Thread: Exchanging Currency

+ Submit Report
Page 105 of 137 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2043
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Is anyone else using this cueva? I recently relocated to San Telmo and I'm looking for a new exchange place. I'd rather not make the trek to Scalabrini and Cervino if I can help it.
    I'm close to you, in Monserrat, and use a place on San Martin, close to Plaza de Mayo that gives a consistently higher rate than anything I've ever seen quoted on here. I don't think you can just 'drop in' though. I got 'introduced' and have my salary imported and then changed every month. If you want to change on a regular monthly basis I can 'introduce' you.

Florida and Lavalle

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Is anyone else using this cueva? I recently relocated to San Telmo and I'm looking for a new exchange place. I'd rather not make the trek to Scalabrini and Cervino if I can help it.
    Corner of Lavalle and Florida in the Travel Agency, underground at the bottom of the stairs if you use the Florida entrance.

Accross from the Sex Shop.

Minimum 6. 1 to 1. Depends.

Bright, safe, been using him for small amounts and extra large amounts.

Just walk right in and ask for Cambio.

The Travel Agents look bored.

TL

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    Back of the Western union place at Florida why lavalle, ot 6. 2 for 200$ tonight all the way in the back on the right side there is a door go through money booth behind!

Exchanging Currency

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Rulz  [View Original Post]
    Never, EVER deal in dollars with the chicas. Ever, ever, ever, ever. Unless you're selling them a computer or something. Their conchitas are in Argentina not La tierra de las Gordas. Pay what you pay but pay it in pesos. Another note, a girl that talks in dollars will probably be dead pussy. Didn't mean to go off like that but Gato Hunter is right, this will lead to serious inflation and we will loose the advantage of the blue market rate.
    I second, third, fourth etc. Etc. The posts that say NEVER use dollars. The only time to use dollars is if there is an extreme emergency, and you cannot get to an ATM, currency exchange, use a credit card, or get a XOOM transfer. It is better to bite the bullet and take a small, short term hit until you can get pesos, than to pay in dollars. It is OK to accept dollars, especially if the exchange rate is right, but never pay in dollars. How much you pay is your business, as long as you do not pay in dollars.

Tres3

Rising tide

Up to 6. 40 this morning.

http://dolarblue.net/

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    A more important question: What about the girls? Will they take US dollars at a favorable rate?
    I'd just go by the dollar-english distance rules, closer you are to a chica quoting either, the more odds she'll be dead fish, bad xp, etc regardless of actual cost amounts involved.

1. Pay whatever you want, screw the price police, just negotiate and pay in pesos. Merely talking in dollars seems to make most chicas that do a bad xp, even if the dollar amount is lot lower than what you'd willingly pay in pesos.

2. She speaks english, move on. Use hand gestures and cards with pictures if you have to, chicas that speak English seems general rule of thumb to be crazies or bad xp

Dude!

Never, EVER deal in dollars with the chicas. Ever, ever, ever, ever. Unless you're selling them a computer or something. Their conchitas are in Argentina not La tierra de las Gordas. Pay what you pay but pay it in pesos. Another note, a girl that talks in dollars will probably be dead pussy. Didn't mean to go off like that but Gato Hunter is right, this will lead to serious inflation and we will loose the advantage of the blue market rate.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    A more important question: What about the girls? Will they take US dollars at a favorable rate?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Most girls do NOT know about blue dollars and don't fucking tell them either or we will have pussy inflation!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gato Hunter For This Post:

Using Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Gato Hunter  [View Original Post]
    Never use dollars for anything, get pesos at blue rate and that's it. Businesses can get shut down if they take dollars not on the normal rate is what I have been. Told AFIP is a bad word in BA, worse than IRS

Never use dollars for anything, get pesos at blue rate and that's it. Businesses can get shut down if they take dollars not on the normal rate is what I have been. Told AFIP is a bad word in BA, worse than IRS

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mac  [View Original Post]
    Do board members have experience offering US cash in restaurants in BA? If you are out for dinner and the bill arrives in pesos, can you offer to pay in US$ cash and get a good rate, close to a cueva rate?
    A lot of places have a small sign or card, sometimes in the menu or next to the cash register with what they will exchange dollars for. Most times it is not what you can get on the street.

Do board members have experience offering US cash in restaurants in BA? If you are out for dinner and the bill arrives in pesos, can you offer to pay in US$ cash and get a good rate, close to a cueva rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Yes on the concept, no to the specific number because those change all the time. You have to compare what rates each are giving at the time and adjust each based on whatever expenses you incur to use each.

Example. Right now this moment, today, Xoom would be just over 6. 1 to 1 pesos, but as noted you pay a small xfer fee. You get slightly better deal the more you xfer but say you did $500 USD today. Bank xfer fee which is lowest would be $15. 75. That means the actual EFFECTIVE rate after fees is more like 5. 93 to 1.

Now compare that to the queue on Scalabrini. Didn't go today but last I went was 6:1, and recent poster below says 6. 1 to 1.

With round trip taxi bit more to the cueva than Xoom pickup store, the effective cueva rate if it was 6:1 comes out for me to 5. 95 to 1.

Basically for me the cueva can offer about 0. 1 less exchange and its about same deal as Xoom. If cueva offers bit more, than its always better deal because of Xoom xfer fee.

Bottom line, both are, pretty much equal in my eyes. I'd bring a ton of cash and use Xoom at same time because as posted there's some delays, hassles, and possible limit cut offs with Xoom. Best to have both good supply of USD while using Xoom in between
    Thanks for the good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven  [View Original Post]
    So let me get this straight. If I go through Xoom I will get a rate of 6. 1:1. If I just go to Scalabrini cueva with USD in hand they will exchange at a rate of 6. 0:1 and I don't have to pay the Xoom fees?
    Yes on the concept, no to the specific number because those change all the time. You have to compare what rates each are giving at the time and adjust each based on whatever expenses you incur to use each.

Example. Right now this moment, today, Xoom would be just over 6. 1 to 1 pesos, but as noted you pay a small xfer fee. You get slightly better deal the more you xfer but say you did $500 USD today. Bank xfer fee which is lowest would be $15. 75. That means the actual EFFECTIVE rate after fees is more like 5. 93 to 1.

Now compare that to the queue on Scalabrini. Didn't go today but last I went was 6:1, and recent poster below says 6. 1 to 1.

With round trip taxi bit more to the cueva than Xoom pickup store, the effective cueva rate if it was 6:1 comes out for me to 5. 95 to 1.

Basically for me the cueva can offer about 0. 1 less exchange and its about same deal as Xoom. If cueva offers bit more, than its always better deal because of Xoom xfer fee.

Bottom line, both are, pretty much equal in my eyes. I'd bring a ton of cash and use Xoom at same time because as posted there's some delays, hassles, and possible limit cut offs with Xoom. Best to have both good supply of USD while using Xoom in between

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    I got 6:1 too. You might have confused my other post right below the Scalabrini cueva one which was my Xoom transfer.

Picked up my Xoom transfer which when I sent it last thur night was 6. 1 to 1

At Scalabrini cueva I got 6. 0 to 1, which based on current Xoom of like 5. 9x is better since effective Xoom rate after transfer fees is like 5. 7x
    So let me get this straight. If I go through Xoom I will get a rate of 6. 1:1. If I just go to Scalabrini cueva with USD in hand they will exchange at a rate of 6. 0:1 and I don't have to pay the Xoom fees?

Posting Limitations