Thread: Hook

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Ahhh forget it

I'm tired of saying it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boston  [View Original Post]
    1500ar? Ouch! I don't want to start a shouting match here but I think that's high. Of course we all have the money and want to have a good time, and it's a special time on our visit. I averaged fully half that with all the girls I was with last time. I do speak the lingo so I'm sure that helps. In all fairness they were not from Hook or other clubs, but still top notch talent. Just another opinion......
    There are MANY girls on the net and other places for $300 Cristinas and up. In Capital maybe the average starting price is closer to $600 Cristinas. Many host which makes them even cheaper. True, its not the same as spending a night in the club...... But for myself, Id rather spend $600 on the girls and the rest on myself doing something else! :-).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston  [View Original Post]
    1500ar? Ouch! I don't want to start a shouting match here but I think that's high. Of course we all have the money and want to have a good time, and it's a special time on our visit. I averaged fully half that with all the girls I was with last time. I do speak the lingo so I'm sure that helps. In all fairness they were not from Hook or other clubs, but still top notch talent. Just another opinion......
    You can have a great time with privado girls and some are truly fantastic. You can see from my posting history that I have reported on many places over time. And looks are not my major criterion because I gravitate towards the massage girls who tend to be a little older.

But this is a diverse group and some guys like the nightclub experience. JamesBond69 spent 80% of his time at Hook last spring and produced some great reports. As Daddy Rulz reminds us nightclubs were a lot cheaper 2001 to 2010. But since 2010 or so I would say that you were going to spend the peso equivalent of $150 to $300 going to clubs like Madahos, Hippo and Hook. Some of those Madados and Hippo girls were off the charts. The Hook girls are good looking but they tend to be the the petite-type rather than the tall model types. Not as leggy and I happen to be a leg man. At 2500 P plus 500 P in drinks, you are in for $200 just to take a Hook girl out. That's before taxi and other costs that tend to pop up. So let's hope prices come down so there is a vibrant night life again.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    Two data points from a guy sitting in Los Angeles.

I got an e-mail from the one I know well at Hook saying money was short and that she never goes out with clients any more. This a girl whose monthly nut is approximately 10k pesos and was probably bringing in 15k to 20k pesos a month when I last saw her in November. She was saving the rest. How many of you guys save 20 to 33% of your gross? She was savvy enough to always convert her savings to dollars. Inflation has probably distorted those 2014 numbers.

Then there was a post on the local board that the Argie favorite Cindy (now called Diana) was back in the club and she went with a guy for 1500 P the other night.

Gentleman, the market could be moving back in our favor although I know you local guys still cringe at 1500 P. I think 2000 P all in is reasonable for a night on the town for us occasional visitor types.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boston For This Post:

Hook cartel pricing policy breaking?

Two data points from a guy sitting in Los Angeles.

I got an e-mail from the one I know well at Hook saying money was short and that she never goes out with clients any more. This a girl whose monthly nut is approximately 10k pesos and was probably bringing in 15k to 20k pesos a month when I last saw her in November. She was saving the rest. How many of you guys save 20 to 33% of your gross? She was savvy enough to always convert her savings to dollars. Inflation has probably distorted those 2014 numbers.

Then there was a post on the local board that the Argie favorite Cindy (now called Diana) was back in the club and she went with a guy for 1500 P the other night.

Gentleman, the market could be moving back in our favor although I know you local guys still cringe at 1500 P. I think 2000 P all in is reasonable for a night on the town for us occasional visitor types.

Same

Dropped in last night from about 12:30 to 1:30. No change to speak of from my visit two weeks ago. Maybe a max of 10-12 mongers with half of those Chinese. Poor quality chicas save for one or two. Very little energy in the place. The lights on the stage have been turned down to nothing and the girls are essentially dancing in the dark. I didn't do any pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond69  [View Original Post]
    At 0230 on a Thursday Hook should be packed. A month ago that was the case. I don't understand why no one is going to Hook? It's practically the only boliche open now. It can't be because the girls have raised their prices by 500 pesos. I mean 1,500 pesos was the price last month. They should have lowered their prices but 500 pesos more or 100 pesos more for a drink shouldn't explain why the place is so empty.

Any idea?

PS.

Hook is my favorite boliche and now that it is open again it would be a shame if it was to close again, this time due to lack of business.
    Based on a quick perusal of the local board in translation, there appears to be a segment of local guys that are still leery of going to the nightclubs. I guess they do not want to be there if there is another closure. Reputations need to be protected. Below are some quotes.

"Ojo que cae la guardia de infanteria de nuevo en cualquier momento y se los pueden llevar puestos! Razonen cuanto puede durar estando los canas enfrente con las fajas de clausura de Ness? Y todo el microcentro clausurado. Piensen con la cabeza de arriba, es preferible y no por mucho tiempo ir a coco o pampita. Consejo de boga, saludos.".

"es verdad que puede ser inseguro ir, pero esto demuestra que de a poco la cosa puede volver".

Money

At 0230 on a Thursday Hook should be packed. A month ago that was the case. I don't understand why no one is going to Hook? It's practically the only boliche open now. It can't be because the girls have raised their prices by 500 pesos. I mean 1,500 pesos was the price last month. They should have lowered their prices but 500 pesos more or 100 pesos more for a drink shouldn't explain why the place is so empty.

Any idea?

PS.

Hook is my favorite boliche and now that it is open again it would be a shame if it was to close again, this time due to lack of business.
    Personally I think it's because a lot of the guys that were doing OK and could afford to go are lacking money. There are still rich guys, and I think this last week was good (I can gauge how things are there by the willingness of my friend to come to my place before work and this week she thought getting a nap was more important).

I also think that they have developed a reputation for not only charging a lot, but giving generally shitty service and more guys that were going there are now using the internet).

Any idea?

PS.

I know if ANY place I patronized raised their prices by 500p overnight I would not go back again!

Why is Hook doing so badly these days?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    First time I went it was at midnight, there were 5 guys, I forget the day. The second time was at 0230 on a Thursday and including us there were 3.

There was a guy here looking for a date a week ago and I called one of the chicks I know from there to see if she wanted to see him before work. She asked "where is he from" I told her, she said 2,000. I know they are hurting for money and Argie economics is kicking in, making less money because there are less customers? Double the price. The last time I was there when the chicks came up and started talking to us I told them we both lived here, 2500. That was two weeks ago, maybe it's gotten better.

It's both sad and crazy.

Any idea?

PS.

Yeah

Five guys. That's grim. It' means probably only a few girls are making any money. When I was there last month almost all the girls managed to get a client each night and some went out twice.
    First time I went it was at midnight, there were 5 guys, I forget the day. The second time was at 0230 on a Thursday and including us there were 3.

There was a guy here looking for a date a week ago and I called one of the chicks I know from there to see if she wanted to see him before work. She asked "where is he from" I told her, she said 2,000. I know they are hurting for money and Argie economics is kicking in, making less money because there are less customers? Double the price. The last time I was there when the chicks came up and started talking to us I told them we both lived here, 2500. That was two weeks ago, maybe it's gotten better.

It's both sad and crazy.

5 Guys in Hook

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    250 drinks, 2500 peso chicks (maybe 2000 for an hour) maybe 5 guys.
    Five guys. That's grim. It' means probably only a few girls are making any money. When I was there last month almost all the girls managed to get a client each night and some went out twice.

Been there twice

Except for raising the price of beer to 250 pesos how is Hook doing?

Have all the girls come back.Are there any changes after it re-opened?

I heard there is no pole dancing after 2 am. Is that true?
    250 drinks, 2500 peso chicks (maybe 2000 for an hour) maybe 5 guys.

How is it going at Hook ??

Except for raising the price of beer to 250 pesos how is Hook doing?

Have all the girls come back.Are there any changes after it re-opened?

I heard there is no pole dancing after 2 am. Is that true?

Are more of the girls returning?

The one I e-mail wrote me today saying she returned to work at Hook this week. She said she went back because the money goes fast. "porque la plata se va rápido". She usually hits the floor around 12:30 AM most likely to be there Wednesday through Saturday. She likes to work Saturday because it allows her to take the three days off. Daddy Rulz says my prices are out of date so I guess I can't help. $100 US plus taxi used to work.

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations