Thread: 2002-2004 Apartment Reports

+ Submit Report
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    yes, try www.internetvacationzone.com.

Their apartment on Posadas and Cerrito is opposite the Four Seasons Hotel. A very swanky neighborhood. Nice furniture in the apartment, but the carpet is a bit old. Good rates in an upscale area and good building (not as good as Saint's building on Libertad, but in the same area).

Hey Fellas--

I've always stayed in hotels in BA and this time around I'm looking to stay in a really swanky apartment like Saint's or Jackson's places in Recoleta.

Unfortunately, those places are not availaible March 3-21.

Can anyone recommend a great apartment in Recoleta for those dates?

Note--virtually none of the apartments that you see on the websites look pretty standard (nothing close to Jackson's place insofar as quality).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks--

LA Larry

DH, my mistake, I meant pesos as well, I just wanted to comunicate that even if you got what looks as a good deal there is always room for improvement in BsAs. I hope your fund-raising effort is going well in England and will be pleased to meet you on your next trip. take care!

Stoly, clearly I said it was 84 pesos, not 84 dollars. No self respecting Dickhead is going to pay 84 dollars. And to clarify, that is for the apartment and so cannot be compared to the Hotel Frossard, although thanks for the info, HGL. But Paris? I wish. I am in England (Suffolk). It sucks but a guy's gotta earn some dollars (yes dollars, not pounds) to convert to pesos to spend in Argentina.

However, I wrote the Marbella on Saturday with my reservation request and they have not yet responded so that could certainly be a downside.

PK YGM.

One option is to look for a monthly rental even if you are only staying for several weeks. I had a very nice apartment on Suipacha for 31 days @ $420 US including CableTV, telephone and all utilities. That's under $14 a night. If you are only staying 14 days they will be happy to check you out early and re-rent the apt. So that ends up costing you $28 a night. Still a bargain. Even a 10 day stay results in a reasonable $42. More room and a kitchen as well. Some of the girls are a bit more concerned with visiting a non-hotel for the first time, but I had no problem convincing them. Another option to consider . . .

Dollars 84 a night is ridicuously expensive in BsAs. You can spend 30 and have own bathroom, tv and a/c, in Congreso (calle Mitre, Rivadavia). There is stuff for less but then the places gets a bit rought like the level of the hotels where the working girls are staying. I know of one and it's quite an interesting place, they can't bring clients in, but imagine the fun if a crazy monger would rent a room there. Altough, at daytime he would probably not touch any of them as the trasformation after demakup is quite impressing.

With usd 20 or a little more (depend how long you stay) you can rent a nice aparthotel in Recoleta. Double or triple that amount, (and makes one look very rich to my eyes) and you have fine aparthotels like ArtSuites. I look back with nostalgy to the glorious days when I was staying there, how many sweet memories. Sure, at 3.85 pesos for the dollar change, it looked cheap for the services rendered.

I read writing about usd 110+ hotel suites, I respect all tastes but fail to understand what's the purpose except for an hi-roller sex marathon, thta BTW is not likely to be allowed by the managent.

Esteemed Dickhead,

The Hotel Frossard offers rooms for U$S 20 per night. I have heard it's good, but I don't know if it's chica friendly cause I haven't stayed there. The location is very close to the Florida Street mall, thus close to Cattos, Hook, Ness, etc. So you're in gay Paris huh? The chica scene there just can't compare to our beloved BA!

Hotel Frossard
    Tucuman 686 Cap. Fed.
    Bs. As. Tel: 54-11-4322-1811
    http://www.hotelfrossard.com

In case any of you is a cheap fuck like me, Hotel Marbella has an apartment for 84 pesos a night with no minimum stay.

Havana,

I, too, have visited Jackson's apartment and agree with your assessment. Perfecto....

Disfruta su experiencia!

I have seen Saint's Havana trip pix on another board. Also his pix from Brazil and trip reports from Europe. He does get around!

Me gustan boliches

Anyone looking for an apartment might also check these sites:

http://www.apartmentsrental.com.ar
    http://www.ba-h.com.ar/Deptosin.htm
    http://www.balodging.com

Otto, VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!

Glad you had fun in the famous apartment on Ayacucho. If only the walls could talk in that place!!!

I prefer renting an apartment over a hotel, even for a week or so, for several reasons. It’s very private. Some have a doorman part time or full time, but all have been very cool about guests. Typically there is a beautiful lobby of marble and hard wood, large glass windows, and an elegant feel to it. The chicas have been impressed.

Of the 3 apartments that I’ve rented, 2 were thru a woman named Paz. She speaks good English. She represents about 20 apartments near Ayacucho and Guido, excellent locations in Recoleta, right near Hotel Etoile and Restaurant Row.

Both apartments that I rented thru Paz are spacious, have a small, extra bedroom (that got used once), are really clean, and have balconies. They have CD players and cable TV, a full kitchen with plates, glasses and silverware, and are stocked with cheese, crackers, milk, OJ, coffee, tea, bread, etc.

There are spare sheets and towels, and a washing machine. Maid service is twice a week. Typically, US$300 per week +US$15 for the apt. phone.

There are no taxes, unlike the high hotel taxes, and she includes an airport pickup for free. Both times I was able to stay and use! the apartment until 7:00pm on my day of departure. No need to store bags or negotiate a late checkout.. She will then arrange a driver to the airport for less than $P40 if you want. Makes that last day a good one.

When you arrive, you can walk a block or 2 to the Disco supermarket and stock up on inexpensive wine, champagne, Coca Lite (a favorite of the chicas I entertained), fruit salad, prepared foods, candy or packaged deserts. Nothing costs much, but when a cutie is leaving and you give her a treat to go, she smiles.

To contact Paz, her cell is 15-4069-9446, email: housingba@aol.com. In February, she’s pretty full, so contact early. She knows me as Daniel. My last apartment was 1853 Ayacucho, Floor 9b. It looks onto the back of Hotel Etoile, but also has views of Recoleta Cemetery, Rio del Plata and the Artisans Fair (on weekends).

Apartment on 1225 Peron (from bytargentina.com) near cross of Peron/Talchuano

Pluses

Close to Obelisco
    Almost 1700 square ft of space - 2 loft's serve as BR's
    Central location
    price = $250 per week
    well appointed kitchen
    nice patio area
    large windows

Negatives

no elevator - 3rd floor
    AC is a small unit in master BR only
    no bath tub
    due to loft BR's - little privacy (could be a plus!)

Overall this place if HUGE and a good deal for the money. Neighborhood is central, but not lively. However taxi is 5 pesos from Recoleta. See link for details on web site.

http://www.bytargentina.com/re/propview.php?view=475&bookit=

I recommend this for size versus money. Good place for a party!

Administrator

Venues: 398

2002-2004 Apartment Reports

Thread Starter.

Posting Limitations