Thread: The Biden Administration

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Don B

Biden

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC  [View Original Post]
    Yes, he's leading the. GOP field by a mile, but after his trials and possibly campaigning from his prison cell, I don't fancy his chances in the general election. Btw, any evidence whatsoever that this Deep Stateexists? Apart from inside the world of paranoia that this belief comes from. I have greater faith in the American people than you and don't believe they will vote for a man who has actually said he wants to be a dictator, even if for only one day. Putting political opponents and journalists in prison from day one is not a policy I'd vote for. Putin and Xi use this tactic, I'd like to think the USA is better than that.
    Will the Democrats dump Biden?

DonB.

Biden

Yes, he's leading the. GOP field by a mile, but after his trials and possibly campaigning from his prison cell, I don't fancy his chances in the general election. Btw, any evidence whatsoever that this Deep Stateexists? Apart from inside the world of paranoia that this belief comes from. I have greater faith in the American people than you and don't believe they will vote for a man who has actually said he wants to be a dictator, even if for only one day. Putting political opponents and journalists in prison from day one is not a policy I'd vote for. Putin and Xi use this tactic, I'd like to think the USA is better than that.
    Will the Democrats dump Biden?

DonB.

Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    Where do you live (general location) Argentina, USA? Red State or Blue?

Trump is so far ahead of the entire field it isn't close. The Deep State will have to pull some other trick out of its dirty tricks bag.
    Yes, he's leading the. GOP field by a mile, but after his trials and possibly campaigning from his prison cell, I don't fancy his chances in the general election. Btw, any evidence whatsoever that this ´Deep State´exists? Apart from inside the world of paranoia that this belief comes from. I have greater faith in the American people than you and don't believe they will vote for a man who has actually said he wants to be a dictator, even if for only one day. Putting political opponents and journalists in prison from day one is not a policy I'd vote for. Putin and Xi use this tactic, I'd like to think the USA is better than that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveC For This Post:

I hear that Trump is now selling digital trading cards featuring his mugshot. They are $99 each. Anyone buying 47 cards will get a piece of the suit he was wearing that day, and an invite to Mar-A-Lago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6suOE1T-08

This will be a great addition to his superhero, cowboy, and astronaut digital trading cards.

Is this satire? Apart from the MAGA crowd decent Americans will see this traitor for what he is well before the election.
    Where do you live (general location) Argentina, USA? Red State or Blue?

Trump is so far ahead of the entire field it isn't close. The Deep State will have to pull some other trick out of its dirty tricks bag.

Regardless, Trump will be reelected in a landslide in November 2024.*
    Is this satire? Apart from the MAGA crowd decent Americans will see this traitor for what he is well before the election.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveC For This Post:

There is plenty of evidence to impeach Biden.
    Can you provide any? If you can't see that this is purely a distraction and to create a false equivalence to Trump's impeachments, then you must be very naive.

Here are some quotes from various GOP Congressmen. Tell us how you know more than they do.

Speaker Mike Johnson has reportedly told his own colleagues “that there is insufficient evidence to initiate formal impeachment proceedings.”.

Rep. Mike McCaul admitted: “We don’t have the evidence.”.

Rep. Ken Buck said that impeachment evidence "doesn't"exist right now.” He has also said, “I haven’t seen evidence linking Hunter Biden’s activities to Joe Biden” and that "I'm not convinced that that evidence exists.” He also wrote a Washington Post op-ed to say: “Republicans in the House who are itching for an impeachment are relying on an imagined history.”.

Rep. Dusty Johnson said: “There is a constitutional and legal test that you have to meet with evidence” when it comes to impeachment but that he has “not seen that evidence.”.

Rep. John Curtis said: “My bar for impeachment is incredibly high… For me it’s all about is there an impeachable offense and is there evidence of an impeachable offense,” and when asked if he had seen anything that comes close to that bar, he answered: “No.”.

Rep. Darrell Issa, former House Oversight Chair said: “The actual participation by the vice president and now president – that still has to be discovered and or nailed down.”.

Rep. Lisa McClain, when asked if House Republicans, after nearly a year of investigating, had uncovered any improperly-influenced policy decisions by President Biden, said, “The short answer is no.”.

Rep. Dave Joyce said: “You hear a lot of rumor and innuendo … but that’s not fact to me. As a former prosecutor, I think there has to be facts, and I think there has to be due process that we follow, and I’ve not seen any of that.”.

Rep. Chuck Edwards said: “I’ve heard over and over that President Biden has not been implicated or proven for any wrongdoing here, and I acknowledge that.”.

Rep. Don Bacon said: “I think before we move on to (an) impeachment inquiry, we should … there should be a direct link to the president in some evidence…We should have some clear evidence of a high crime or misdemeanor, not just assuming there may be one. I think we need to have more concrete evidence to go down that path.”.

Rep. French Hill of Arkansas told CBS that House Republicans have not “even remotely completed their work on the kind of detailed investigations and quality work” needed to proceed to impeachment, warning that Republicans would be making “mistakes” by “prematurely moving to impeachment.”.

Rep. Tony Gonzales “criticized some of his conservative colleagues’ impeachment calls (…) ‘The people back at home in my district are worried about inflation, worried about the border, their kids being safe in school — you know, real issues.’“.

Rep. Mike Lawler, who represents a district President Biden won in 2020, on impeachment: “Are the (investigations) producing enough facts and evidence that warrant taking it to the next step? I don’t think it’s there at the moment.”.

There is plenty of evidence to impeach Biden. Everyone (that is free thinking people with IQs over 80) know he is as dirty as can be. However, I don't think that the Republicans should indict the decrepit, corrupt scumbag. Bumping Joe from office is exactly what the Democrats need. Joe is demented and unfit for office. Everyone knows that whether or not they will admit it. Camel-A is more unpopular than herpes. The current Democrat ticket is the most unappealing in history. So, if the Republicans force the issue with an impeachment (which will never see a conviction in the Senate) they will give the Democrats the "Out" they have been looking for. They can dump both Biden and Camel-A and substitute Gavin Newsome and some other leftist (Mike Obama being the one I think they'd like) and there are no messy debates about bumping Camel-A. No one will give a second though to dumping Joe.

So, I propose Republicans just nip at Joe's heels and be a pain in the ass but don't turn this into an impeachment.

Regardless, Trump will be reelected in a landslide in November 2024.*

*If the subject of sport fucking can't resurrect this forum maybe politics can...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Any facts to support indicting Biden?

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    There have not been any political comments for years. The current from runners for the next Presidential election are one that has been indicted and one that should be.

Don B.
    The Congressional committee led by Comer into impeaching Biden has gone nowhere for a year. No evidence has been produced and the only reason it's continuing is as a diversion from Trump's very real problems. The latest charge was a payment from Hunter to his father.....$5,000 to repay a truck loan. Despite Biden's faults, compared to a candidate who's promised to be a dictator on his first day in office, voting for Biden would be a vote to preserve democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    There have not been any political comments for years. The current from runners for the next Presidential election are one that has been indicted and one that should be.

Don B.
    When I was a frequent visitor to Bs As, I laid down some political red meat. Got some good responses. Some butt hurt. Rarely was it the merit-based debate for which I was looking. I enjoyed debate not, necessarily changing someone's views.

There was a fair amount of leftwing nuttery going around...*

* Said in jest with lots of love to the denizens of AP

The Biden Administration

Don B.

Posting Limitations