Thread: Rosario

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Locals or updated recommendations?

I am planning a trip to Rosario. A friend lives in the area and most of the information here seems old. Any new updates from locals?

Happy Birthday WT69!

Last year, I went to Rosario. Thanks to your Rosario List, I had a great time there.

I went to Puerto Gaboto and ate fish.

They are great fish.

Happy birthday, WT69!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010449.jpg‎   P1010451.jpg‎   P1010453.jpg‎   P1010447.jpg‎  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Psyche For This Post:

Any news about Rosario

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero  [View Original Post]
    I will be going there and to san lorenzo for a few days. From the people who have been there recently told me a lot has changed in the last 6 months, is it true?
    I am going to Rosario, for the next 10 days. So any updates on nice girls to visit

Rosario update anyone please?

I will be going there and to san lorenzo for a few days. From the people who have been there recently told me a lot has changed in the last 6 months, is it true?

Update

I went to Presidente Roca 1289 at around 11:30 pm. 2 fat (young) ladies. 180 p for an hour. I declined.

Tried Las Vegas, but it looks like they no longer are in business.

I stayed at a cheap hostel. Majestic hotel looked good, but I wanted to save money. I used taxi a lot. It is not expensive that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Psyche  [View Original Post]
    -Catamarga 1181. I asked her for another room, but she told me that none of the rooms has lights. I told her that I wanted to leave because in this room w / o light there was no any difference among girls, dogs and cats. She laughed and said no problem.
    Loved your comment, Matt. BTW, can you suggest something about hotels, local transport as well. Thanks.

Rosario 2nd Day

It is Sunday today, and the town is very slow. Many people are at the riverfront. Lunch at WT69's favorite, Puerto Gaboto, Pellegrini 584. I ate a very good, and big, fish called Surubi. Very nice restaurant. There were about 5 waitresses, but none of them were good looking.

-9 Julio 474. Stopped by around 1pm. A lady different from a lady I met yesterday, late 30s or early 40s, told me that she was the only available girl. I left.

-Italia 1485. Two girls in the late 20s or early 30s. 5-7, fat. I left.

-Catamarga 1181. Pushed the buzzer, but no response. Closed on Sundays?

I will return to BA tomorrow!

Mixed report

Let me start with my conclusion first. Rosario is a good place if you want to eat good river fish and relax. But if you want to visit privados, this is not a right place. There are relatively few privados, among which very few has more than three girls available. When I arrived Rosario in the noon, it was hot, and a hotel guy told me that Rosario is hotter than BA. So I did not bring my jacket when I left the hotel. Soon after I left the hotel, the weather drastically changed, it began rain first, and after the rain very cold, stormy wind hit the town. Everybody, except me, was wearing jackets. It is ironical because I was the only one carrying a jacket for no use in BA and Jackson laughed at me about it.

-Catamarga 1181. Stopped by around 3pm. Five girls. All 3-7s. Mama-san told me that there would be different chicas after 8pm. I said I would come back, and left.

-Mendoza 909. Not in business any more.

-Laprida 1418. After I pushed the buzzer, a lady from intercom told me that all the girls were busy. After I asked when I should come back to see the girls, the lady started a long story which I did not understand. I only trust short, clear answers to my questions. So I left.

-9 Julio 474. After I pushed the buzzer a lady immediately responded, but it took ten minutes for her to open the door. Many privados and other businesses are like that, and they say they do not know why Argentina does not have many foreign investors / corporations moving in. A lady, late 30s or early 40s, took me into a room and told me that only she was available. I left.

-Italia 1485. A lady told me that there were only 3 girls and all of them were busy. When I asked what time I better come back to see the girls, she said she did not know.

-Catamarga 1181. I made a 2nd visit around 9pm. It took 15 minutes for the incompetent, disorganized, and always running around mamasan to open the door after I talked to her on Intercom. 3 girls. I picked a rubia. 8-9, good body, and paid 180 peso for 1h to mama san. The rubia took me to a very dark room where there was a very small light. I could not see anything. I asked her for another room, but she told me that none of the rooms has lights. I told her that I wanted to leave because in this room w / o light there was no any difference among girls, dogs and cats. She laughed and said no problem. She left the room, soon brought 180p and gave it back to me. When I was leaving I asked the rubia if Argentine guys prefer dark rooms, and she said si.

-Club Mitre de Pescado. A diner-like, non-fancy restaurant at the fishing place only for Club Mitre members. North of Parque Espana. Close to the bar, Quillago, there is an elevator for club Mitre at B1. I ate Pacu, very good and juicy river fish for about US $15.

Near the River

I personally liked being near the river. The Monument area is a great spot.

I would like to stay at a cheap hostel in Rosario. I found hostels at riverside close to the monumento de bandera and in downtown close to Plaza salmiento. Which location is better? Thanks a lot.

Map of Privados in Rosario

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...3ae0bc07b&z=14

Based on the Great WT69's list, I made a map of privados (and clubs) in Rosario. Thanks a lot, WT!

I would like to stay at a cheap hostel in Rosario. I found hostels at riverside close to the monumento de bandera and in downtown close to Plaza salmiento. Which location is better? Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Trampa  [View Original Post]
    It's called monumento del bandera, or roughly translate monument for the Argentine flag. They also have a huge cermony some day (I think I-day or so) which is actually quite fun and lot's of saluting of the flag

In the last 6 months, actually US$ got stronger by 25-30% against A peso. This means that the chica and other costs "in terms of $" are supposed to be cheaper now. But it seems to me whenever dollar gets strong, privados raise prices. So two things are possible. First, they watch the exchange rate and raise the price when $ gets strong, because there is no difference for gringos who calculate prices in $ term. Second, inflation raises prices including privado fees, and weakens peso against US$. Maybe both are the cases. I am trying to go to Rosario this March. Hopefully I will find out the prices.
    It's called monumento del bandera, or roughly translate monument for the Argentine flag. They also have a huge cermony some day (I think I-day or so) which is actually quite fun and lot's of saluting of the flag

Thanks a lot WT and Aqualung! The pics look great. Beautiful architectures!! What is the name of the white building with a lot of colums? I will be in Argentina March 9-18. I will try to visit Rosario. If you are in Buenos Aires in March, I would like to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    As

Aqualung said.

Just walk past the Retiro train station to the bus station.

I thought I posted this Link.

A Great River town.

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/zh9GG3ur

In the last 6 months, actually US$ got stronger by 25-30% against A peso. This means that the chica and other costs "in terms of $" are supposed to be cheaper now. But it seems to me whenever dollar gets strong, privados raise prices. So two things are possible. First, they watch the exchange rate and raise the price when $ gets strong, because there is no difference for gringos who calculate prices in $ term. Second, inflation raises prices including privado fees, and weakens peso against US$. Maybe both are the cases. I am trying to go to Rosario this March. Hopefully I will find out the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakey  [View Original Post]
    Hey, I have been devouring this site for all its useful information. Thank you to everyone, especially Jackson, for your efforts! I am coming to BA at the end of the year for the first time. I am just wondering about the prices. They seem to be all over the place. Is that a reflection of currency movements and inflation? Or am I missing something? The prices in Rosario seem to be so cheap but since this post they may have doubled? Help? And thanks again! A general list of prices and some idea of there linear movements would really help this newbie.

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations