PDA

View Full Version : Riots in BA?

Jacknbox
09-08-15, 23:43
Friends are saying rioters on Florida street. What is up? Girls demanding union rights?

TejanoLibre
09-09-15, 00:46
Friends are saying rioters on Florida street. What is up? Girls demanding union rights?http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/170542/k-legislator-wants-to-regulate-city-sex-work

Have Fun ,

TL.

Gandolf50
09-09-15, 07:36
More B.S.. Sex workers in the city of Buenos Aires are already supposed to be registered and are supposed to carry a "carnet" (spelling??) . But as years pass, like so many other laws it is no longer enforced. I see it as one more bill to pay for the worker and several hundred more useless workers on the Govberment pay roll that all of us will pay to support.

Esten
09-10-15, 01:07
Another "war zone" for Bill O'Reilly to report on ?

But seriously, at least the proposed bill makes a distinction between voluntary sex work and trafficking, a key point that is often lacking in discussion of the topic. What is surprising is that according to the article, the bill is opposed by a LGBT activist, who claims that "the bill fails from the start because it considers sex work to be valid work." "It is a form of exploitation, with an uneven distribution of power where one part does not negotiate. It is violence," Freyre told Infonews.

Wow. This person has apparently missed the entire segment of sex work where the worker chooses where they work, and hence how much they will work for and what they will do. Sad to see a member of a group that has struggled and succeeded to have their rights recognized, so quick to suppress the rights of consenting adults. Someone should invite this person to Exedra for a drink.

Jacknbox
09-10-15, 01:16
I was actually interested in reports of civil unrest. Some friends told me there were rioters on.

Florida the other day.

Gandolf50
09-10-15, 22:10
I was actually interested in reports of civil unrest. Some friends told me there were rioters on.

Florida the other day.The only riots or unrest that has hit the news recently was in Tucuman where there was just a little too much blatant corruption in the elctions for the populace to ignore.