Thread: Tourist Visa Information

+ Submit Report
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Visa

Looks like visitors will need to pay to enter Argentina. More info in Spanish at
    http://ar.news.yahoo.com/s/06102008/...ad-114-pa.html
    Last edited by MCSE; 10-07-08 at 13:29. Reason: accuracy

I renewed my tourist visa once again last week at the immigration office in Retiro. In and out in 45 minutes. Remember to bring not only your passport, but a copy of the passport demographic page and a copy of the page with your last entry stamp. 100p. Duck soup.

Quote Originally Posted by Facundo
    One can only renew at the immigration office in Retiro every other time. In about 3 months you need to get out of dodge to renew. Also, if the visa has expired, it cannot be renewed in the immagration office.
    Thanks for the feedback Facundo.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy
    I renewed my tourist visa today by going down to the immigration office in Retiro. Second time I have done it this way and exceedingly easy, particularly if you bring a photocopy of your passport face sheet and page with your last stamp. In and out in less than a half hour, and this was at 1pm. Still 100p. The area where you take care of this is on the opposite side of the room where it was last time. Seems to me I read or heard somewhere that you can only renew this way once or twice a year. Is this fact or scuttlebutt? Unless I had a hankering to get out of town, I would prefer this route every time. Beats the hell out of wasting a day in Colonia or whereever.
    One can only renew at the immigration office in Retiro every other time. In about 3 months you need to get out of dodge to renew. Also, if the visa has expired, it cannot be renewed in the immagration office.

I renewed my tourist visa today by going down to the immigration office in Retiro. Second time I have done it this way and exceedingly easy, particularly if you bring a photocopy of your passport face sheet and page with your last stamp. In and out in less than a half hour, and this was at 1pm. Still 100p. The area where you take care of this is on the opposite side of the room where it was last time. Seems to me I read or heard somewhere that you can only renew this way once or twice a year. Is this fact or scuttlebutt? Unless I had a hankering to get out of town, I would prefer this route every time. Beats the hell out of wasting a day in Colonia or whereever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevechh
    A work visa is very different from the tourist visa. If someone is highly skilled, as in the microsoft example, the ability to obtain a work visa is quite high. HOwever, 90% of Argentines are denied tourist visas to the U. S. The surest method is the fiancee visa. I've done it.
    That's a one-time shot, of course. A girl can't visit on multiple fiancee visas, and I think a fellow will have problems getting his "fiancees" in eventually if he sponsors multiple girls for this honor.

The best idea for a girl is to buy a prepaid package tour for a one-week visit, come and leave, and later on try for another one for a longer visit (she'll also need all those documents discussed earlier in the thread, of course). Chances are good she could even get a 10-year multiple entry visa if she's a bit older and shows a history of legitimate tourism as opposed to long stays to work illegally. Some of the working girls discussed on this board have these kinds of visas, as a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakawaytx
    Thanks for the advice, guys. My friend is not a working girl, just a charming young creature whom I met last year.
    A work visa is very different from the tourist visa. If someone is highly skilled, as in the Microsoft example, the ability to obtain a work visa is quite high. However, 90% of Argentines are denied tourist visas to the U. S. The surest method is the fiancee visa. I've done it.

Thanks for the advice, guys. My friend is not a working girl, just a charming young creature whom I met last year.

If the girl is an Argentine citizen, the ability to get a visa at the US Embassy in Buenos Aires is much better. The advice here is very good - she must show ties to Argentina (land owned, a good job, kids she's leaving behind, money in the bank, pre-paid round trip ticket, etc.) Chances are she'll get a tourist visa in such a situation. She'll need to look professional in that interview - remind your friend that the hooker look may get customers, but not visas.

Many visa applicants show all of these characteristics by using forged documents. Of course I would never recommend doing this, but the fact of the matter is that they usually can't check out the truth or falsity of a fake bank statement now, can they?

Banned Member

Visa to Work

The discussion is going on how hard it is to get a visa to visit the USA I agree whole heartedly with the situation & examples of lot of people being turned down for visa to visit.

However there are always exception to the rules, or the saying goes rules were made to be broken, in this instance I have personal knowledge of a girl getting a WORKING VISA in the US, which I never heard that any one has obtained, so it depends who do you know.

Money screams but but PoWER howls.

The State Department grants a visa when it is convinced that the person isn't a risk to overstay the visa. A female Thai friend just got a 10 year visa without any problem but she has a good job, a 10 year work history, family in Bangkok, and the money to pay for the trip. If she had no job, no job history, and was getting the money from you for the trip, there's zero chance of getting a visa.

Retired Member

Smile

Its next to impossible to get a US Visa for a Chica.

About the only way your going to get one is apply for a marriage Visa and even that will take about 6 months.

How it works is after the applacation is made the Chica has to go to an interview at the US embassy in Palermo. There the state department has specialy trained interviewers that have the sole discression over granting a US Visa or not. Its at this point the Chica had better have her story together. In essence she must prove it would be an extreme economic hardship on her if she would stay in the USA and violate the terms of the Visa. She pretty much has to prove she's a millionaire before he's going to grant the Visa.

There are exceptions which are absolutely amazing, (Money doesn't talk, it screams)

I have a good friend who looks as though she could be a "Working Girl" Chica, gorgeous thing. She a brillant young girl of 24 years old whom I met through Roxana and a computer genius that a graduated from the University of Buenos Aires in computer programing. I had her build me a website and in the process we became good friends.

Well as the story goes on she asked me if I'd buy her a laptop and bring it down on my next trip since their so expensive in Argentina. I said sure, You pick out what you want on E-Bay and I'll buy two since I need one myself knowing nothing about computers and did so. (a sidebar is I paid $700 US for the computer she said would sell for $3,000 US in Argentina)

Anyway as this process was going on in my several months here in Sex Prison She was hired by Microsoft to program their software in Spanish for Argentina.

Well as the story goes on, Microsoft wanted her in Redmond Washington for a weeks training and she was very worried she couldn't get a Visa to go. Well guess what, along comes a letter from the Vice President of Human Resources of Microsoft Corporation addressed to the US State Department stating they needed this little girl in Redmond that very next next week. She was on an airplane three days latter with a 5 year Visa, come and go to the United States as you want too my dear.

So nothing is impossible, its just that you need a lot more "Juice" than most Mongers that post on this board ever dreamed of. I'm guessing that if that bureaucrat in the US Embassy had denied her Visa his job would be at risk.

As stated above, "Money & Power Doesn't Talk, It Screams"

By the way she later told me that Microsoft gave her a laptop computer that was 10 times better than the one I bought for her.

Exon

More information needed

Quote Originally Posted by Breakawaytx
    Does anyone have experience securing a US tourist visa for an Argentine? I have a friend who would like to come visit, but the prospect seems daunting. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Breakaway,

You will have to provide more information - like: is your friend male or female, what type of work they do, etc. Bottomline: If your friend is a 18-40 years working girl, without substantial ties to Argentina (owned home, business, etc.) - forget it. Her family ties can play a role, however if they were that strong chances are good she would have already visited the USA.

Alan

Does anyone have experience securing a US tourist visa for an Argentine? I have a friend who would like to come visit, but the prospect seems daunting. Any advice would be appreciated.

Here are US citizen visa and passport requirements for all the countries:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/...ures_1229.html

There is an existing thread on this very topic already, check out the first report in this thread:

http://www.argentinaprivate.com/foru...ead.php?t=1919

Posting Limitations