Thread: Airlines

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Just bad luck ol'fella, what airline?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney  [View Original Post]
    UAL. Seated all the way in 1 F bulkhead. Very uncomfortable with no leg space! They flew almost to EWR before serving food and drink. Much delayed in EWR. Poor service. Bad food! Why would I ever fly Business Class again?
    Back before I got my air miles up to my current level I used to do the 40 k miles to Argentina frequent flyer tickets all the time. Is still available today as long a you know when you are coming (250 plus days in advance). I have been coming for 6 to 10 weeks per year for over 8 years now. Aways come for 21 to 24 days at least twice a year plus every other yeAt I add another 2 to 3 week trip. Been flying business class for my last 4 trips (100 k miles). Service has always been greAt (in fact have been scoping out the stew " fernanda" for a couple of trips now! Jajaja). Would never consider any other way of flying to Argentina now. After a night in business class to Argentina I awake refreshed and ready to ring the bell with my midday fAvourita! Just ask anybody who is staying in the house. Doubt many get to their first Chica faster than ol'toymann. Always between noon and 1 pm after Arrival. LOL. That also goes for whatever wingman is joining me on the trip. LOL. Plenty of room in the ol'blackbook.

Nothing like flying business class overnight to South America. I would never pay the full boat ( way to expensive) but never hesitate to blow the miles. 100 k is way more than 40 k but well worth it from my perspective! I did, a couple of trips ago blow 25k miles and 350 bucks to upgrade my buenos aires leg to first class (I fly AA).

Perfect organization makes for perfect performance! Sorry to disagree buddy but its been awhile since you huffed it to Argentina. Enjoy the beAch Sid. Toymann.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Toymann For This Post:

UAL. Seated all the way in 1 F bulkhead. Very uncomfortable with no leg space! They flew almost to EWR before serving food and drink. Much delayed in EWR. Poor service. Bad food! Why would I ever fly Business Class again?
    I agree First Class is much better. LOL.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter 127 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Damman  [View Original Post]
    Was sure sweet for awhile. Sounds like you cannot even buy a BuqueBus ticket with pesos. Can only imagine what the unintended consequences are going to be.
    Looking at the buquebus website right now there are no prices listed for going anywhere, so much for going to Colonia and Punta del Este, guess I'll just have to go to elsewhere to get my 90 day stamp, Brasil maybe? (smile).

Was sure sweet for awhile. Sounds like you cannot even buy a BuqueBus ticket with pesos. Can only imagine what the unintended consequences are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RockHarders  [View Original Post]
    Mongers-.

An update; no sales to non residents, and 20% surcharge for residents plus mandatory providing of DNI / CUIL!

http://www.ambito.com/noticia.asp?id=680155

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Damman For This Post:

Harders,

Does this only apply to international travel? Based on what you've seen, can I (a current non-resident) still purchase a domestic airline ticket using pesos?

Thanks in advance for any intel.

Mongers-.

An update; no sales to non residents, and 20% surcharge for residents plus mandatory providing of DNI / CUIL!

Mongers-.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Was only a matter of time.

Doesn't the Argentine government realize that Chavez is dead and left a big, fat, steaming turd in the middle of Venezuela?
    The funny part is they still don't realize that! It wouldn't surprise me if they (the politicos argentinos) are buying dollars at the official rate and selling them everyday at the blue rate and then blaming capital flight on every one else!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Mongers-.

Looks like this gravy train is coming to a screeching halt:

http://www.ambito.com/diario/noticia.asp?id=680092
    Was only a matter of time.

Doesn't the Argentine government realize that Chavez is dead and left a big, fat, steaming turd in the middle of Venezuela?

Mongers-.

Looks like this gravy train is coming to a screeching halt:

http://www.ambito.com/diario/noticia.asp?id=680092

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Furthering the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EasyGo  [View Original Post]
    American hasn't changed their reward chart. The issue you are seeing is that there are two levels in the award chart for business / first with the MileSAAver award level still at 100/125 for a business / first round trip. AAnytime awards are not capacity controlled and have always been double number the number of miles. In general, I've found better much better business / first award availability on AA to BA than on United. 90 K for $1750 is an OK but not great deal and I wouldn't do it unless I had already confirmed award availability for the dates I wanted. If you just want to add miles to your account, you are better off working the credit card bonuses.
    Except I was looking at November to use the miles this morning and the only thing they offered was anytime miles. Current fare is $3050 for business class and $4100 for first class. So 3050/200000 is only 1.5 cents a mile. Last year I got a 7000/125000 or 5.6 cents a mile seat. When I looked at it and the there is not one sold seat for the days I want to travel.

Also the 90,000 miles for $1700 offer is not available now but it will come up again.

Ever notice that some of the richest guys on the board are among the tightest. There must be a lesson in there somewhere that I failed to learn. LOL.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

Usually, AA is very cheap to SDQ, POP, MIA, ORD, MSP. Mostly, UAL and DAL are very high! You must search often. I always fly coach, unlike the big spenders.
    Damn Sidney, surprised you do not buy all your airline tickets in Buenos Aires. Exchange your dollars at the blue rate and pay for the ticket at the official rate: cash in pesos. Savings is substantial. Better get on this band wagon before it quits playing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Damman For This Post:

American hasn't changed their reward chart. The issue you are seeing is that there are two levels in the award chart for business / first with the MileSAAver award level still at 100/125 for a business / first round trip. AAnytime awards are not capacity controlled and have always been double number the number of miles. In general, I've found better much better business / first award availability on AA to BA than on United. 90 K for $1750 is an OK but not great deal and I wouldn't do it unless I had already confirmed award availability for the dates I wanted. If you just want to add miles to your account, you are better off working the credit card bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    Last year I flew twice US to BA first class using 120,000 miles each time. Now they want 200,000 miles for a business class ticket and 250,000 miles for first class. Right now there is a deal where you can buy 90,000 miles for $1750 which is only really good at last year's mileage rates.

Correct but it is All about planning in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    Last year I flew twice US to BA first class using 120,000 miles each time. Now they want 200,000 miles for a business class ticket and 250,000 miles for first class. Right now there is a deal where you can buy 90,000 miles for $1750 which is only really good at last year's mileage rates.
    You are correct BBM, but this only applies if you don't book within about 5 months I think. AA lets you book frequent flyer travel 331 days in advance. I have flown them for years. I have found that you can get 40,000 mile return flights in coach as long as you are booking around 290 to 331 days in advance. 100,000 mile return business class tickets are available easily from approximately 180 to 331 days in advance. You can also upgrade your coach ticket one way to first class with 25,000 miles and 350 buck, right up to departure time if they have an open business seat. Hope this helps. Monger on boys. Toymann.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Toymann For This Post:

AA has really raised the rates on mileage use

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

Flew out from EZE to MIA on AA 1.5 weeks ago, plane was half empty. Will find out in a few days what its like going back the other way.

+ Submit Report
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations