Thread: Photo Gallery - Discussion

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by MoonDog

Printing of Digital Photos

First of all, thanks for the responses to my original post a few days ago. I found a place on Florida; the address from the receipt:

Kodak Express.

Galerias Pacifico (although they are not in the Galerias Pacifico)

Magic Photo S. A.

Florida 783

The kiosks are bilingual but there was a clerk who spoke decent English and helped me. 37 post card photos cost 59,20 pesos. Although the kiosks are hardly private, if you stood squarely in front of one it would not be easy for someone to see the smutty photos you were printing.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3313
    And here you can see the same comparison between Estefany's "real" and "fantasy" pictures.
    Good info Member #3313. How much did Estefany charge you. This is right up.

My alley.

in addition

Most of the places have card readers, just take the camera, they pull out the memory stick it in the slot and a couple mins later you have photos. Only issue, they will see everything on the card, so perhaps burning a cd with only the photos you want is best.

Photos from CD

There are a number places that do Kodak printing from CDs. I have done this several times. Camera stores and stores with the production equipment right in the window seem to be all over the place. If you have the usb attachment they may be able to directly download the photos from your camera but it seems easier and more secure to pop the photos you want onto a cd and leave that with them. Sorry, but can't remember a specific address and in my experience very little english was spoken but communication was not a problem pointing to the CD and to the examples of 8/10 or 4/6 that they had out.
    Last edited by Stormy; 03-10-07 at 13:33. Reason: more info

Printing of Digital Photos

How can I get some photos from my digital camera printed here? A chica indicates that it is possible. Do they suck the photos directly out of my camera, or do I have to put the files on a CD? Will there likely be someone who speaks a bit of English at a place which can print digital photos? Can anyone recommend a particular place?

Thanks,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz
    I really want to add mis dos centavos, not about the debate but rather the manner of the debate. Saint and Moondog give a fine example of how to disagree and debate respectfully in an open forum. I would like to commend both of them for stateing their positions, pointing out where they may disagree and continuing to debate in a repectfull, manner befiting gentlemen. Lunch for both on me at anyplace with a drive through.
    DR,

I appreciate the nice words and the offer, but I gave up drive through restaurants long ago. See you in the next Spanish Class, and appreciate your help in the last one.

Moondog

Quote Originally Posted by Paul VJK
    Of the girls I've 'sampled' during my couple of trips down there, I'd say most don't look like their pictures. But there were a couple that did - including Roxanne's Cari and Bane.
    Add Ayi to the list.

A fine example

I really want to add mis dos centavos, not about the debate but rather the manner of the debate. Saint and Moondog give a fine example of how to disagree and debate respectfully in an open forum. I would like to commend both of them for stateing their positions, pointing out where they may disagree and continuing to debate in a repectfull, manner befiting gentlemen. Lunch for both on me at anyplace with a drive through.

Chicas - Reality vs Pics

Of the girls I've 'sampled' during my couple of trips down there, I'd say most don't look like their pictures. But there were a couple that did - including Roxanne's Cari and Bane.

Reality versus chica in person

Guys,

All of these chicas' pics look different on the professional websites when they've been made up by professional make-up men and posed by professional photographers with professional backdrops, etc. Than they look in the pics taken by us mongers, many of whom don't know an F-Stop from the F train in the NY City Subway system. But I'm SURE, having been to BA 5 times now and having mongered my balls off, that these chicas who don't look nearly as good in our amateur pics, look just fine in person and even better when the lights are dimmed and they've got their hands and lips all over our shafts and sometimes in our anuses, no? I can't think of a single chica that I've "sessioned" with (to use a term frequently used by the great Saint in many of his posts) that looked the same in person as they did in the professional publicity shots. I'm sure La Pampita herself doesn't look nearly as good in person as she does in her cover shots.

Member #3313, thanks for the great shots, I just love these shots you've recently taken and they make me want to hop on the next plane out for BA despite the fact that they photograph differently with our 4 megapixel digital cameras than they do for the professional photographer's camera.

Saludos, DownBA2

Photoshop

And here you can see the same comparison between Estefany's "real" and "fantasy" pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Estefany.jpg‎  

Photoshop

You were right, Doggboy, when you drew comparison between Anahí's real and Platynum pictures. Here are two similar pictures (real and "fantasy") side by side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anahi.jpg‎  

Monger-Pack ®

Great observation, Sportsman! A good monger will never leave home without it!

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantisLove
    I think I recall a brief discussion here a while ago about the resolution requirement of photos posted here. But my searches are not finding nada.

So. 1) Is there a required or preferred resolution? And 2) If I have a photo that is in the wrong resolution, is there a free utility which can convert a photo to the required / preferred resolution?

Thanks, Bob
    Bob,

I have uploaded pictures up to 648 pixels, which is close to the maximum allowable resolution. Microsoft Photo Editor is an easy way to change photo resolution. Go to the "Image" pull down menu and select "Resize" option. Then change the unit option from "Inches' to "Pixels" from the pop up window. Enter the height and width resulotions and save the file. I look forward to your pictures.

Sportsman

Tech. Question re Resolution

I think I recall a brief discussion here a while ago about the resolution requirement of photos posted here. But my searches are not finding nada.

So. 1) Is there a required or preferred resolution? And 2) If I have a photo that is in the wrong resolution, is there a free utility which can convert a photo to the required / preferred resolution?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

1. Photos must be in .JPG or .GIF format.

2. Photos cannot be bigger than 640 pixels by 640 pixels in size.

You can resize your images using almost any graphics program such as Photoshop, Paintshop or Microsoft's Publisher.

If you do not have a graphics program on your computer you can download a FREE program called Mihov Image Resizer from www.imageresizer.com.

This FREE program is easy to use, and will quickly reduce, rename and save the photos you select to the size necessary for the Forum, all while leaving your existing image file completely untouched. Let's keep those photographs coming!

Another free image resizer may be found at www.xemico.com/photogadget.

Thanks,

Jackson

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations