Thread: Airlines

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Artisttyp  [View Original Post]
    The "airline" online USA version? You have never had trouble with local airports accepting the reservation? Have you ever had trouble paying for the ticket with your US credit card while overseas?

Thanks.

* Tonight I re- confirmed my 1 way ticket on US Airways. Some airlines "might" have issues with it. The ones I have talked to do not in regards to * Mexico.
    My original 1-way into Brazil was from europe back in 2004 (Air France due to airmiles). My last 1-way back to Rio was Nov 2011 from Dubai, British Airways, bought by the company I had worked for.

I am currently on a trip from Rio-Buenos Aires-Sao Paulo-Canada-Rio (Aerolineas Argentina, United and Continental) bought on Expedia. Com and have bought several other tickets originating and ending in Rio. I've never been asked about my tickets at airports other than being asked how long I was staying in the country when I was at Immigration. However I have been asked to show my Visa to enter Brazil when checking in for flights.

Quote Originally Posted by SunSeeker  [View Original Post]
    Depending where I am going I either book through the airline or through Expedia. I managed to enter Brazil on a 1-way ticket and now my trips originate and end in Rio. That may change soon though if I make the move to BA.
    The "airline" online USA version? You have never had trouble with local airports accepting the reservation? Have you ever had trouble paying for the ticket with your US credit card while overseas?

Thanks.

* Tonight I re- confirmed my 1 way ticket on US Airways. Some airlines "might" have issues with it. The ones I have talked to do not in regards to * Mexico.

Agreed for the most part. Mexico is different though. Many people "walk" across to mexico daily. The only requirement is that they have to buy a visa $22 if they stay for longer than 72 hrs or go x amount of miles south of the border. I've discussed this with both mexican and american owned airlines.

It is true that if you tried this in South America it wouldn't work.

My question is what is the best way to purchase a return ticket once I am there?
    Depending where I am going I either book through the airline or through Expedia. I managed to enter Brazil on a 1-way ticket and now my trips originate and end in Rio. That may change soon though if I make the move to BA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Most countries no longer allow "tourists" to enter the country with a one way ticket. They very often make the carrier that brought them take them back to where they came from. As a result you might have a ticket but not be allowed to board. This just happened to a friend of mine using copa air. Her returned to the states but when he tried to return to the "land of Christina" he was denied at the check in counter even though he had a valid ticket. He needed to buy a one way return ticket to be allowed to proceed.
    Agreed for the most part. Mexico is different though. Many people "walk" across to mexico daily. The only requirement is that they have to buy a visa $22 if they stay for longer than 72 hrs or go x amount of miles south of the border. I've discussed this with both mexican and american owned airlines.

It is true that if you tried this in South America it wouldn't work.

My question is what is the best way to purchase a return ticket once I am there?

One way tickets

Most countries no longer allow "tourists" to enter the country with a one way ticket. They very often make the carrier that brought them take them back to where they came from. As a result you might have a ticket but not be allowed to board. This just happened to a friend of mine using copa air. Her returned to the states but when he tried to return to the "land of Christina" he was denied at the check in counter even though he had a valid ticket. He needed to buy a one way return ticket to be allowed to proceed.

I could not find a thread relating to this topic on ISG. Hopefully someone can give me insight here on AP.

I am going to Mexico on a one way ticket. This is allowed since technically Mexico is considered part of North America. My plans are no plans at all. I land in Mazatlan then I will take it from there.

When I decide to come back should I :

1. Buy my airplane ticket online from the airline website (USA Version)?

2. Go directly to the airport in Mexico and buy from the ticketing desk?

I was going to buy an inter-country ticket in Mexico a few years ago. The agent at the airport told me NOT to do it online. Better to purchase from the airline ticketing desk at the airport. He mentioned that I might have trouble.

I'd like to buy online for various reasons. Does anybody have a GENERAL experience with this? Is it always better to purchase in person? It seems like prices are better online.

I've never done this before.

Thank you for your help.

Artisttyp
    I too, was trying to fly from Colombia to Argentina, and tried to book with "AVIANCA"

From the USA, thier website wouldn't allow me to, so I did a goggle search of websites that would allow my purchase and came up with 'CHEAPTICKETS. COM"

They allowed the transaction and when I looked up the routing code on Avianca, I found my flight information was also confirmed with them.

Now I haven't flown yet, that's not until June, but I get to Medellin in May and while in the airport in Bogota, I'll go to the desk and re-confirm with them.

So it can be done online thru another site (I hope) , to reach your foreign destination, just one way of I am sure many more on here will tell you.

Hope this helps

Shadowsme8

Buying Tickets While You Are Overseas

I could not find a thread relating to this topic on ISG. Hopefully someone can give me insight here on AP.

I am going to Mexico on a one way ticket. This is allowed since technically Mexico is considered part of North America. My plans are no plans at all. I land in Mazatlan then I will take it from there.

When I decide to come back should I :

1. Buy my airplane ticket online from the airline website (USA Version)?

2. Go directly to the airport in Mexico and buy from the ticketing desk?

I was going to buy an inter-country ticket in Mexico a few years ago. The agent at the airport told me NOT to do it online. Better to purchase from the airline ticketing desk at the airport. He mentioned that I might have trouble.

I'd like to buy online for various reasons. Does anybody have a GENERAL experience with this? Is it always better to purchase in person? It seems like prices are better online.

I've never done this before.

Thank you for your help.

Artisttyp

American and chapter 11 CITI Credit Cards and business class service

I just got an email; from Citibank regarding American's chapter 11 filing and Citi's advantage rewards CC. Citi claims that American has indicated that they will continue to leave the advatage rewards points associated with the Citi CC in place.

I flew of an American flite to Miami after the chapter 11 filing. The business food service was more like couch meals. The traditional Business meals were not served-simulated dog shit replaced there normal service. The breakfast was a cheese place like what was offerred in busainess as a desert choice. LAN starts looking better every day!

Oh no!!!! The sky is falling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleRTexas  [View Original Post]

Quote Originally Posted by Punter 127  [View Original Post]
    AA has four flights leaving EZE going to MIA (2) JFK, or DFW between 9:45 and 11:35 PM, your connection will effect the price.

I think the $375 each-way plus tax is a promo out of SFO, and I don't think you'll find a price better price on AA.

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleRTexas  [View Original Post]
    American Airlines just filed for Bankruptcy.
    American Airlines filed for reorganization under Chapter 11.

So would you please tell us what that has to do with my original post, especially considering AA's flight schedules are uneffected at this time?

American Airlines

AA has four flights leaving EZE going to MIA (2) JFK, or DFW between 9:45 and 11:35 PM, your connection will effect the price.

I think the $375 each-way plus tax is a promo out of SFO, and I don't think you'll find a price better price on AA.

Good Luck.
    American Airlines just filed for Bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    I guess I picked a day when the plane was almost full.

I noticed on the return flight, as I looked down the list for the hours of departure the rates went up. That is confusing. I can only remember one departure time. 9 something.

Good Luck.

Correct

I guess I picked a day when the plane was almost full.

I noticed on the return flight, as I looked down the list for the hours of departure the rates went up. That is confusing. I can only remember one departure time. 9 something.

You might want to check it again on Americans webpage. I just did a quick check and MB is right.

I just picked random dates, other dates are available.

Search the am airlines site with different connections each way

There can be a wide pricing variation, based upon route-sfo-dfw-eze; sfo-mia-eze; or sfo-jfk-eze. If you have flexibility, I'll bet you can go under us$800 and possibly get mileage bonus-sfo to jfk.

Best of luck and thank you for all the work you do to help all of the AP membership

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    That depends on how far in advance you search. I searched last week for a Mid November flight from SFO to EZE and the Price was $1400. Two months ago it was $1000.
    You might want to check it again on Americans webpage. I just did a quick check and MB is right.

San Francisco to Buenos Aires

1 Adult

Tuesday November 15, 2011 – Thursday December 1, 2011

Your Trip Cost:

$861. 60 USD

*Taxes & Fees Included
    I just picked random dates, other dates are available.

Fares

That depends on how far in advance you search. I searched last week for a Mid November flight from SFO to EZE and the Price was $1400. Two months ago it was $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Bob  [View Original Post]
    Flyer talk featured it as a suggested mileage run. AA's wedsite has the cheapest fares they offer, except through consolidators.

San franciso is the special-can search for cheapest connection-miami, jfk / NYC or dfw. I costs less to travel fron sanfrancisco than miami?

Fr

Posting Limitations