Thread: Tourist Visa Information

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Returning home through Brasil

I ask before if you need Visa to go through Brasilia.

You do, there is not any in transit area.

Lucky for me i go home the same I came in, through. A 5 hour shorter trip.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WorldTravel69 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin  [View Original Post]
    Gentlemen: I heard some terrible news I would like to confirm before I plan my next visit to Colonia to extend my tourist visa for an additional 90 days. I have heard an awful rumor that immigration now requires an overnight stay rather than a day trip to extend a tourist visa for an additional 90-day period. It is not a problem but it does add an additional cost to securing a visa and getting dollars...

Any current info from anyone on the board???

Thanks,

Paladin.
    Instead of making the trip, you can renew your visa once a year at the immigration office near Retiro. I have no idea hw much it is today but it used to be $300p.

New 90 ay restrictions--colonia ???

Gentlemen: I heard some terrible news I would like to confirm before I plan my next visit to Colonia to extend my tourist visa for an additional 90 days. I have heard an awful rumor that immigration now requires an overnight stay rather than a day trip to extend a tourist visa for an additional 90-day period. It is not a problem but it does add an additional cost to securing a visa and getting dollars...

Any current info from anyone on the board???

Thanks,

Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    He said to take both and I will.

I do not want to take any chances.

My buddy and I flew to Asuncion from Rio.

They airline did not check our Visas. We did not either.

They had expired and we got sent back to Rio.

But, the airline made the mistake, so we got a free round trip to Fortaleza.

It was a longer flight than to Asuncion.
    Came in this morning. I asked the immigration officer if in future just a copy of the visa would suffice. He said no, always bring the old passport.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PickCherry12 For This Post:

As I posted

He said to take both and I will.

I do not want to take any chances.

My buddy and I flew to Asuncion from Rio.

They airline did not check our Visas. We did not either.

They had expired and we got sent back to Rio.

But, the airline made the mistake, so we got a free round trip to Fortaleza.

It was a longer flight than to Asuncion.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    You are making the classic gringo mistake, you think because somebody "officially" told you something that the next person you deal with will act the same. They probably won't. Until you have a sticker in the new passport bring the old one. If you don't and you have to buy a new one don't say you were not told. Argentinos don't like change, they like what they expect. They expect somebody who has a new passport to show up with both of their passports, new and old with sticker.

You have been told this by several people who have done it, now just do it and pass on through. If you don't, and you have problems, and post about it complaining I'll most likely say I told you so a lot.

Don't trust them

The embassy guy said to take this and my old passport.

I am hoping to get a New Sticker, so I do not have carry both passports.
    You are making the classic gringo mistake, you think because somebody "officially" told you something that the next person you deal with will act the same. They probably won't. Until you have a sticker in the new passport bring the old one. If you don't and you have to buy a new one don't say you were not told. Argentinos don't like change, they like what they expect. They expect somebody who has a new passport to show up with both of their passports, new and old with sticker.

You have been told this by several people who have done it, now just do it and pass on through. If you don't, and you have problems, and post about it complaining I'll most likely say I told you so a lot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Insert Numbers

I emailed this To: info@migraciones.gov.ar.

Hola:
    How do I get a copy of the original paper work for this sticker from 2010?
    Sticker Number: 002XXXXXUSA131XXXXXXXXX134.
    Passport number: 212XXXX.
    My Passport expired this year and the sticker is still good for 5 more years.
    Your embassy person said I need the original paper work to get a new copy.
    Thanks.

I Received this:

Fecha Emisin Apellidos.

16-03-2010 08:51:18 BUSH

Fecha Vencimiento Nombres.

13-03-2020 00:00:00 GEORGE

WALKER

Nacionalidad Nmero Documento.

ESTADOUNIDENSE 212XXXXX.

Paso de confirmacin: AERO EZEIZA Secuencia Sticker: 00121890 Dgito: 8.
    El sticker fue asociado por el INSPECTOR: DEL VALLE JUAN EDUARDO.

ATTE AREA DE COORDINACION OPERATIVA.
    DIRECCION GENERAL DE MOVIMIENTO MIGRATORIO.
    DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES.

The embassy guy said to take this and my old passport.

I am hoping to get a New Sticker, so I do not have carry both passports.

No Worries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky2  [View Original Post]
    Two passports work for me. No problem for the last 2 1/2 years.
    Most of the time I only have to show photocopy of my receipt/visa. I take old passport just in case.

Cheers!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gauntlet77 For This Post:

I called the Argentina embassy in Los Angeles.

Since my passport expired last year with the stamp/insert in it, I must get a copy of the original paper work from these people:

But most of the it is in Spanish and I do not see any information on how to get a copy.

https://reciprocidad.provincianet.com.ar/Default.aspx

I tried to call their number in Argentina, but got hung up on before I could talk to anyone.

54 11 5080 3030 or 0810 666-7768.

I still have 5 years on the stamp/insert.

The embassy guy said even if I bring the old passport, it will not work.
    No worries. I had a similar issue recently. I brought my old passport and it worked.

Did you try it?

I know if worked in Brazil for me, but I do not want to be denied and sent home at my expense.

The embassy guy I called said no.

If you the read the second page, it says maybe no.

http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...argentina.html

"U.S. Citizens who arrive in Argentina with expired or damaged passports may be refused entry and returned to the United States at their own expense. The U.S. Embassy cannot provide guarantees on behalf of travelers in such situations, and we encourage you to ensure that your travel documents are valid and in good condition prior to departure from the United States. Different rules apply to U.S. Citizens who also have Argentine nationality, depending on their dates of U.S. Naturalization. For more information, check the Argentine Ministry of the Interior website. Argentine-born naturalized U.S. Citizens who enter Argentina as temporary visitors may depart using their U.S. Passports as long as they remain no longer than the period granted by the Argentine immigration officer at the time of entry (typically 60-180 days). Travelers in this category who overstay will be required to obtain an Argentine passport to depart.".
    Chill, it works. I have been doing this for two years. I wouldn't have recommended this if I did not have experience.

B.

Since my passport expired last year with the stamp/insert in it, I must get a copy of the original paper work from these people:

But most of the it is in Spanish and I do not see any information on how to get a copy.

I tried to call their number in Argentina, but got hung up on before I could talk to anyone.

Two passports work for me. No problem for the last 2 1/2 years.

Are you Sure

Did you try it?

I know if worked in Brazil for me, but I do not want to be denied and sent home at my expense.

The embassy guy I called said no.

If you the read the second page, it says maybe no.

http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...argentina.html

"U.S. Citizens who arrive in Argentina with expired or damaged passports may be refused entry and returned to the United States at their own expense. The U.S. Embassy cannot provide guarantees on behalf of travelers in such situations, and we encourage you to ensure that your travel documents are valid and in good condition prior to departure from the United States. Different rules apply to U.S. Citizens who also have Argentine nationality, depending on their dates of U.S. Naturalization. For more information, check the Argentine Ministry of the Interior website. Argentine-born naturalized U.S. Citizens who enter Argentina as temporary visitors may depart using their U.S. Passports as long as they remain no longer than the period granted by the Argentine immigration officer at the time of entry (typically 60-180 days). Travelers in this category who overstay will be required to obtain an Argentine passport to depart.".

Quote Originally Posted by BallsDeep  [View Original Post]
    I have the same Visa situation, you must travel with your old Passport and the new one. The old Passport is only for the stamp. It's the same for Brazilian Visa's, I have both in my old Passport.

Enjoy, B.

Two Passports

I have the same Visa situation, you must travel with your old Passport and the new one. The old Passport is only for the stamp. It's the same for Brazilian Visa's, I have both in my old Passport.

Enjoy, B.

Reciprocity Fee

?????

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    From the thread I get the impression this is now required every time you enter, not valid for ten years.

Don B.
    The thread clearly indicates that the permit is valid for 10 years.

Posting Limitations