Thread: 2002-2004 Apartment Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    To All Members Seeking Rentals,

I just wanted to share an experience from my recent trip from BA. I had previously been staying at the Hilton in Puerto Madero, but the novia there and I wanted to try a couple like experience so I was in the hunt for an apartment rental. After trying some other on line agencies, Mayra came to the rescue, emailed pictures of a beautiful Palermo apartment across from the park and the deal was sealed over the phone.

After Ana picked me up on time after some hurricane juggling, we picked her friend Mayra that morning and the apartment was exactly like shown, even nicer than I expected. She cut me a little slack on the deposit after meeting me and her associate was on the button for check out and return of deposit.

Having traveled there much over the year, I was familiar with the area, and trusted the board ever so much on guidance.

So I wanted to pass on that I was a satisfied customer and would review her options again. The massage by Nailea was on the button as well. Thank you all for your time spent guiding other members.

Muchas Gracias!

Regarding your apartment on Libertad:

I stayed for a long time at 982 Libertad, two blocks south , and found it to be a very convenient neighborhood. It is only a short walk over to the triangle, Excedra, and other points of interest. There are also plenty of restaurants and places for shopping for the other necessities of life.

Stormy

Saint,

The Address that Mayra sent me was

Libertad 1154 7th floor apartment "B"
    Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I dont know what the cross street, is this a nice local.

thanx

Phish,

What is the cross street? I live near Montevideo/Posades. Near Patio Bullrich mall is a pretty posh area. Generally though, anything in Recoleta is ideal for renting an apartment. Nothing is too far away. It's easy to walk around Recoleta and taxi's are cheap and plentiful. Most of the time I just walk unless I'm going to my office. Even then sometimes I walk. It should be a good location.

When you hear "Recoleta" though look at a map. Many owners say they live in Recoleta but it's really Barrio Norte. Everyone here seems to have a different opinion on where Recoleta ends. There is an 'invisible line' that most locals seem to agree on. Usually anything on the other side of Pueyrredon is Barrio Norte. I don't think it matters too much but the flavor does change the further you go out.

I took your advise and have reserved an apartment in Posadas Street in Recoleta. I don't have the exact address ( Its in my office mail server).

Is this a decent monger location.

My friend is looking for an efficiency apt. in Palermo BA. He is planning to spend 6 mo. in BA. He is looking for an inexpensive efficiency studio preferably first floor or elevator bld. He is 75 and on a budget. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BArents contact info

info@barent.com.ar

WSG Mansion - Finally !
    Rooms available for rent!

We finally have two rooms finished and available for our friends to stay in style while in BsAs.

I'm putting up new pictures as we speak at the mansion website
    http://www.purr.com

PM or Email if you want to make a reservation.

David

PS
    There's a TV in every room!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blue7.jpg‎  

Hi, Guys:

This is an offer provided by Mayra and Roxana, for you to stay in a good location, at a good price with appointments already included in the package!!!

7 nights with tax and 6 appointments included for: US$ 345

Studio located in Recoleta, just one block from the Four Seasons hotel.
    Equipped with:

Air conditioning, Microwave, Toaster and Coffee machine.
    This is a beautiful apartment, very luminous and nicely decorated. It's a big ambient with a balcony facing gardens. The kitchen is incorporated to the ambient with a bar with its chairs. There is a comfortable sofa, table for two and also a double bed.
    Included services: Towels and bed linen; Once a week domestic service.
    Telephone for local calls (limited) Gas, light, expenses, Cable TV.

You need to book it through Mayra at:

MAYRA@ARGENTINATRAVELSERVICES.COM
    MAYRABRILL@ARGENTINA.COM

*It's a pre paid package. NO REFUNDS on apartment and appts. Extra appts. will be paid separately.

*Pick up at the airport, provided by Ana. You pay her directly and separately.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY, SPRING IN BUENOS AIRES IS COMING!!!!

Kisses, Roxana.

A year ago I was actually in a three-bedroom offered for rent in a nice central location at http://www.parera156.com/. It was a nice place, IMO.

As Andres would say, "Hope this helps."

Uncle Otto

Is it possible to rent an apartment for a week that has 3 bed rooms?

Havrum:

I agree with you that Balvanera and San Cristobal have many coffee shops and restaurants. In fact, it would be nice to rent an APARTMENT there, but not a cheap hotel room.

What I can outline from your statement is "they certainly our dumps". By "our", I surmise that you are an Argentino. Is that correct?

Andres

Yes they certainly our dumps, but they aren't that different or worse than what you would find in the US and in many ways they are better. Neighborhoods like Balvanera and San Cristobal are quality neighborhoods with cafes, parillas, grocery stores all over with good transporation and a pedestrian friendly environment. They areworking class neighborhoods but they aren't the desolate wastelands that boarding houses in the US are often located in. When I travel I am always outside of my hotel room anyways and just need a place to crash, so cheap alternatives like this are viable options for me.

I don't expect people to stay in these places, my point of bringing them up was to illustrate how unbelievably cheap Buenos Aires can be, especially when you get off the beaten track (i.e. Recoleta, Microcentro and portions of Palermo). A place to sleep for $20-30 a month is really astounding. In New York you can't even find a bed in a ratty dormitory hostel for less than $30 a night.

Havrum

Most small, old hotels in Montserrat and Balvanera are staight slumps, not a place to enjoy vacations. As of Constitucion, many guys know the area and can certify that is not a friendly neighborhood, hotels there being not cozy either.

I understand that a family of 4 can share a room for ar$150-200 a month, but these people sleep like backpackers, since these rooms have hardwood floors so old that they make noises everytime you step on them, and torn down paint and roof. You have also to share a colective toilet and bathroom (not very clean). Almost guaranteed, no cable TV, Internet, room phone or any other kind of amenity. Also, safe boxes are inexistant and door locks can be easily forced.

These hotels post a sign of "habitaciones disponibles" every time they have rooms availables. Legally, they are hotels, although some people call them "pensiones" since some of them cater to students and retirees.

Palermo is the biggest neighborhood of BA, with areas ranging from plain middle class houses to luxury mansions. As far as Palermo Viejo or Palermo Hollywood, many restaurants and bars are affordable.

Andres

They were $20 or$ 30 AR for *10* days (10 days was the minimum time offered), not 1 day. That is 2 or 3 pesos a day. I walked into several places in Constitucion, Monserrat and Balvanera out of curiosity and all were in that price range, all three of which are as about as central as a neighborhood can be. You see them all over the city in neighborhoods south of Rivadavia, and in some areas north of Rivadavia as well. Some people here may consider anything outside of Recoleta and Palermo dangerous, but to me the other 90% of the city rarely explored by tourists is perfectly fine, and in many ways more enjoyable. If anything Recoleta is dull compared to many other barrios in the city.

Palermo may not be ultra-expensive to us, but compared to Argentinians and the rest of the city it certainly is.

Dickhead, thanks for the correction. These particular places do not have a name or sign outside like a hotel, only a sign saying "habitacion disponsible". I'm not sure what they are called in Buenos Aires so it is easiest to call them habitacion disponsibles.

Posting Limitations