Thread: Letters to the Editor

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Thanksgiving Fiesta?

I'd like to make a suggestion. If there's going to be a get together at El Alamo for Thanksgiving, can we hold a special "Bikini Open" during that day? Once the contest concludes, We could invite the contestants to the feast to symbolize the events of the first Thanksgiving. I'd be willing to pitch in for the cost of their plates in an effort to have one of those Squaws sitting at my table. The possibilities could be endless?

Thanks,

Judd

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson

==================================================

All it does is cleanup a number of common punctuation and capitalization errors.
    It also creates errors. It routinely deletes the second of two parentheses. In changing ellipses into periods, it the capitalizes words that shouldn't be capitalized. And it often does not leave commas where they should be.

Consider the following:

What I want to say: I walked into the room...dropped my drawers...pulled out my dick...and stuck it in her mouth (she had a great mouth). Then she sucked and licked, etc., until I spewed my jizz all the way down her throat.

What your software does: I walked into the room. Dropped my drawers. Pulled out my dick. And stuck it in her mouth (she had a great mouth) Then she sucked and licked, etc. Until I spewed my jizz all the way down her throat.

Not very pretty, eh?

There's absolutely no reason why you -- or a software program -- needs to go in and clean up after someone else. It's a totally gratuitious effort.

But the result of saving you this time (that you don't need to spend anyway) is either (1) that a whole bunch of other people need to routinely make two posts (the original, then the going back in to unfuck what your editing program did), or (2) a bunch of poorly punctuated sentences that do not convey what their authors wanted them to convey.

SL

===========================================

Hi StrayLight,

Or you could have written...

"I walked into the room, dropped my drawers, pulled out my dick and stuck it in her mouth (she had a great mouth). Then she sucked and licked, etc., until I spewed my jizz all the way down her throat."

Thanks,

Jackson

BTW, there's only room for one DickHead on this Forum, and the job's already taken, so you can get off my case.

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson
    Hi Strad,

The three dots are a different punctuation symbol, although not one that is used in writing English.
    Hi Jackson, if above statement is your personal preference, I have no objection. However, if you think Ellipsis markings are not commonly used in writing English, I have to disagree...

Here is the quote from Wikipedia, encyclopedia:

Ellipsis Έλλειψις (plural: ellipses ελλείψεις, Greek for omission) in linguistics refers to any omitted part of speech that is understood; I. E. The omission is intentional. Analogously, in printing and writing, the term refers to the row of three dots (or asterisks (* * *) indicating such an intentional omission. This punctuation mark is also called a suspension point, points of ellipsis, periods of ellipsis, or colloquially, dot-dot-dot.

Ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence. Ellipses are often used in this manner for internet chat, email, and forum posts.
    When revise my post by adding the Ellipsis markings, it did work, now I know.

Thanks!

Strad
    Last edited by Strad; 09-29-06 at 23:57. Reason: Adding Ellipsis

Cleanup Software

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead
    Your software has resulted in zero improvement in the forum. None.
    My feeling has always been, as I have told Jackson, that the form of someones writing has a great deal of importance in evaluating the substance of what they are saying, and I DON'T feel that "cleaning up" a post is a valuable or even desireable thing to do.

It actually is a form of censorship, and although I appreciate Jacksons desire to keep postings "readable" I think editing them, especially automatically, depreciates there content substantially!

David

==================================================

Hi Dave,

My cleanup software doesn't actually change any wording. All it does is cleanup a number of common punctuation and capitalization errors.

Thanks,

Jackson

Your software has resulted in zero improvement in the forum. None.

========================================

Yes DH, you've expressed your opinion on the subject at least a dozen times already.

Thanks,

Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Strad
    I don't recall I've ever use the multiple periods in this forum.
    I pretty much use them in almost all my posts. Or a lot of them, anyway. I simply go back after posting...edit the post...and voila!

The particular software program this forum uses, however, does have the feel of all those chintzy Microsoft products that assume they have anticipated every possibility and force you into templates and such that you fucking hate using.

SL

=============================================

Hi,

Actually, the cleanup script was a custom module I paid to have added to the forum's software. In the past year I estimate that is has saved me hundreds of hours of my personal time by cleaning up 90% of the writing errors made by forum members thus resulting in a much more readable forum for everybody.

Thanks,

Jackson

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Hi Strad,

The three dots are a different punctuation symbol, although not one that is used in writing English, which is why the cleanup script changes it into a single period.

Multiple dots can sometimes be used correctly in English, for example to denote suspense. However, from my experience managing forums, it is misused a thousand times for each time it is correctly used, and thus I have written the cleanup program to convert multiple periods into a single period.

If you feel compelled to use either if these punctuation marks, you can bypass the cleanup script by editing your original report as you wish. The cleanup script is not invoked during the editing process.

Thanks,

Jackson

Hi Jackson,

The 3 dotted ellipsis which I'd like to use never worked.

If the 3 dots don't work I assuem the multiple periods, will neither work. I don't recall I've ever use the multiple periods in this forum.

Thanks!

Strad.

Quote Originally Posted by Strad
    The Dotted Ellipsis is part of the Punctuations, should be allowed in your web spelling-check program.

Thanks!

Strad.

=========================================

Hi Strad,

Are you refferring to multiple periods like this ".......", or are you referreing to the punctuation symbol that looks like this ". . ."?

Thanks,

Jackson

To Jackson

The Dotted Ellipsis is part of the Punctuations, should be allowed in your web spelling-check program.

Thanks!

Strad

=========================================

Hi Strad,

Are you refferring to multiple periods like this ".............", or are you referreing to the punctuation symbol that looks like this ". . ."?

Thanks,

Jackson

About the photo gallery, there is any other password required to see the photos. I have just try two times to see the photo gallery and it seems to be a password control.

Best regards.

Aramis

Mongering or Renting?

To Whom It May Concern:

As an ex-pat now living permanently in Argentina, I love what this website has offered. Great info on mongering and other useful forums about living here in BA. But it seems to me that the overall theme on the photo gallery isn't about fucking chicas but renting apartments. If I want to rent an apartment I know how to find one. All these photos of apartments are really starting to piss me off.

Trader

============================================

Hi Trader,

The problem with the photo gallery is that recently some herein unnamed Forum Members have been sabotaging The Forum by showing the girls their photos on the forum. This has lead to a situation wherein the girls have confronted the Forum Members who posted the photos, complaining about the photos, which has inhibited a number of previously prolific photo posters from posting additional photos.

Of course, I have an obvious question for you: Where are your photo contributions?

Thanks,

Jackson

Googling Capt Dave

That was kinda fun!

I didn't find me, but I found the foto below - could be me but isn't!

My favorite though is http://www.captaindaves.com - this one would have been me if I had thought of it first!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails captdave1.jpg‎  

Wow

Did mine came up with me from a bunch of old dating sites. Good thing I could give a fuck less if anybody knows who I am. Suggest caution for you married guys.

here's mine

Did that with my screen name, and got about 100 pages of German classes for spanish speakers and related stuff. Seems to be safe.

El Alemán

Posting Limitations