Thread: Spanish Phrases

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Understanding /www.bairesgirls.com.ar/foro

Although my Spanish is pretty poor, I think that I can use the posts on /www.bairesgirls.com.ar/foro in my research of girls I might want to see on my next trip. I am finding a few key words which my dictionary is not helping me with. One is "onda". It gets a numeric value. One is "PT". (¿preservativo?) And I find "ogt" and "gft" used. What would they stand for?

Gracias, Bob

A friend of mine who is a Colombian native who teaches Spanish as a second language has a good, common sense suggestion on how to really accelerate your Spanish language learning and you can administer this with the minimalistic investment of a good Spanish-English dictionary.

The theory is that in our daily lives we typically don't use more than 100-200 different vocabulary words...SO, you start by taking inventory of these 100-200 words - write them down on a piece of paper - and start memorizing as many as you can by using cue cards or any other method you like.

As for verbs, one of my monger friends has an interesting theory on Spanish verbs that he claims works even if you dont' yet know how to conjugate them: he says that you should just say the verb in the "infinitive" form, i.e., if you wanted to eat you'd simply announce, "comer" and rest assured that a chica you're with will most definitely understand your intention. Same if you want to fuck, just announce, "coger" and you'll be communicating in Spanish and in most cases you'll get some correction from the native speaker. If you want to look for chicas, announce "buscar chicas" and so on and so on.

It shouldn't be that difficult for the average monger to achieve the attainable goal of memorizing 100 words in fairly short order and doing this will ensure the monger will have a better time communicating with the chicas.

Next, try like heck to speak to your BA bedmates no matter how poorly you speak since you're likely going to hear responses that you'll begin to remember after you hear enough repetition and you're also likely to receive some invaluable language lessons from your chica of the moment.

Lastly, my cardinal rule on Spanish language: carry a dictionary around with you, one of the small pocket ones, and as you search for a Spanish word to fit a situation, look it up right then and there and say it a few times aloud or in your head, learning these words contextually makes all the difference in the world and helps lock in the meanings in your memory! As you walk the streets read every sign above stores, in store windows, advertisements, etc, and look up every word you don't know. If you did this during your 1 week trip to BA you'd be amazed at how quickly your vocabulary improves. Lots of luck learning this beautiful language mongers! DownBA

Thank you Andres, Down Ba, Mr Butts, and Murilloa.

By the time this post clears editorial review, I will be clearing customs at EZE (3am Thursday). I plan to try each of your suggested methods at least once. If all else fails, I'll resort to international signing: sticking my finger in my mouth while saying leche and swallowing hard.

Thanks again for the help. Wish me buena suerte !

Stormin

A funny story.

I was telling an Argentine friend that I know there are mines in Argentina. Like copper mines etc.

And I said what thought was ok in spanish."Yes I know...you can dig in the mines."

I later later found out that here they call a nice babe a "mina". and mina is also "mine" (As in copper). And to say dig is "cavar". But "acavar" means to finish and also can mean "to come" (as in ejaculate)

So I had said.

"Si, podes a cavar en las minas". Which sounded alot like "Yes, you can come in the hot babes!"

"I love this F***ing country!"

Roland

Just say, 'tragáme la leche!' as you are about to spurt she will get the message as well as a mouthful of muy buena leche.

Or if you want to give her fair warning, just before you spurt, make the following announcement: 'quiero llenarte la boca, amor'

pron. kyee-ro chenartay la boca

She will say, if you are lucky. 'dále nomás, hijo de puta'

(just do it, bastard)

and then comes the difficult part, you will feel obliged to ejaculate into her mouth.
    Hope it goes ok
    suerte, boludo,
    Mur

"Shupa shupa?" works for me (also works in Rio)

Butts

I'm never going to contradict Andres again guys, you have my solemn oath on that fellas.

But to answer Stormin Normin, the way I'd ask to be given head without a rubber and cum in the girls mouth with my very gringo-like, un-lumfardo castellano, I'd say something like, "quiero echarte un polvo en tu boca mientras me chupes sin globito" or "quiero que me chupes sin foro/preservativo (this is a monger's choice) y quiero echarte mi polvo/leche (another monger's choice) en tu boca", or some variant. I'm sure the chica's going to be thinking, "You sure don't sound like any Porteno I know with that sentence structure, GRINGO but I'm going to suck you and lick you for your dear life."

I've given up trying to sound like a real Porteno, I'm just tickled pink I can get my point across 99 percent of the time. DownBA

I would like a BBBJCIMWS
    The mildest way I can find is "Me la chupás y te tomás todo?". Not for an academic dissertation, indeed.

Hope this helps,

Andrés

Andres:

I found your "me la chupas sin forro" translation.

Would you be kind enough to take it a step further and try:

"I would like a BBBJCIMWS" polite enough that a portena will not slap me?

Thanks in advance,

Stormin

I thought that the whole point of this section was to correct ANY mistakes one could make (and not only gross ones). My native language is Spanish and I always appreciated it when a friend in the States corrected me when i made mistakes (even simple ones). I never replied : "But you also sound funny when you try to speak Spanish". Even though he did sound funny. It would have been unfair--I think.

Andres,
    You must work in the diplomatic corpes. I was thinking that the hacerte phrase could/should make one sound a little more seasoned, after your explanation on body parts vs the person.

I still say "tu body part" at times as I don not want to have any confusion as to who's colita we are talking about after some of the earlier posts, even though I think I should be saying la/el.
    Well put.
    MAG

Multi-level communication

I don't know how to define it, so I called it "multi-level" communication. Basically, it revolves around the multiple messages that you throw when you use a give phrase, specially one from slang (lunfardo).

In the previous case discussed, girls will perfectly understand "quiero coger la colita". But (and this is a very important "but") when you use the most common phrase ("quiero hacerte la colita") you are also saying "I know people here. I was so long around that I know how to play the hobby here and what to expect from girls. I am not a newbie, even if I pronounce differently or if I speak slow". It sets a completely different scenario, much more favorable to you.

That's the reason for pointing out such nuance.

Andres

DH, I'm with you on being helped to improve your local dialect by a native such as Andres. I'm just opposed to Andres's comment seen in quotes below, since it's simply not true.

"Girls would understand better "hacer la colita" instead of "coger la colita".

Look, I'm never going to sound like Andres when I speak Castellano and neither are you, DH, any more than Andres is going to sound like us with his "butts" and other little faux pas and that's exactly the point: I undestand "butts" perfectly well to be "ass" so I'd never correct Andres on "butts" since it's perfectly understandable. Same with my "quiero cogerte la colita" exept in the case of "quiero cogerte la colita" not only is it totally understandable it's perfectly spelled and stated albeit not "lumfardo". Ok, so I don't speak much lumfardo but girls aren't going to understand me any better if I say "hacer la colita" instead of "coger la colita".

So in conclusion and this IS my last entry on this dead horse, fellas, (you guys can have it all you want since I'm officially done with this sorry quibble as of now) my point is I'm in favor of correcting the really bad stuff and not arguing over how many angels fit on the head of a pin. Does the old addage "there's more than one way to shoe a horse" ring true for ANYBODY out there?

One question regarding the few expressions below with "polvo":

How should I translate this word? The only translation that I am familiar with is polvo = dust or powder.

Based on the context of these expression, it looks like "polvo" should be "load", "jizz", or "cum", but that seems like an odd choice to pick the word for powder to be the slang word for this.

I appreciate the new expressions, but why are you posting them without English translations? They sort of lose their utility unless it is incredibly obvious what they mean.

Andres, you're right that "quiero hacer la colita" is a very popular lumfardo expression but your original comment (take a look for yourself) was that the chicas would understand my expression less than yours and you know in your corazon of corazones that that's simply not true....there would simply be no misunderstanding of "quiero cogerte la colita", the chica would understand it as well as she'd understand "hola".

I'm really just trying to suggest that you not split hairs about our Spanish unless you see some gross abuse - which this example of mine is not a case of - since we don't split hairs about your English faux pas though we have ample opportunity. Enough said, I think. DownBA

Posting Limitations