Thread: Spanish Phrases

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendez  [View Original Post]
    Is there a good proverb for "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."?
    "Mejor pajaro en mano que cien volando".

The exact tranlation would be "better a bird in hands than a hundred flying".

Is there a good proverb for "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."?

Quote Originally Posted by Picturesofyou  [View Original Post]
    This thread it's so good!! I wish I found this before traveling to BA.
    Good stuff, and entertaining.

This thread it's so good!! I wish I found this before traveling to BA.

Goldmine for learners

Wish I discovered this earlier. So useful!

I'll silk screen it for you

Quote Originally Posted by My Former Name
    Thanks for the lesson.

I've also found a web site that has a nice dictionary for Argentine slang. http://argentineslang.wordpress.com/ It's only single words, but helpful.

I suppose that I can go to Madahos with a label on my shirt that says "Yo queiro pete sin-- doscientos pesos" and get a good laugh.
    If your smart phone is secure (I. E. cannot be accessed by someone who would divorce you if she discovered such material) put the phrases in there on the note pad. Feel free to refer to the notes as needed. If you are pronouncing something wrong, show her the phrase and she will understand.

Spanish Phrases

Thanks for the lesson.

I've also found a web site that has a nice dictionary for Argentine slang. http://argentineslang.wordpress.com/ It's only single words, but helpful.

I suppose that I can go to Madahos with a label on my shirt that says "Yo queiro pete sin-- doscientos pesos" and get a good laugh.

Check this post from MCSE

Please see below. I think that there are a handful of posts in this section that account for 99% of my Spanish vocabulary.

As anyone here can tell you, I know almost no spanish.

I have found that you do not need to speak in full sentences (what a relief) a couple of words or phrases usually work.

For bbbj you can say 'pete sin' (pronounced 'pet-ay sin')

For BBBJCIM, I think 'bucal sin hasta el fin' will suffice.

Deep throat is 'garganta profunda'

For CIM 'acabo in boca'

For COF 'acabo in cara'

For COF 'acabo in tetas'

You can substitute 'termino' for 'acabo'

Also, see this link.

http://www.singletravel.com/hot/spanish/

Quote Originally Posted by MCSE
    BODY PARTS

Pussy = Gentleman say "Vagina", When Horny say "Concha"

Tits = Gentleman say "Lolas", When Horny say "Tetas", "Gomas"

Nipples = Pezones

Ass = Cola

Asshole Culo, orto

Cock = Pija (it's female, la pija, not el pija)
    (also, traslated as "la bestia" but few cases like mine)

Balls (testicles) = Huevos

Finger = Dedo

Chica descriptions

CHICA DESCRIPTIONS

Bubblebutt = Culona

Petite = Chiquita, menuda, petisa

Slim = Flaca

Full-figured = N/A

Busty = Tetona

Tall = Alta

ACTIONS

Fuck = Gentleman say "Coger", When Horny say "Garchar"

Missionary = Vos abajo

Cowgirl = N/A

Reverse Cowgirl = N/A

Doggy = Por atras.

Anal = Anal

BJ = Gentleman say "oral", When horny say "pete"

BBBJ = Gentleman: say "oral-sin-globito", When horny say "pete sin"

BBBJCIM = N/A

CBJ = Gentleman say "oral-con-globito", When horny say "pete con"

Kiss = Beso

French Kiss = Pete

DURING THE ACT

Suck = Chupar, mamar

Suck my balls = Chupame un huevo

Tongue my asshole = Lameme el orto

(Don't) Put a finger in my ass = Saca!

Spread your (ass) cheeks = Abrite

Put a finger in your ass = Metete el dedo

Slower = Despacio

Faster = Mas fuerte

I am in heaven = N/A

IN ADDITION

Jizz = Leche.

Swallow = Tragar.

I've made distinction on gentleman and when horny, since some words it's better to keep it when both are naked. Strong words may cause she cut the phone and / or other inconveniences.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Hook up phrases

What is the castellano or espnanol for:

Do you do BBBJ?

I see the expression Pete, and Mamana used for castellano and espanol for BJ. I see sin, sin forro, sin condon and several other for without condom.

What is the most understood version in BA, with the understanding that all the chica's are not portenas. For those of us linguisticly challenged, the second question after cuanto cuesta, I bet, is the above.

I would also request that some linguist post the castellano for the abreviations in the abreviations and send me a PM so I can buy his dinner the next time I'm in BA.

Suerte.

MFM

Much appreciation. Sounds like you nailed it exactly on the head.

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Master J
    My ex novia and family are having a party for a cousin coming up. What is the exact phrase and custom of a girls 15th birthday party.

I was amazed at how much they are spending on the occasion but it seems everyone is contributing?

What will the festivities be like?

I am sure the sun will rise, but are all children welcome? Do they go to church during the day? Drinking for sure, is there a no gringo rule.

Any info appreciated.

PS. I was invited last time by the mother for A Sunday dinner and I was a no show for personal reasons. Is that huge or forgiveable.
    The word in general is quinceañera or fiesta de quince años (15th birthday party) This birthday party is huge and important; very similar to a wedding. It's a time for families, rich or poor, to show off (mostrarse) what they have. Families will beg, borrow, or steal to have the best possible quinceañera. The 15 year old girl will start planning this party one year before. She will start pushing her parents for everything she wants for the party; gown, shoes, makeup, etc. She will throw tantrums, she will be moody, present herself as being spoiled (caprichosa) until she gets her way.

Familes get crazy planning this fiesta. I will give you an example of one quinceañera that was truly tragic. I do volunteer work whenever I'm in Buenos Aires. I was helping a couple with 3 kids, one of which was born with impaired legs and couldn't walk. I was able to push the public hospital to attend to this child as quickly as possible. After a few operations he was able to walk a bit and I made arrangemets for the city of Buenos Aires to replace every six months orthotic boots.

This family was living in a villa. The daughter put a lot of pressure on them have the best possible birthday party (the parents felt the pressure to also show off) They couldn't borrow, they couldn't steal, so they sold their house (shack) in the villa for 25,000 pesos. Well they spent every centavo they had planning the party and while planning the party spent some of the money on asados and cheap wine.

The end result was that this family was left homeless. They moved into the mother-in-law's house and one year later they are still trying to recover.

I tried to stop these idiots from going ahead with this stupid plan because I thought they should concentrate on the education of the child who can barely walk and won't be able to work as a common labor.

About 3 months ago I overheard a person (poor) say her daughter's party ended up costing about 50 thousand pesos. I'm sure she was just bragging but I'm sure it did cost at least half that amount.

By the way, gringos are always allowed and welcomed to these parties especially if they pay or contribute to the cost. Children will definetily be at the fiesta. Drinking will go on at least until 5 in the morning. I've been to three and although I see them as being costly and stupid they are festive and a lot of fun. Be prepared to dance all night long.

One more thing, it's rude not to show up for an invitation to dinner in any country or culture. I'm sure they will forgive you if the gift to the child is big.

My ex novia and family are having a party for a cousin coming up. What is the exact phrase and custom of a girls 15th birthday party.

I was amazed at how much they are spending on the occasion but it seems everyone is contributing?

What will the festivities be like?

I am sure the sun will rise, but are all children welcome? Do they go to church during the day? Drinking for sure, is there a no gringo rule.

Any info appreciated.

PS. I was invited last time by the mother for A Sunday dinner and I was a no show for personal reasons. Is that huge or forgiveable.

Thanks for the translation Facundo! It gives me a better understanding of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Facundo
    No, it doesn't have the same meaning as in some Asian countries. The phrase, "Mariposa Traicionera", is just a metaphor for a woman who is like a butterfly who flies from one place to another with the wind without commitments to anyone. Here is a quick and dirty translation of the lyrics:

Betraying Butterfly.

You're like a butterfly.

You fly and pose yourself from mouth to mouth.

Easy and slight of those who incite you.

I'm a mouse of your mousetrap.

Trap that doesn't kill but doesn't liberate.

I live dying as a prisoner.

Betraying butterfly.

Everything's gone with the wind.

Butterfly I don't come back.

Love butterfly, my love butterfly.

I don't come back with you anymore.

Never again by your side.

Fly love, fly pain.

And don't come back to a side.

Go already from flower to flower.

Seducing the pistils.

And fly near the sun.

So you can feel what pain is.

Oh, woman how you hurt.

The minutes pass by like they were years.

See, this jealousy is killing me.

Oh, woman how easy you are.

You open your little wings, coloured thighs.

Where your lovers are posed.

Betraying butterfly.

Fly love, fly pain.

Have luck in your life.

Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay pain.

I cried you a river.

Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay love.

You're going to fly

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Yujin For This Post:

Man, good translation Facundo you got it right. Only thing I could add as a comment (not related to mana's song) is that in México a Mariposa o Mariposilla (Butterfly or little butterfly) also means a streetwalker ho which charges little money for her services. She is usually found in the poor sides of the city.

For example in México City you could find them in Mercado de la Merced near Plaza de la Constitución and they would probably charge you $15-20 USD per pop.

I've been in BSAS but I don't know if there is a traditional place for this type of ho'es. You know a place like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin
    I've watched this music video by Mana entitled "Mariposa Traicionera" and I know mariposa means butterfly. In Thailand and the Philippines, a "butterfly" is a person (normally a man) who does not stay with one person. Does it have the same meaning or common usage in Spanish because I don't think I've ever heard it used that way in my travels through Latin America? (Nice looking gal in the video!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14799189754094
    No, it doesn't have the same meaning as in some Asian countries. The phrase, "Mariposa Traicionera", is just a metaphor for a woman who is like a butterfly who flies from one place to another with the wind without commitments to anyone. Here is a quick and dirty translation of the lyrics:

Betraying Butterfly.

You're like a butterfly.

You fly and pose yourself from mouth to mouth.

Easy and slight of those who incite you.

I'm a mouse of your mousetrap.

Trap that doesn't kill but doesn't liberate.

I live dying as a prisoner.

Betraying butterfly.

Fly love, fly pain.

And don't come back to a side.

Go already from flower to flower.

Seducing the pistils.

And fly near the sun.

So you can feel what pain is.

Oh, woman how you hurt.

The minutes pass by like they were years.

See, this jealousy is killing me.

Oh, woman how easy you are.

You open your little wings, coloured thighs.

Where your lovers are posed.

Betraying butterfly.

Fly love, fly pain.

Have luck in your life.

Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay pain.

I cried you a river.