Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 104 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

He Needs Somebody

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    Florida why lavalle there is a western union office on the corner, they sell cell phones and other shit enter store walk all the way to the back there is a door on the right side ego in there is a bank teller window there. U don't need TL
    He obviously needs some help and I do this almost every day.

Personally I don't care where anybody goes, I don't benefit from trivial transactions, all I do is contribute on this board.

Hope You Get Well Soon,

TL

BTW "mayorista" means "wholesaler." There is this little district in Medellín called La Mayorista and it's full of little hooker bars. At first I thought it meant wholesale pussy but actually it is the warehouse district where all the truckers drop off wholesale goods. Hence the name, and hence the hookers. There is another, bigger trucker / warehouse district in southern Spain near Málaga but I can't remember what it's called.

But I digress.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven  [View Original Post]
    Can someone explain this to me? I don't really understand this chart or how to use it. At the time of my post it is saying "Green (Arbolitos)" is exchanging 1 USD for 6. 57 ARS pesos. I think that is what it says. Is Green a bank or exchange place I can go to? Does anyone know where it is? Is this "Green" not for Gringos and I should just go to Cueva or someones contact listed below? If I am staying in Recoletta and my Spanish is not very good, what address can I hand to a cab driver on a piece of paper to go get a good exchange rate. I guess that is what I really want to know.
    You asked to have it explained, here goes.

Tipo de Dolar (literally type of dollar but they mean where are you exchanging.) Compra (sell) Venta (buy)

Blanco=the "official" rate, set I believe by the Banco National most likely made up by somebody in Casa Rosada. All regulated exchange houses and companies like Starbucks, Walmart, ect will use this. This is also the rate you will get from sticking your credit or debit card in any slot anywhere except some girls pussy.

Mayorista= no idea, don't care, not important for our needs.

Blue= what black market non-regulated exchange houses will buy and sell for. Free market cap at it's finest.

The next four don't care, couldn't care less, doesn't effect me today.

Green=this is a new one on me, it refers to "arbolitos" which means little tree in Spanish and it's how they refer to touts because like trees they never move and are always at the same spot. I don't know why this would have a slightly higher rate than blue because I have never seen an arbolito make change, they get a commission from everybody they walk into the black cambio.

Take a couple hundred bucks and walk down Florida and Levalle and when you hear a guy saying cambio, cambio, cambio, cambio walk up to him and ask cuanto cambio dolares (doll-oh-res) he will tell you a number, if you don't understand numbers in Spanish take a note pad and he will write it. Try three (or just go to the western union like GH said) and whichever one gives you the best rate say "Tengo XXX dolares" he will walk you to some nearby storefront pretending to be something else and inside there will be somebody (most likely a woman) that will take your dollars and give you pesos. Do not be shy about examining your pesos, most of them won't give you fake stuff but if you intend to do this on a regular basis, them knowing that YOU know enough to check your money will help to keep them honest. Do NOT be shy about this. Checking your money from a stranger isn't rude and not checking it is idiotic.

I'm not doing anything for the next couple hours and will walk you through it the first time for the same price votes are bought for in the country. Una churipan why una coka.

Can someone explain this to me? I don't really understand this chart or how to use it. At the time of my post it is saying "Green (Arbolitos)" is exchanging 1 USD for 6. 57 ARS pesos. I think that is what it says. Is Green a bank or exchange place I can go to? Does anyone know where it is? Is this "Green" not for Gringos and I should just go to Cueva or someones contact listed below? If I am staying in Recoletta and my Spanish is not very good, what address can I hand to a cab driver on a piece of paper to go get a good exchange rate. I guess that is what I really want to know.
    Florida why lavalle there is a western union office on the corner, they sell cell phones and other shit enter store walk all the way to the back there is a door on the right side ego in there is a bank teller window there. U don't need TL

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gato Hunter For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Just call me and we will get real pesos at the real rate, downtown, no problems!

I exchange 20k USD per week!

TL.

4 381 2145

156 116 4254

Lavalle and Florida

Fuck the I. D and Passport and proff of income and limits!

TL
    Perfect. Thanks.

Just Call Me

Just call me and we will get real pesos at the real rate, downtown, no problems!

I exchange 20k USD per week!

TL.

4 381 2145

156 116 4254

Lavalle and Florida

Fuck the I. D and Passport and proff of income and limits!

TL

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Up to 6. 40 this morning.

http://dolarblue.net/

Oddly enough, I am effectively retired but young looking enough causes me more problems than its worth even back home if saying that. Middle aged but good genetics. I just told her I run my own company and URL. She didn't even check far as I could see, just more red tape she wanted checked off and double written on the holy form.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    I had a similar experience. The woman asked a lot of questions that the guy did not, and generally made a pain in the ass out of herself over the same amount of money. I solved the problem by letting a person go ahead of me and waited for the guy. Sometimes the Argentines can be just as bureaucratic as the Russians. Unless you are real young, I suggest you use "retired" as your occupation.

Tres3

Xoom

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    So did my 4th and final pre-going-over-standard-limit transfer today. Sent myself $950 to make my 30-day period total $2950. Just under the $2999 limit before further Xoom side verification stuff supposedly occurs (will report on that when I try that later in week)

For this one, I thought would be smooth sailing given my prior reports (already sent in extra verification docs to Xoom, including passport photo, DL photo, and bank statement confirming US address. Plus the More Casa requested form filled out with my name, occupation etc last time I picked up cash)

However, this time the cashier lady had me fill out form again. Last time guy filled out for me but looks like same form. But this time she asked for additional info the guy who filled out for me last time didn't.

Form wanted my name and address in states, and same for here in Argentina. Marital staus, some other misc junk. But on top of occupation title the cashier had me also fill in company name and web page. No idea what would have happened if I said my company didn't have a web URL but she was very insistent and had me fill it out twice on both top and bottom end of form.

Basically with that plus phone call she made, added about 25 min. The last 5 min was the usual double recipt sign and count out of money. I asked her if I had to do this each time because already filled out form last time and she said yes each time. So not giving up on Xoom given other ways to get dollars in are even more hassle but I'm just preparing myself for a 30-60min session each time now given line of people ahead of me
    I had a similar experience. The woman asked a lot of questions that the guy did not, and generally made a pain in the ass out of herself over the same amount of money. I solved the problem by letting a person go ahead of me and waited for the guy. Sometimes the Argentines can be just as bureaucratic as the Russians. Unless you are real young, I suggest you use "retired" as your occupation.

Tres3

Xoom. Cash pickup at More Casa part-4

So did my 4th and final pre-going-over-standard-limit transfer today. Sent myself $950 to make my 30-day period total $2950. Just under the $2999 limit before further Xoom side verification stuff supposedly occurs (will report on that when I try that later in week)

For this one, I thought would be smooth sailing given my prior reports (already sent in extra verification docs to Xoom, including passport photo, DL photo, and bank statement confirming US address. Plus the More Casa requested form filled out with my name, occupation etc last time I picked up cash)

However, this time the cashier lady had me fill out form again. Last time guy filled out for me but looks like same form. But this time she asked for additional info the guy who filled out for me last time didn't.

Form wanted my name and address in states, and same for here in Argentina. Marital staus, some other misc junk. But on top of occupation title the cashier had me also fill in company name and web page. No idea what would have happened if I said my company didn't have a web URL but she was very insistent and had me fill it out twice on both top and bottom end of form.

Basically with that plus phone call she made, added about 25 min. The last 5 min was the usual double recipt sign and count out of money. I asked her if I had to do this each time because already filled out form last time and she said yes each time. So not giving up on Xoom given other ways to get dollars in are even more hassle but I'm just preparing myself for a 30-60min session each time now given line of people ahead of me

Yes and why

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    But I didn't mean TALKING in dollars. Let's say I negotiate a price of 450 pesos and then ask the girl if she will take $70 (US). Assuming a 6 to 1 exchange rate. If she says OK that's good for me. If she comes back with $100 (US) I tell her that the choice is between 450 pesos and $70 (US). Or rather among 450 pesos, $70 (US) and the door! Would that be such a dumb thing to do?

Bob.
    Because now you have her thinking in dollars instead of pesos. So the 450 fuck, just turned into 600 because you are thinking 6-1 when the official rate is 4. 5-1 or whatever it is. You work your deals to get pesos as best you can then you buy Argentine pussy, in Argentina, with the money of Argentina. There used to be a thread called "chica rules" and one of the rules was "a chica will price a session at the highest amount she has ever heard that anybody ever got paid" once she's thinking 600 instead of 450 that becomes her price.

Do as you wish, you asked a question here and some pretty serious players weighed in, you may either accept the advice of people with far greater experience or not, do as you see fit.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    But I didn't mean TALKING in dollars. Let's say I negotiate a price of 450 pesos and then ask the girl if she will take $70 (US). Assuming a 6 to 1 exchange rate. If she says OK that's good for me. If she comes back with $100 (US) I tell her that the choice is between 450 pesos and $70 (US). Or rather among 450 pesos, $70 (US) and the door! Would that be such a dumb thing to do?

Bob.
    Short answer; YES! Jeje.

Stranger

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stranger For This Post:

But I didn't mean TALKING in dollars. Let's say I negotiate a price of 450 pesos and then ask the girl if she will take $70 (US) - assuming a 6 to 1 exchange rate. If she says OK that's good for me. If she comes back with $100 (US) I tell her that the choice is between 450 pesos and $70 (US). Or rather among 450 pesos, $70 (US) and the door! Would that be such a dumb thing to do?

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Never, EVER deal in dollars with the chicas. Ever, ever, ever, ever. Unless you're selling them a computer or something. Their conchitas are in Argentina not La tierra de las Gordas. Pay what you pay but pay it in pesos. Another note, a girl that talks in dollars will probably be dead pussy. Didn't mean to go off like that but Gato Hunter is right, this will lead to serious inflation and we will loose the advantage of the blue market rate.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Just called my contact there and she said I could introduce you, even if it's for a one-off. 6.31 today.
    Check your PMs.

Just called my contact there and she said I could introduce you, even if it's for a one-off. 6.31 today.

Posting Limitations