Thread: Tourist Visa Information

+ Submit Report
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    Its $160 last time I looked. Its good for 10 years so you can carry your expired passport with the visa in it.
    It was raised to $160USD for US Passport holders because the US charges $160 for an Argentine to get a US Visa. If you have any passport other than US, Canada or Australia you most probably won't have to pay the VISA. So keep that in mind if you are a dual passport holder.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Premium Airport Transfers in English

Its $160 last time I looked. Its good for 10 years so you can carry your expired passport with the visa in it.

Entry Fee Still@$131 USD?

Quote Originally Posted by Damman  [View Original Post]
    Airport Entry Fee.

December 11, 2009.

The Government of Argentina will begin charging American Citizens visiting Argentina for business or tourism an entry fee of $131 USA Dollars. Americans may pay in dollars, by credit card, or with travelers checks.

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/warde...r-11-2009.html
    Is the entry fee for US Citizens still $131 USD? I guess the lack of the Visa requirement for US citizens minimizes the otherwise high cost. Not that I'm complaining though. Just scored a Delta Business Class ticket with my miles to EZE for $65 incl. Taxes.

You could always get a new passport.

Dogg gets his paw slapped

I went down to immigration in Retiro to renew my tourist visa this morning. I was sternly informed that this would be the last time I could renew in Retiro. I was urged to file for residency. I questioned whether I could continue to renew the visa by leaving the country and received a shrugged shoulder in response and a grudging affirmative. So, the days of renewing, for me, without leaving the country are over. Actually, I wish I had just headed over to Colonia as usual. Now, hand written in my passport, next to the 90 day extension granted today is "Ultima Proroga". Meaning "last renewal". They wrote the same thing awhile back when I went to Retiro, but I intrepreted it as meaning I would have to leave the country at least once before I could again renew in Retiro. The way it worked previously was that you could only renew in Retiro every other time.

A fat chick with a voice lower than mine informed me, "you are no longer a tourist in Argentina". Hey, I've only been here a little less than five years! No sense of humor!

BTW-there was no mention of the 180 in and 180 out issue that has been making the rounds of expat gossip boards lately.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Real Deal:$131.00 entry fee

CITIZEN SERVICES.

Travelers Information.

Airport Entry Fee.

December 11, 2009

This warning message is being issued to alert U. S. Citizens that on December 20, 2009, the Government of Argentina will begin charging American Citizens visiting Argentina for business or tourism an entry fee of $131 U. S. Dollars. The fee will be collected only at Buenos Aires Ezeiza International Airport. Once paid, the fee permits multiple entries into Argentina for ten years in accordance with United States visa reciprocity. Americans may pay in dollars, by credit card, or with travelers checks.

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/warde...r-11-2009.html

Reciprocity Fee for US, Canada, Australian Citizens?

Anyone been hit with this fee?

Entry Request Fee.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/

Depends on the airline

I normally enter Argentina with a departure date about 6 months after arrival. Never had a problem apart from one occasion about 4 years ago. I was coming from Sydney with Qantas and the bastards wouldn't allow me aboard unless I bought a ticket to leave Argentina within 90 days. I bought a refundable ticket to Montevideo and then got the money back once I was back home.

Tourist Visa

Know what you are saying, but this thing seems to be something new. It is a U. S. Airline thing. They do not want to be stuck with you. It is not an issue with foreign carriers: Mexican, LAN. Have heard the Argentine Officials are turning up the heat on multiple Tourist Visa renewals. As with about everything in Argentine, enforcement is optional. Good Luck.

Ok thanks. I guess I am just unclear what power the airlines have in these situations. For example my plan is to stay at first a month in BA then maybe go to Columbia for a bit then maybe come back to BA. So when I postpone my return flight home to the states do I need to show them somehow my flight to Columbia as proof I left. It just seems like they are acting like border agents. Is the airline going to report me to the govt if they don't get good documentation?

I don't understand who to follow. I mean what do all these back packers do that travel around the world in a year. They have no plan or money to blow on return flights etc. Most of them just take buses everywhere. So are there no rules when you travel by ground vs air?

90 day visa

Am not an expert for sure on this Tourist Visa thing. When I checked in with Delta for this trip to Buenos Aires, they threw me a curve with the 90 day return policy. They were not going to let me board unless my confirmed return was within 90 days. It has never been an issue before, but it seems to be something new: 90 day limit. Tried explaining the automatic 90 day extension for a Tourist Visa, but they wanted no part of that idea. I have heard the best way to get around this 90 day thing is to have an itinerary where you can show a booking where you shall be leaving the country within the 90 days: multiple country trip. It has been suggested to book a boat ride to Uruguay and show them that reservation. The cost is minimal. Do not really have an answer to your question, but I too did experienced a problem with the 90 day return policy with Delta.

90 day stay questions

I booked my tix today and they said I need to book a return flight within 90 days so I just picked something close to 90 days even though I plan to stay in South Am. Longer. I understand I can take some bus to Uruguay and get my passport stamped again. However what do I do with the return flight. It sounds like I can postpone further but the lady at the airline made it sound like I would have to show them when I left the country. How do I show them my passport? Just curious how this works? Or how people travel around SA with all these Visa requirements of return flights.

Thanks,

Bart

Reciprocal visa fee

Spoke with officials from the "Secretaria de Turismo" and "Migraciones" regarding the implementation of the reciprocal Visa Fee for citizens of the USA, Australia, Canada and a bunch of other countries. This is what they said; we have not received instructions and we don't see it being implemented in the near future (meaning over the next few weeks)

The visa fee was supposed to be implemented on January 1, but it was postponed until the 1st of March. Now, it appears, it is postponed without any announcements. Also, spoke with immigration at the airport and they confirmed that they have not received any instructions and they are not ready to implement the collection of the visa fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Quick78
    I am flying MIA to Sao Paulo in 2 weeks. I know that you need a visa to get into Brazil, but since I am in transit and am not entering Brazil, do I need to get one anyway? My layover in Sao Paulo is 3 hrs if I am not mistaken.
    No. However, do not plan on leaving the secured area of the airport. All documents must show you are continuing on to a third country and you won't be staying longer than 8 hours in the boarding area. Here is the basic rule.

"2. A transit visa will not be required if the foreigners are in a continuous trip, which is interrupted only for mandatory stop overs of the means of transportation utilized."

Suerte

Visa question, I'm coming in from Brazil.

I am flying MIA to Sao Paulo in 2 weeks. I know that you need a visa to get into Brazil, but since I am in transit and am not entering Brazil, do I need to get one anyway? My layover in Sao Paulo is 3 hrs if I am not mistaken.

Posting Limitations