PDA

View Full Version : Floods

Thomaso276
12-26-15, 17:59
I get it. A tragedy. But is that a DirectTV dish?

Vampire
12-26-15, 21:18
I get it. A tragedy. But is that a DirectTV dish?Yes, it looks like a DirectTV dish. They shouldn't have put their home in that low spot. What province is this in?

Big Boss Man
12-26-15, 22:58
He filed bankruptcy because he had cancer and could not pay his medical bills. However he had a big screen TV to watch the Bears. It just shows you how rich the world is these days and how much progress has been made. Even poor people have big screen TVs.

Daddy Rulz
12-26-15, 23:37
Concordia is in Entre Rios and estimates now are that 150,000 people in Argentina, Paraguay, and Brazil have been displaced.

This is pretty bad.

If anybody feels so moved they are gathering supplies to be distributed to the needy in Plaza de Mayo.

Bleach, diapers, bottled water, canned food, rice (not in boxes) beans, lentils, ect.

WorldTravel69
12-27-15, 16:22
How is the weather there?

I have heard you are having more rain than usual, and it's not as hot.

How about the humidity?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/27/more-than-100000-flee-el-nino-flooding-in-paraguay-argentina-brazil-uruguay

Don B
12-30-15, 18:09
Concordia is in Entre Rios and estimates now are that 150,000 people in Argentina, Paraguay, and Brazil have been displaced.

This is pretty bad.

If anybody feels so moved they are gathering supplies to be distributed to the needy in Plaza de Mayo.

Bleach, diapers, bottled water, canned food, rice (not in boxes) beans, lentils, ect.You may have noticed that all is not ginger peachy here.

Floods in Missouri and Illinois and it will move downstream.

Don B.

Daddy Rulz
12-30-15, 20:44
You may have noticed that all is not ginger peachy here.

Floods in Missouri and Illinois and it will move downstream.

Don B.No I didn't know, I don't really follow news. What a disaster.

DavieW
12-31-15, 06:07
We're having the worst flooding in centuries here also.

The north of England and Scotland have been hit pretty hard. I'm currently on holiday visiting family in the south, not sure if my house is under water back up in Yorkshire. :-/.

Gandolf50
12-31-15, 07:07
How is the weather there?

I have heard you are having more rain than usual, and it's not as hot.

How about the humidity?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/27/more-than-100000-flee-el-nino-flooding-in-paraguay-argentina-brazil-uruguayDont believe the news. BA has been hot and steamy, high humidity. They keep saying its going to rain to cool things off but then we will probably flood like always. Im not sure which is worse, the floods or the heat and humidity???