Thread: Tourist Visa Information

+ Submit Report
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    I think Jak posted about getting an Brazilian visa a year or so ago. I have tickets for late August. I just think it's going to be a hassle to apply from the US for it. I already got the 24 extra pages in my passport when I was in Costa Rica earlier this year. I've already used up 5 or 6 pages of it.

Visas & pages

As written below, the Brasilian visa is valid even though the passport may have expired. I got my first 5yr visa in about 1999, when my US passport expired in 2000. I continued to carry and use my expired passport with the valid Brasil visa for about 4 years. This is not the case for all countries, in Chile they give you a "visa" upon entry for about us70 that is stapled to your passport. It is only good until that passport expires. Short on time, no problem, the Brasilian consulate will generally only give you the visa if its urgent (you are travelling in a week, already have a ticket, and need the visa now)

As for getting more pages in your US passport, go to the US embassy in Palermo, they´ll give you about 20 addl pages in about 15 minutes.

Passport for frequent travelers

Quote Originally Posted by jaimito cartero
    ah, good to know. I just thought I'd have to waste another $100 when mine expired. I think I need to get a passport with 128 pages or something this time.
    I have 5 more years before my passport expires but I run out of visa pages already. I was gonna pay the $67 to renew my passport. Then I found out I can apply for extra pages to be added to my passport at no charge. Just fill out the ds-19 form. I got it back in the mail two weeks ago. Next time I will apply for the 48 page passport, again it is no extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by bandy
    multi-year visa most of the cases exceeds the current passport expiration date (my brazilian visa will have 2 more years left when my current passport expires) all you have to do is to carry both passports, your new one and this old one. Visa for all countries will remain valid. If you have doubts, you can check with the brazilian embassy.

Bandy
    Ah, good to know. I just thought I'd have to waste another $100 when mine expired. I think I need to get a passport with 128 pages or something this time.

Carry both!

Quote Originally Posted by jaimito cartero
    well, my passport is expiring in a bit more than a year, so the 5 year part won't do me too much good. I know the normal passport is $100 or so. I'm only in town for a bit more than a week, so I would kind of need my passport back to leave.
    Multi-year visa most of the cases exceeds the current passport expiration date (my brazilian visa will have 2 more years left when my current passport expires). All you have to do is to carry both passports, your new one and this old one. Visa for all countries will remain valid. If you have doubts, you can check with the brazilian embassy.

Bandy

Quote Originally Posted by moore
    I got my brasilian visa about a year ago in ba. Its good for five years and cost about us100. It was for business, which may or may not make a difference. I think I had to show a paid airline ticket at the consulate to get it and it only took 1-2 days. I remember a few years ago that an american colleague of mine routed his trip to ba in order to get his brasilian visa here, it was much easier than getting it in the usa.
    Well, my passport is expiring in a bit more than a year, so the 5 year part won't do me too much good. I know the normal passport is $100 or so. I'm only in town for a bit more than a week, so I would kind of need my passport back to leave.

Visa brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
    I recall that Jak (I think) posted about a quick way to get a Brazilian visa while in BA. I'm going for a bit more than a week, and rather than send it to the Brazilian consulate in the US, I thought I could get it on my trip.

Has anyone gotten one in BA recently?
    I got my Brasilian visa about a year ago in BA. Its good for five years and cost about US100. It was for business, which may or may not make a difference. I think I had to show a paid airline ticket at the consulate to get it and it only took 1-2 days. I remember a few years ago that an American colleague of mine routed his trip to BA in order to get his Brasilian visa here, it was much easier than getting it in the USA.

Brazil visa - can you still get it fast in ba?

I recall that jak (I think) posted about a quick way to get a Brazilian Visa while in BA. I'm going for a bit more than a week, and rather than send it to the Brazilian consulate in the US, I thought I could get it on my trip.

Has anyone gotten one in BA recently?

Administrator

Venues: 398

Tourist Visa Information

Generally speaking, US Citizens do not need an advance visa to travel to Argentina. As a matter of general protice, US Citizens are granted a visa at the airport on arrival in Argentina.

Here is the U.S. State Department visa requirement web site for every country.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/...ures_1229.html

Here is the requirement for the British and UK residents

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?...=1007029390590

Do check in the Foreign and Commenwealth Office's main website for more information.

Posting Limitations