204007/us-now-has-second-chance-Anybody who knows me knows I'm no fan of W but this is fucking laughable.

When President George W. Bush came into office, he threw away a budding, multi-faceted relationship to make Argentina a misguided object lesson in fiscal probity.

The US was the driving force that put this wedge in?

HotRod11
11-30-15, 10:19
If the new government does as stated and floats the Preso. Would this not be good for the dollar.

HotRod11
11-30-15, 10:23
Ok smart people I'm in B A tomorrow. I have pesos but should i Buy now or wait until the devaluation......help.

Thomaso276
12-08-15, 21:35
As I said several times, Christina will never give the baton to Macri. Not one photo with him either. The short version.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/204596/parrilli-cfk-wont-attend-congress-under-these-circumstances

Gandolf50
12-09-15, 06:47
As I said several times, Christina will never give the baton to Macri. Not one photo with him either. The short version.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/204596/parrilli-cfk-wont-attend-congress-under-these-circumstancesIts the first time in 12 years some one told her no and made it stick. She does not like it being the spoiled brat that she is.

TejanoLibre
12-10-15, 20:01

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/204596/parrilli-cfk-wont-attend-congress-under-these-circumstancesI went to the Party today at the Congreso and then walked down Avenida de Mayo to the Presidential Palace and watched and listened to the new President from the front row.

It was an exciting and moving experience and I was very surprised by the diversity of the audience in attendance.

Today was a Great Day!

TL.

I guess that "Cinderella" turned into a pumpkin because she was nowhere in sight.

Thomaso276
12-12-15, 13:44
Macri has to continue funding some social programs while at the same time paying back bills left by K. If he abandons the poor he will not last. My take on how he will do it:

KK's support groups - for example - the Grandmothers of the Plaza will by funded only for their primary functions. He will get lambasted if he cuts them off completely. There will be funds for finding the lost children ( who do you think pays for DNA tests, lawyers, etc.) but they also received millions to build houses and by a factory to make sheet rock walls. Today a court ruled that they owe 33 million for the money that was stolen by the two brothers who were supposed to build the houses. http://www.clarin.com/politica/Condenan-Fundacion-Madres-Plaza-Mayo_0_1483652158.html.

There are dozens of groups out there who practice this type of chicanery. Professional pickets etc.. The funding will continue for their primary functions if it serves the greater good and will save millions for the BS extra.

Employees of Campora will be eliminated. Most had contract jobs and did nothing. Government agencies are overstuffed with employees. Gonna be alot of downsizing. Airport, media and Congress, big changes coming. Most of these folks are not part of a union and without funding from the gov't I predict they will have a hard time staying organized - surely KK will not send them money from her own accounts. There will be some conflicts with the far left groups and I think Macri will set a few examples if they try to shut down highways and roads. Macri has said many times people have a right to travel.

Media law will be adjusted. Millions are given to KK supporter newspapers, tv, radio. While still funding the basics for Gov't ads, these KK mouthpieces will be told to sell airtime in the private market. Some are already folding http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1852218-el-diario-pagina-12-cerca-de-cambiar-de-manos.

He has to deal with the unions. Carrot and stick approach is probably best. They will get their raises. They scream about raises but the power is in controlling health ins , pension funds. This might be adjusted.

International funding. Pay Vulture funds, open cepo and allow Argies to manage their own money. Limit tramitesd that business and individuals have to go through and avoid the "system is down" BS when KK did not want to approve some import or dollar exchange.

I think he will make some corruption cases. Has to get rid of Carbo as Atty Gen'l.. Boudo is toast and a few ex-ministers are in line. Will reopen illegal enrichment cases against KK based on legal concept that when judges declared there was no cause for further investigation, it was due to payoffs.

Inflation. Saw the new minister of INDEC this morning on Florida. He was fired years ago when he would not approve Nestors new formulas to hide inflation. Now he's back. Can't run a country on false stats. 200 and 500 pesos notes, stop printing pesos, will till have some price controls for awhile (gouging concept like in USA after a hurricane). Get away from discounts at big stores only with the funding of some banks. I think he will open up the right of the store to set their own discounts and promtions.

International Relations will move to the west. Bye Venezuala, Iran, Russia. China still in play for the swaps. Tone down Malvinas dispute and will try to make free trade pacts the norm.

Message to Argies: we will help but you better start working smarter and harder. Don't need six people for a 2 person job. I am not sure this culture can accept that they are responsible for their own destiny. It is always someone else's fault. Government may change but the people may not.

See you at the ATM!

HotRod11
12-15-15, 16:35
Many economists say Argentine economics is in such a mess it can't be fixed. I am not an economist just a concerned spat and I do my best to stay informed. Thomaso 276 your latest post was very informative. You covered a lot of different angles and looking at the picture you painted , for Mecri to just slightly improve the economic stability of my adopted country Argentina , he must first concentrate on political corruption. We need a few big wigs to byte the dust. With so many candidates how do they choose. How about the suitcase full of cash found in the (I think it was the attorney generals) office.

I travel a lot and in many country's I visit the top story on the local newspaper has to do with many well known politicians under indicme for just about anything one can imagine.

Is any of this new, not really. It reminds me of an old song---- whys everybody always pickin on me----.

Hotrod11.

TejanoLibre
12-15-15, 22:48
Talking about reopening the Nissman Case.

Going after KFC.

Cancelling the deal with Iran.

Prosecuting the ex-Vice President B.

Et cetera !

An excellent start !

TL.

Thomaso276
12-16-15, 15:09
First of 1500 political employees (KK) cut loose. Probably averaged 25000 pesos monthly. More to come. Potential to increase available chica pool!

http://www.perfil.com/politica/Protesta-en-el-Congreso-trabajadores-denuncian-despidos-masivos-20151216-0015.html

Daddy Rulz
12-16-15, 16:56
14.4 now. Where is it going to land, 13? 12?! Worse!!! This source is saying 15 but I'm having a hard time seeing that.

http://www.bubblear.com/government-says-cepo-lifted-today/

Member #4112
12-16-15, 17:55
First of 1500 political employees (KK) cut loose. Probably averaged 25000 pesos monthly. More to come. Potential to increase available chica pool!

http://www.perfil.com/politica/Protesta-en-el-Congreso-trabajadores-denuncian-despidos-masivos-20151216-0015.htmlThanks Thomaso, there is always a silver lining.

Member #3320
12-16-15, 18:12
14.4 now. Where is it going to land, 13? 12?! Worse!!! This source is saying 15 but I'm having a hard time seeing that.

http://www.bubblear.com/government-says-cepo-lifted-today/Argentina will soon be very expensve for mongering.

Gandolf50
12-16-15, 20:11
Argentina will soon be very expensve for mongering.It already is and has been for the past few years.

Wild Walleye
12-17-15, 14:24
With all the pent up demand for hard currency and continued lack of faith in the Argentine government (despite recent electoral progress) there is a big over hang in demand for dollars. The system can only handle so many transactions at a time, so mechanically, it might take a little while for the market to stabilize (I'm guessing $12-13).

From what I am reading, foreign investors are expected to invest between US$10B - $16B in Argentina during 2016. That will certainly help to ease the situation by making more dollars available and stimulating the economy.

Bobby Doerr
01-04-16, 10:52
The conservative newspaper (la nacion) keeps quoting an exchange rate of 13 to 1 - but walking along Florida Street and in Recoleta I was quoted 14 to one by several cuervos for 5 one-hundred dollar bills. Where do you think the float will settle over the next few months? Bobby Doerr.

Tres3
01-14-16, 16:36
The below link is to an article by Andres Oppenheimer that appeared in the January 14 Miami Herald. Oppenheimer is a well respected, bilingual, and well connected, columnist who writes a syndicated column about Latin America.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article54549190.html

Tres3.

JamesBond69
01-15-16, 17:26
The below link is to an article by Andres Oppenheimer that appeared in the January 14 Miami Herald. Oppenheimer is a well respected, bilingual, and well connected, columnist who writes a syndicated column about Latin America.

Tres3.404: Page Not Found.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the page you have requested. This could be due to content on our site expiring, a broken link, an outdated bookmark, or a mistyped address.

WorldTravel69
01-15-16, 19:15
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/andres-oppenheimer/

Tres3.

Tres3
04-14-16, 13:17
Below is a link to an article that appeared in Thursday's Miami Herald.

www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article71330122.html

Tres3.

Tres3
04-14-16, 13:20
Below is a link to another article that appeared in Thursday's Miami Herald.

www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article71537887.html

Tres3.

Tres3
04-15-16, 13:22
It looks as if the USD 800,000 cash for CFK's reelection campaign is still in the news. The below link is to a front page story that appeared in Friday's Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/venezuela/article71909897.html

Tres3.

El Queso
04-29-16, 15:55
Hope none of you guys are big dancers! A judge here in BA has ruled that there will be no more public, commercial dancing with live or recorded music!

http://www.bubblear.com/twitter-reacts-boliche-close/

In reaction to 5 people dying at the Time Warp party. Somehow this judge, who is purported to be ultra Kirchnerist, thinks (or pretends to think) that prohibiting the youth of Argentina from dancing publicly is going to keep more kids from dying. Many are saying this is just another attempt at the Ks to disrupt CABA government and get people pissed off at Macri's regime.

Footloose!

Wild Walleye
04-29-16, 16:29
Hope none of you guys are big dancers! A judge here in BA has ruled that there will be no more public, commercial dancing with live or recorded music!

In reaction to 5 people dying at the Time Warp party. Somehow this judge, who is purported to be ultra Kirchnerist, thinks (or pretends to think) that prohibiting the youth of Argentina from dancing publicly is going to keep more kids from dying. Many are saying this is just another attempt at the Ks to disrupt CABA government and get people pissed off at Macri's regime.

Footloose!They should make that into a remake of the movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrMfT4Qz5Y

"Everybody cut, everybody cut foot loose...".

Gandolf50
04-29-16, 20:22

Footloose!Its typical, instead of trying to solve the problem they take draconian measures and close everything, as if that will solve the problem. But then...... Cristina said there is no drug problem here... ( nor inflation, nor crime....) so maybe there really is no problem???

Tres3
07-17-16, 13:58
The below link is to an article that appeared on the front page of Sunday's Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/real-estate-news/article90028812.html

Tres3.

Tres3
08-07-16, 14:21
Below is a link to an article about Argentine political corruption the appeared in the New York Times and Sunday Miami Herald.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/world/americas/graft-ex-argentine-government-fury.html?rref=collection%2Ftimestopic%2FArgentina&action=click&contentCollection=world&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=collection&_r=0

Tres3.

Wild Walleye
08-10-16, 11:26
Below is a link to an article about Argentine political corruption the appeared in the New York Times and Sunday Miami Herald.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/world/americas/graft-ex-argentine-government-fury.html?rref=collection%2Ftimestopic%2FArgentina&action=click&contentCollection=world&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=collection&_r=0

Tres3.Typical NY Times bias. There are ample cases of corruption, from the reign of CFK, being uncovered and prosecuted. However, the author has to immediately change the focus to a few rumors and innuendos about the legal behaviors of people in the current administration. This example of media bias is tame compared to what protection Nestor and Christina got when they were in power (not to mention their abuse of power to stanch the free flow of information about them). There won't be any true change of course in politics as usual in Argentina until those abusing the system are tired and punished. I think that they are trying to start that change, now.

Tres3
08-10-16, 11:51
The author of the article published in the NY Times and Miami Herald is a free lance journalist based in Argentina who travels throughout Latin America.

Tres3.

Tres3
10-01-16, 12:38
The below link is to an article that appeared in this Saturday's Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article105184261.html

Tres3.