Thread: Argentina - Travel Information

+ Submit Report
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
This blog is moderated by Jackson
    Gentlemen,

At the current rate of demise of the USD versus the GBP I can get a nice weekend break in the USA (Virgin air), buy my ticket for BA stateside, and still have change for a night at Madahos compared to going straight to BA from Europe! Now all I need is time!

Regards, Havanaman

Guille,

Do you have a number or website for Holiday Travel in Pasadena. I tried a web search but I couldn't find it.

Amigos,

Thank you for the tips regarding airfares etc...
    I did research the $555 from Los Angeles. After tax is
    $650 plus a $30 booking fee. That said, My two hour
    drive up north, gas and parking... It gets too close to the
    $871 United fare I am looking from my local airport SD.
    Still $680 is not bad from LAX but, I think is not a major
    airline and with more than one stop over.
    I am glad I still looking out for the finances. You got to
    used that other head for something!
    Don't loose faith chicas!! Is just logistics...the artillery is
    ready!!
    DWC

Another great consolidator is carbone-travel.com. They specialize in Argentina and usually sell AA. I had no problem dealing with'em in the past. Fares appears to be between usd 550 and 770 right now.

For travel from the West Coast (L.A., S.F.) the cheapest flights I found were with Holiday Travel in Pasadena, CA. They are Argentine owned and have very good deals.

And, last call. I am going to B.A. next Thursday 2/26. If I can be of service to anyone let me know.

Guille

DownBA, is there a trick to getting http://www.us.despegar.com/homes/homeusms.html to display in English? I tried clicking on the little US flag but it's still in Spanish.

TRAVELOCITY

The trick with TRAVELOCITY is DO NOT PUT IN DATES.
    Click on "Search all dates for best fares" and THEN pick your dates from the calendars. Often the fares show up 50% less this way. Go figure.

Down BA is 100% correct about his travel agent and I'm kicking myself right now. My frequent flier miles are on United but when I did a search on UA and Expedia, Travelocity etc, I kept getting fairs over 1200 bucks from March 1st - 18th.

So I finally just cheaped out and bought AA's lowest fare which was $780.

Anyway--I just did a search on that site despegar.com and found UA flight for my exact dates for 640 or so!

Thanks Down BA I will be using them in the future.

(PS. UA really is no longer competitive any longer with flights to Europe. California, Asia and most importantly South America. I would be flying through JFK to South America and UA is always 200-300 bucks if not more than AA and other carriers. They are no losing my business to AA. Its a shame because I did like flying their 777s to Japan/Thailand.)

Oh well!

Lastly, has anyone stayed at the Four Seasons in BA.?

Peace--

Dances, PS, here's the link to despegar.com: http://www.us.despegar.com/homes/homeusms.html and I noticed right away that they're offering LA-BA for $544 which seems pretty damn good to me seeing as how it's $499 from NY-BA and LA's 5 hours farther by air. Hope this helps! DownBA

Dances with chicas - please go to www.despegar.com, it's an Argentinian owned on-line travel service and they generally have a promotional fare to BA almost every day. When you log on look in the lower right-hand corner for the promotional fares. Also, don't hesitate for a second to call the 800 phone number, (I believe it's actually 1-877 or something like that, it's listed on the top of the home page) and be prepared to speak Spanish since these calls typically are transferred to a young woman working at the BA headquarters where the girl's English may be questionable.

But I highly recommend you try it, Dances, as I've had great results with this site over the years.

Re: Paying first or after: with all due respect to the diehards on this issue that insist on always paying afterwards, this is an old issue and though I too am in favor of only paying afterwards and always try to get the girl to let me pay afterwards, I have to say that now that I've been at this game for about 6 years that I can honestly say that there doesn't seem to be too much correlation between paying afterwards and getting great service. The ones that are out to give you great value for your peso are going to do it whether you pay up front or afterwards if they have any sense of how powerful your word of mouth advertising can be for them. I've paid before and gotten great service, paid afterwards and gotten crappy service and yaddie, yaddie, yaddah. Yes, it's true that you can always withhold the money if they give crappy service and boot them out but then again, you're on their turf in a foreign land and they generally know lots of tough guys who can easily arrange to have you knocked on the back of the head with a hard object if you mistreat their mealticket. As for the ones who earnestly seem to be trying to please but are on the fringe and just don't cut it, you aren't likely to throw these girls out of the room anyway, so with regard to this type of girl it probably doesn't much matter if you're paying first or last.

Lastly on the subject, one thing I've found is that if you find a chica and you pay up front the first time, if you make her like and trust you then naturally if you see her again she drops the pay-up-front stance. I imported one from Mendoza several years ago who asked me to pay up fron the first night I was with her in BA. The second day she didn't ask me to pay first since she'd already figured out I was a decent guy looking to get his rocks off with a young hottie but finally, I paid her before saying goodbye after 5 incredible days of bliss that we spent together when I sent her a plane ticket and put her up in a local hotel and wined and dined her near my home. So go figure! DownBA

Dances,

Have you checked www.carbone-travel.com? They usually have the lowest fares in the market.

Amigos,

I am looking for tickets to Argentina from the West Coast. The best I can find is almost 900 dollars. Does anyone knows of a better airfare of website?

Administrator

Venues: 398

Argentina - Travel Information

Please select "Add New Report" to begin this section.

Posting Limitations